JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
mexihiperboreo (Offline)
New to JF

Question To live there in Nipon - 10-24-2007, 06:19 AM

hi there, i'm new in forum stuff.
by the way, im 20 years old student, and what if i wanna live there in Nipon, im mean : if i would be there for student, worker, living from my parents outside, whatever. what are the thingts to do to live there.
i appreachiete your answers
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-24-2007, 07:38 AM

Look through this section. I bet a lot of your questions are already answered. If not feel free to ask.

(No offense, but this EXACT same post comes up a few times a week. The more specific the question you have, the better chance you are going to get a good answer.)
(#3 (permalink))
Old
mexihiperboreo (Offline)
New to JF

for more especific; working on anime - 10-25-2007, 03:40 AM

and how about working?
i wannto go to Kyoto seika unversity to study animacion, i know the many trouble to make on the embassy and the acceptation examen, but does anyone know are the working demand for anime drawer??
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-25-2007, 04:02 AM

For a foreign artist? not very likely. You need to be incredibly talented and fluent in Japanese.

For work, you need a work visa. To have a work visa, you need a sponsor. Not all companies are legally able to sponsor foreign worker visas. You have to be able to prove you have some special skill that a native Japanese worker isn't going to have. 99.99% of the time that is your native language. English (or Spanish, French, Chinese) teaching is the most common job for foreigners.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
mexihiperboreo (Offline)
New to JF

10-26-2007, 05:23 AM

sounds logic, interesting that thing of the sponsers.
anyway and working in some companies to work on languajes traduction, for example spanish languaje one of the most difficults, can i have a sponser on that company or it deppends? and if that not, what other job are there in Nipon for foreginers?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-26-2007, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexihiperboreo View Post
sounds logic, interesting that thing of the sponsers.
anyway and working in some companies to work on languajes traduction, for example spanish languaje one of the most difficults, can i have a sponser on that company or it deppends? and if that not, what other job are there in Nipon for foreginers?
Translation is a good business. Obviously English is a big market, but already flooded. I am sure there are many Spanish translators (especially if the interest in Japan is high in the Spanish-speaking world) but not nearly as many as there are in English. IT is a big market, but I think your Japanese needs to be on a pretty high level to work for a Japanese company. It might be worth investigating local companies with offices in Japan.