LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-27-2007, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoFerrari View Post
But I honestly dont think they did take advantage of them. I take it you live in Japan. You know how many affricans live here right. So their kids go to school and win races. I see what your saying and I agree with you. I just dont think they recruted. Maybe some shibuya school recruted from shinjuku or something, but not going directly to africa for the runners.
That's not what I had heard. These weren't all sons of Japanese living African business men. From what I understand (and I could be totally wrong) that at least some of them were hand-picked from recruiters scouting overseas and were given marathon scholarships.

I don't live in Japan now, but visit once or twice a year, and did live there fore a few years.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-27-2007, 04:52 AM

Quote:
I never had a problem in Kansai. I thought it was better there. Tokyo is just evil. lol
That's funny!!! It is totally different, huh?
(#23 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-27-2007, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
That's not what I had heard. These weren't all sons of Japanese living African business men. From what I understand (and I could be totally wrong) that at least some of them were hand-picked from recruiters scouting overseas and were given marathon scholarships.

I don't live in Japan now, but visit once or twice a year, and did live there fore a few years.
hey it's japan, anything is possible I guess. lol
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-27-2007, 04:59 AM

Quote:
What about them? I don't understand the question.

Basically, the students shipped in to run in the marathon were from Africa. I am trying to think if there were any from other continents, but can't think of any of the top of my head.
The point is that from banning all foreign students taht will affect many people that were not trying to have any advantage.It could be more soecific,a kind of rule that avoided what you said,but without banning all the foreign students.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-27-2007, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidreptile View Post
The point is that from banning all foreign students taht will affect many people that were not trying to have any advantage.It could be more soecific,a kind of rule that avoided what you said,but without banning all the foreign students.
It simply bans foreign students from participating in that race...not from being able to attend the school. Though, without the race, the point might be gone for those students who came to the school only to run in the race.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
10-27-2007, 05:08 AM

Quote:
That's interesting. I have never had anyone not sit next to me on the train. Maybe it's a Kansai thing...

lol, happens to me ALL THE TIME in Tokyo/Yokohama... people would actually rather stand on a really crowded train than sit next to a gaijin

I love being in this country, but there is definately some resentment of gaijin amongst a percentage (not all) of Japanese people. Even my (Japanese) girlfriend said it annoys her because she understands people look at her differently for having a gaijin boyfriend
(#27 (permalink))
Old
animerox102 (Offline)
Hello there! ^^

Send a message via MSN to animerox102 Send a message via Yahoo to animerox102 Send a message via Skype™ to animerox102
10-27-2007, 05:09 AM

Quote:
2 hr in the morning & 2 hr at night

4 hr X 5 days = 20 hr a week X 52 weeks = 1040 hr a year. But I am healthy and I was able to marry a Japanese supermodel
no offence but you are SO full of yourself.

Anime Expo 2011 attendee
(#28 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-27-2007, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachava View Post
lol, happens to me ALL THE TIME in Tokyo/Yokohama... people would actually rather stand on a really crowded train than sit next to a gaijin

I love being in this country, but there is definately some resentment of gaijin amongst a percentage (not all) of Japanese people. Even my (Japanese) girlfriend said it annoys her because she understands people look at her differently for having a gaijin boyfriend
I have spent some time in Yokohama, and never really noticed that. But maybe I was naive. I did notice that people don't really talk on the trains in Yokohama and Tokyo. It's like a library. In Kansai it's like a busy restaurant.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-27-2007, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animerox102 View Post
no offence but you are SO full of yourself.
None taken, and yes I am. In this country, if I am not, then I may as well go sit in the corner.

Last edited by TokyoFerrari : 10-27-2007 at 05:25 AM.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-27-2007, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachava View Post

Hahahah, My wife feels the same. Her parents are just now coming around. My wife actually told a group of girls off in a conbini because they were staring.

About the crowded trains, that is funny huh. If it is a girl, she would rather be squished then sit next to a gaijin.