(#11 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
10-17-2007, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii12 View Post
I Know.(a lot can happen in six years but meh...) I tend to focus on the future...i doubt my feelings may change

well, good luck to you then :-)

I had no interest in coming here before I was given the opportunity for a transfer by my company and I am glad I did because I love it! There are a few things worse than England (the summer humidity being the main one) but it kinda evens out on the pros and cons scale
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Kawaii12 (Offline)
New to JF

Cool Yeah - 10-19-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachava View Post
well, good luck to you then :-)

I had no interest in coming here before I was given the opportunity for a transfer by my company and I am glad I did because I love it! There are a few things worse than England (the summer humidity being the main one) but it kinda evens out on the pros and cons scale
Cool...*is envious*...whereabouts in Nihon (Japan) do you live?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-19-2007, 01:36 PM

Living bang in the middle of Yokohama
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Kawaii12 (Offline)
New to JF

Wink Soka (I See) - 10-20-2007, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Living bang in the middle of Yokohama
Lool...Kool...You speak Japanese?
(#15 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-21-2007, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii12 View Post
Lool...Kool...You speak Japanese?
Not perfectly, but I am taking my Japanese Proficiency lvl2 exam in December so well enough... Company paid for me to have lessons before I came and also I had a translator to begin with (who is now my girlfriend lol)
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Kawaii12 (Offline)
New to JF

Cool Lucky! - 10-21-2007, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Not perfectly, but I am taking my Japanese Proficiency lvl2 exam in December so well enough... Company paid for me to have lessons before I came and also I had a translator to begin with (who is now my girlfriend lol)
Haha...anata wa totemo lucky desu ne (You're really lucky arent you?) << wow that sounds so much better in japanese
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-21-2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Translating Girlfriend? Double the fun! =D

(#18 (permalink))
Old
StriderX (Offline)
New to JF

10-21-2007, 10:05 PM

Hey. I'm StriderX as you can see where my username is. I live in the US but I have my heart set on living in Japan! I just didn't realize it until real later after I failed my college courses again and lost my pale grant....mostly due that I was plain lazy and deeply depressed (I attended a community college). What I was planning on was joining the Air Force (which I've been considering since I was a kid) and transferring over to Japan. Either that or somehow go back to college and maybe study to become an English teacher or something in computers that would get me a job in Japan. The English Teacher job I think would be honestly perfect for me because English was my most favorite class and is my specialty!!

I also write manga but I guess you can do that anywhere.

What should I do? Or do I even have a chance of moving to Japan?

Last edited by StriderX : 10-21-2007 at 10:15 PM.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-21-2007, 11:40 PM

The first thing you need to do is graduate from college. Then you can apply for English teaching jobs.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

10-22-2007, 01:55 AM

A few years back, before I started college, I also looked at the Air Force as a means of getting to Japan. In short, I wouldn't recommend it. Mainly because you really have no control over where you end up when you join the Air Force (or any military branch). Recruiters will tell you that you get to pick what you do and where you do it, but in reality it's not usually the case.

Furthermore, there is a small but ever-present animosity between Japanese locals and U.S. military personnel in areas of Japan that have a U.S. military base. Sadly, this animosity is usually caused by reckless servicemen who don't know how to conduct themselves properly in Japan. I decided I didn't want to be any part of it, and went on to university.

As mentioned above, you'll need to go back to college (a four-year university, not a community college).

郷に入っては郷に従え