you are most welcome.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

10-25-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoFerrari View Post
This depends yeah.... If you go to Sophia or Temple then you will have a great time. If you are at Toudai or Gakushuin then be prepaired to study your ass off. Do you have a University in mind?
Yeah i've got into Tokyo and kyoto univeristy (best 2 in japan) already. My problem is, these two are ranked best two in japan, but i don't know what kind of ranking. I don't know if it was based purely on Masters/doctorats.
Do you know anything about these uni's?... well Tokyo one. cos i'm leaning more towards tokyo now
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Tsuzuki (Offline)
冷血の私生児

Send a message via ICQ to Tsuzuki Send a message via MSN to Tsuzuki Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuzuki Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuzuki
10-25-2007, 05:23 PM

are you often here at JF ? I think I have more questions later ^^,

ギャー(*0*((◎—————ー(°°; ) スッポヌケ〜
✿ あなた だけ が みれば いい... 狂気と真実は紙一重 ✿

そして坊やは眠りについて 息衝く灰の中の炎ひとつ、ふたつと 浮かぶふくらみ愛しい横顔 大地に垂るる幾千の夢、夢 銀の瞳のゆら(◕‿‿◕ )
It's a thin line between genius and stupidity. Once you cross it there is no going back!! Luckily I have tippex and a pen so I can just redraw it where I like!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA =_=

†♫†
(#14 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-25-2007, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Yeah i've got into Tokyo and kyoto univeristy (best 2 in japan) already. My problem is, these two are ranked best two in japan, but i don't know what kind of ranking. I don't know if it was based purely on Masters/doctorats.
Do you know anything about these uni's?... well Tokyo one. cos i'm leaning more towards tokyo now
Toudai and Kyodai are from the same keiretsu. Same school almost. Toudai is rated the best in Japan. But it also depends on what you study. If your an IT guy, you should lean towards Keio Univ. If you are into Japanese law, Toudai would be it. If it is a Med practice.... well.... put it this way. Everytime i needed surgrey on my knee from sports, I would fly to America. I would never do it in japan.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-25-2007, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuzuki View Post
are you often here at JF ? I think I have more questions later ^^,
I found this site tonight and people seem really cool. I will be around to answer questions...
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-25-2007, 05:41 PM

Noodle, You applied and got into Tokyo University and Kyoto University? What program did you apply through?
(#17 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

10-25-2007, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Noodle, You applied and got into Tokyo University and Kyoto University? What program did you apply through?
i got an exchange agreement for Math and/or physics Final year of "bachelors" equivalent.

You sound surprised??
(#18 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-25-2007, 10:13 PM

Well, I was wondering how you got in. That would be like being accepted at Harvard and Yale. I wouldn't think a non-native speaker would even have a chance going through the application process.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

10-25-2007, 10:21 PM

oh yeah, you're right. with a normal application i wouldn't stand a chance without an advanced knowledge of the japanese language. but i'm only doing an exchange... the university i'm in now has an agreement with tokyo and kyoto among other universities.

But my prof did say that the only reason they accepted me is cos of my results and the fact that i speak different languages. (dunno how that interests them, but i'm not gonna complain)
(#20 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

10-25-2007, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoFerrari View Post
Toudai and Kyodai are from the same keiretsu. Same school almost. Toudai is rated the best in Japan. But it also depends on what you study. If your an IT guy, you should lean towards Keio Univ. If you are into Japanese law, Toudai would be it. If it is a Med practice.... well.... put it this way. Everytime i needed surgrey on my knee from sports, I would fly to America. I would never do it in japan.
i'm afraid you've confused me a little... i haven't heard of Toudai, kyodai, keiretsu etc. anymore info on this? (a link maybe)
Also, i'm going to do math and/or physics... your thoughts on that?