JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
santos508 (Offline)
New to JF

Question Would Like some information/new here - 09-13-2007, 03:16 AM

Hi, I'm new to this forum and was wondering if you guys could help with couple decisions. I'm going to graduate next year and will be going/coming to Japan. I've read a lot in many different forums, but it seems like you guys are a lot more level headed in this forum. I plan on teaching English, most likely at a eikaiwa. I'm thinking of going with ECC, or GEOS. I'm wondering which is a better school, I've read their websites so I know what they say you get, but I was wondering if any of you work/worked for either of these two or if you know anyone that does/did. The cities that I will most likely request will be Kobe, Nagasaki, Nagoya, Sapporo, or somewhere in the Sendai area. Could you guys give me the main pros and cons of each of these places, I want to know from people that have lived there, or for some reason know a lot about any of those areas. Oh and I'm laid back, like to party (once or twice a week), like going to movies, my alone time (staying away from too many people), I guess I normally tend to just go to bars and rarely go to clubs for fun; I want to live somewhere that has foreigners but not many, a place that is a little more laid back, and a place where the weather isn't supper cold ( I know Sapporo has a huge amount of snow in the winter, maybe pros will outweigh the cold hehe). With that info could you guys guide me to one of those cities.

Anyway sorry for making this so long, I would really appreciate the help. And thank you for your responses.

Marcelo &