JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

Japanese Testing for University and Business - 10-19-2007, 03:42 AM

Many people on JF keep asking two questions.

1. How can I get to a Japanese University? (Not Temple and not as an exchange student.)

2. How can I get a job in Japan not teaching English? (And not working a tech job like egineering or programming.)

The answer is usually Japanese ability. But lets get more specific about what that really means.

The test you start with for verifying your ability is the JLPT. Level 1 is the highest and about the level of junior high grads in Japan. Click here, JEES Japanese Language Procifiency Test Home

Next level up is university admissions. On top of language ability, this test will evaluate you ability at math, science, etcetera. Click here, EJU-JASSO

Then there is the business level testing. There are different levels just like the JLPT. Unlike the JLPT, there are separate tests for reading and listening and the oral communication part. At least that is how I understand it. Click here, JETRO - BJT Business Japanese Proficiency Test - What's the BJT?

So there, now get yourself in gear because you have a lot of studying left to do!