JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Mattleninja (Offline)
I cannot be defeated

Question Salary? - 11-11-2007, 08:51 PM

Hey guys, sorry if there's already a thread on this (I couldn't see one though) but can anyone tell me the average salary in Japan for a foreigner? Also if possible more specifically in employment areas relating to psychology.

I'm planning to do a work placement year in Japan for my 3rd University year (so I'm planning 2 years ahead, so what? ) and so am considering these factors.

Any help/the actual figures/whatever is much appreciated

(#2 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

11-11-2007, 11:42 PM

Average salary, 250,000 yen, because the majority of foreigners are English teachers. After that you have Brazillian and Peruvian factory workers, somewhere around 150,000 to 200,000 is my best guess. Then there are the hostess who make really good if they are legal and probably make nothing if they are a trafficked person who is in forced prostitution.

I could ask the school counselor how much she makes because she is the only psychologist I know, but she only gets part time pay and makes most of her money making paper or something like that.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Roystar (Offline)
New to JF

11-12-2007, 08:05 AM

Jobs in Japan: Jobs - Japan Jobs - Japan News - Japan Info - Japan Apartments - Japan Classifieds - Japan Forums
heres a site where you can get jobs, they show how much you will get paid and in what city the jobs are.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Mattleninja (Offline)
I cannot be defeated

11-14-2007, 07:12 PM

Thanks for all your help guys.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
DesiredMess (Offline)
.Infront of Persona.

11-16-2007, 12:31 AM

Ha, I need this too. I've been wondering what jobs I could get over in Japan...and I heard it's expensive to live there too. O_O

Videogame junkie extraordinaire. I often need help getting snapped back into reality, so bare with me.