JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Alfred (Offline)
New to JF

Exclamation Attention Japanese youths! Want to become a celebrity in Sweden? - 06-10-2008, 03:06 PM

Aftonbladet, Scandinavia's biggest newspaper (both online and in print), has commissioned me to do an article on a cosplayer's everyday life.

Are you (or do you know) a dedicated cosplayer (preferably videogame oriented) residing in the Tokyo area? If so, I'd love to hang out with you for a day or two (both when you're in your costume and living your ordinary life outside of the cosplay realm), snap a lot of pictures, buy you lunch/coffee/crêpes/whatever you prefer and ask you some questions.

The article with your pictures is guaranteed to reach millions of readers, both in print and online. If you so wish, I will send you both the paper itself and the link to the article on Aftonbladet's hugely popular web site, which is #1 of all Swedish web sites.

On top of this, I'm working on a piece about fashion, youth culture and rebellion in Japan. This article is likely to be published in a lifestyle magazine rather than Aftonbladet, but nothing is set in stone yet. If you are or know someone who would be interested in participating (posing for photos, talking about youth culture and the fashion scene in Tokyo), please let me know.

To reiterate, if you're a) Japanese, b) english speaking (obiously, since you're reading this), c) between 16 and 30 years old and d) interested in cosplaying/fashion (the more obsessed you are the better!), please get in touch with me at alfred.holmgren@aftonbladet.se. I'll also make sure to check back here regularly in case anyone has any questions and would prefer asking them here instead of e-mailing me. And again, if you know someone who you think would be perfect for my articles (and would appreciate the attention), don't hesitate to give them my e-mail address.