JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Looking for Friends Ads (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/looking-friends-ads/)
-   -   Japanese Guy in San Francisco (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/looking-friends-ads/13447-japanese-guy-san-francisco.html)

tommasi 03-17-2008 07:06 AM

Japanese Guy in San Francisco

Hi, I'm looking for friends in the Bay Area who are interested in Japanese culture and the language not just anime and manga.

My family runs a little international house in Tokyo. It is more like a communal thing and I'm a native of Tokyo so I can give info about how to get by in Tokyo and etc.

Since I provide support for gaijin community in my local area, I would like to help people in SF who might be heading to Japan or Tokyo in the near future and my goal is really to expand the community here in SF.

If you are interested, please drop me a line or two.

I'll be waiting for your reply!!

Snowdrop 03-17-2008 08:11 AM

I like Japanese culture and nihon go, but i dont live in San Fransico T_______T
Can i be your friend?

luyus 03-17-2008 10:11 PM

My place is a little drier than San Francisco, but only a state over. Can I still become your friend?

KrazyKev 03-17-2008 11:14 PM

I don't live in the Bay Area, but I do live on the Central Coast. I'd like to be your friend.

tommasi 03-18-2008 06:33 AM

Thank you Snowdrop, luyus, and KrazyKev!!

I was just looking for someone nearby so I can invite people to cook outs and stuff.

My current place in SF is kind of like international house as well and my roommates and I organize cook outs quite often and invite guests. I thought maybe I could invite someone new in the near future so that' why I said friends in SF.

Anyways, I appreciate you guys for replying!!

May I ask where you guys reside?

tommasi 03-18-2008 06:50 AM

I have just added you guys on my buddy list!!

luyus 03-18-2008 07:20 PM

Like I said, only a state away: Arizona

reihiino 03-18-2008 09:10 PM

Hello! I live in the Bay Area (in the East Bay to be exact) & I used to live in San Francisco & I go back there all the time to visit. So you can pm me if your interested!

SpaceNeko 03-18-2008 09:33 PM

Hi Tommasi san!

I live in the East Bay and I work in San Francisco. My girlfriend and I are going to Japan on March 31 for 2 weeks. We will be in Tokyo for our second week, but the first week will be spent traveling to Hijemi (possibly), Kyoto, Nara, and perhaps Osaka. I do know one person in Osaka and one in Tokyo, but we're not very close. I hope they will meet us to show me around a little... ^_^

I like Manga a lot and a few other pop cultural things from Japan, but my girlfriend does not so much... We'll probably only do a very few anime shopping things, and spend most of the time enjoying the culture and food, and utterly destroying the language with my very basic skills! -_- We do have several interests in mind so far.

We would both very much like a new friend! We would be happy to treat you to dinner in a SF restaurant in exchange for advice! We would also be happy to share information about our favorite things in San Francisco!

Ja ne,
Mark (SpaceNeko)

tommasi 03-19-2008 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luyus (Post 430650)
Like I said, only a state away: Arizona

Where about in Arizona do you live??