JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kithkanan (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to kithkanan
First post ever - 02-04-2008, 05:47 AM

So this is my first post here. I've never been in a Japanese forum before, so let's see how this work out. Kinda like Japan and I do enjoy reading books of it. My last book about this country was "The honor of the samurai" or something like that. Although a novel, it certainly succeeded on depicting a 19th-century Edo and its surroundings.

I started an attempt to learn Japanese language, but it was rather difficult and after six months I gave up and switched to German. It's not like I have a good dominion over the language (ich kann Deutsche sprechen, aber weing; die Deklinatzion sind sehr schwierig, und ich bin ein schlecht Student...), but at least the characters are not that difficult. :P

At any rate, here I am again, doing my second attempt. And also, an attempt to reach a culture with --I believe-- many stereotypes (such as mine). Other than books, the only approaches I've had is through popular culture... I mean, Yoko Ono, Age of Empires and (hats off please, ladies and gentlemen) Saint Seiya (after eighteen long years, I still have my tiny Saint dolls: Seiya, Shiriu, Yoga, Shun, Ikki, Moo, Saga, Aldebaran, Camus, Aiyoria, Milo... those were good times indeed :P).

But that's just pop culture at any rate, stereotypes. Whether this reflects Japanese culture, I really doubt so.

But now the ball is on your side, all of you. Why of course, only if you're interested though. I mean, you can always skip this post and go to the next. Or reply and maybe we can do something like a "cultural" exchange. Perhaps. My country has many of these "cultural" things that seems to like to foreign people. Take the pyramids, for example; useless amounts of stones that tourists seek for all the time... not that they're not interesting or show a beautiful architecture, magnanimous for many stone-aged cities, but hey, after spending all my childhood visiting every single pyramid around the cities I've lived on, well, you get tired of it.

As said at the beginning, let's see how this works out.

Regards,
KK.

Regards,
KK.

===
Everybody's trying to make us another century of fakers.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
hentailover92 (Offline)
i am not a perv

Send a message via AIM to hentailover92
02-04-2008, 05:58 AM

uh okay... welcome to jf where ure wildest dreams can come true (that is if u don't become a victim to vitamin water)
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Yuri (Offline)
back from outer space :D

Location: near the sun, with the moon..kissing the shooting stars..this is where i am
Send a message via AIM to Yuri Send a message via MSN to Yuri Send a message via Yahoo to Yuri
02-04-2008, 06:26 AM

haha yeah!
hey, im Rin, nice ta meet ya, im a fairly older member here
ummm......yeah, anyway, welcome and fee free to PM me ^^
Rin

the real truth is often the one we dont want to hear
i am the tears that fall, you are the blood on my skin, we are mingled forever again, here we stand, hand in hand, but ill let go when my time has come, time for u to fly alone
(#4 (permalink))
Old
kithkanan (Offline)
New to JF

02-04-2008, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hentailover92 View Post
uh okay... welcome to jf where ure wildest dreams can come true (that is if u don't become a victim to vitamin water)
Hehehe, did I just popped up a lot of unsenseness out of my mind? Well, it's kinda late here and my eyes are nearly closed, but I refuse to sleep. So just forgive my lack of sanity for the moment and take the hole post as a "hello" message.

So, let me ask, what is vitamin water?

Regards,
KK.

===
(#5 (permalink))
Old
kithkanan (Offline)
New to JF

02-04-2008, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
haha yeah!
hey, im Rin, nice ta meet ya, im a fairly older member here
ummm......yeah, anyway, welcome and fee free to PM me ^^
Rin
Hi Rin, nice to meet you too... well, sorry for all those words. My fingers have a mind on their own and they like writing stuffs like those.

Thanks for the welcome. ^^

Surely I do enjoy the ^^

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

Alright, I'll shut up.

Uhm... what does "PM me" means?

[EDIT]
Hehe, now it seems so obvious...
[/EDIT]

Regards,
KK.

Regards,
KK.

===

Last edited by kithkanan : 02-04-2008 at 08:56 AM.