LinkBack Thread Tools
(#141 (permalink))
Old
typing (Offline)
JF Regular

02-09-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuzuki View Post
I comes 1 month later ^^" does I really need a visa for working in a night club?! °°
If it's a reputable night club, yes.

If it's a backwash place that could be trying to get you into some pretty questionable situations by holding you lack of proper visa over your head and threatening to report you to the authorities, no.

But after the brutal murder of a Nova teacher and a Hostess last year and a few years ago the police have been really cracking down on night clubs having visa's for their workers.

You've got to realize that if you don't have a visa, you can get in a lot of trouble, whomever hires you can get in a lot of trouble too, but they may try to hire you in an attempt to get you into doing shady practices. I highly don't reccomend it, try for a visa first.

(At least a work/vacation visa if you're in a country that allows it)

I have great faith in fools -- self confidence my friends call it. -- Edgar Allan Poe
(#142 (permalink))
Old
typing (Offline)
JF Regular

02-09-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oslogal View Post
Hello, I'm new here. Just discovered this great site this morning and haven't done a bit of work since.

Anyway, I am going to Tokyo in March for about 3 weeks (approx. March 10-30) and hope I can get some advice.

I have lived in Japan (Tokyo and Chiba) for a total of three years but it was many years ago. I also worked for a Japanese company outside of Japan and therefore took many business trips to Japan. But I haven't been to Japan for over 10 years now.

I am taking a trip by myself just to visit old friends, reacquaint myself with the country in general, and to brush up my Japanese (I used to be fluent, even taught Japanese at Uni level)-- I am very rusty after not using it at all for 10 years. (I live in Norway). Still, I can get by in Japanese for all practical purposes.

I'd like advice on the following:

1) where to stay in Tokyo area --- somewhere decent but inexpensive-- does that exist?

2) Possibility of taking a short-term course (2-3 weeks) in anything like Japanese crafts or traditions-- I can do the search work if someone would just point me in the right direction...

3) How to find out what is happening on the music scene (pop, rock, jazz, experimental)

Any and all advice is very much appreciated!

-OG
Place to stay wise if you're thinking a month and don't mind being in a very small place that's not a hotel...

Try Sakura House, I hear they're clean at least.

I have great faith in fools -- self confidence my friends call it. -- Edgar Allan Poe
(#143 (permalink))
Old
deaded13 (Offline)
New to JF

info please - 11-05-2010, 12:50 AM

i will be visiting some time next year. i have read about a bar/club that is set up like a train or subway car where you pay to "feel up" the girls. is this a real place ? deaded13@msn.com thanks.
(#144 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-05-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaded13 View Post
i will be visiting some time next year. i have read about a bar/club that is set up like a train or subway car where you pay to "feel up" the girls. is this a real place ? deaded13@msn.com thanks.
Haha! You bumped up a thread that was almost 3 years old to ask this?

In any event, that club went under last year :
Why Uguisudani’s ‘Chikan Club’ went from boobs to bust | The Tokyo Reporter - News, Features, and Photography from Tokyo

Don't feel too bad, however. You probably wouldn't have been allowed in.