JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
SolidRaven (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to SolidRaven
Talking American guy looking for japanese and american friends in the NYC area and Japan - 06-03-2008, 08:25 PM

Hi, my name is Justin and I am 23 turning 24 on July 29 and I am looking to meet some new friends and also penpals. I am trying to be the next greatest video game creator of my generation and to be hailed as one of the best American video game creators and to be hailed as one of the greats like Shigeru Miyamoto, Yuji Naka, Yu Suzuki and Hideo kojima. I just feel really out of place in the society I live in and a co-worker who is Japanese told me that I would fit in here since I do like the japanese culture more. Please write back to me and I will get in touch as soon as possible. thank you
(#2 (permalink))
Old
filiadragongurl (Offline)
Japan Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to filiadragongurl
06-05-2008, 01:48 PM

Hi, I'm 23 as well and a computer programmer with an interest in video games. I'm not in the NYC area (6 hour bus ride away), but there is a good amount Japanese culture stuff over there! I suggest checking out the store called Book Off. This is a Japanese chain of stores with second hand books, DVDs, games, and possibly other media. And, just like the ones in Japan, the one in NYC is full of Japanese book and things, although there are some English books too.

The Japan Society also has some events and displays every month or so.

Anyway, I've spent some time in NYC finding the Japanese stuff, so if you have any questions or want to be friends even though I'm not close by, you can PM me.

Good luck fitting in! ^_^
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SolidRaven (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to SolidRaven
06-05-2008, 04:41 PM

hey thanks for the info, and check your PM .