LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

11-18-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachava View Post
They just said the exams are really simplistic in comparison to american examinations

Funnily enough, I studied mathematics in England (The University of Sheffield) and I was doing a lot more than 12hours a week...
hmmmm. i can't say anything about that because i don't know what either exam is like. i only know about french and english (they are identical almost).

as for your more than 12 hours... you had more than 12 hours of lectures or both lectures and tutorials?
(#22 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
11-18-2007, 02:57 PM

18hrs of lectures (24hrs when doing masters), 6hrs of tutorials a week... was also doing around 20-30hours outside of lectures as well
(#23 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

11-18-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachava View Post
18hrs of lectures (24hrs when doing masters), 6hrs of tutorials a week... was also doing around 20-30hours outside of lectures as well
things must have changed then. because in oxford (i just asked someone who is there), he has 10 lectures per week (50 mins to 1 hour) and then he has 2 tutorials of about 1h to 2hrs depending on what he needs to ask or what help he needs to get!!!

for me in france, i have on average 13hrs of lectures and 27hrs of tutorials.. (some weeks, very rarely, i will have only 10 hours lectures and 20 hours tutorials, maybe 2 weeks in a semester)
(#24 (permalink))
Old
guywalls (Offline)
New to JF

12-01-2007, 10:43 PM

Am I the only one who feels that Odonata is being unrealistic? Does he really understand the change of culture hes moving into, let alone the difficulty of getting a job in Japan multinational company without any form of degree...

Oh yeahs the land lords over there suck pretty bad if you're a foreigner...the majority of them have outdated views of us...thinking we are kind of untrustworthy or wild. This is where a large multinational company would come in handy as they can act as your guaranteer, which makes renting out properities much easier.

But apart from that I thinks its pretty cool that you want a change of life style.

P.s whats with the talk of swords and lasers ... makes you sound uber dorky and moronic.

Last edited by guywalls : 12-01-2007 at 10:47 PM.