JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Crownedinterror (Offline)
JF Regular

Looking for communication - 07-11-2008, 05:54 PM

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I saw that a lot of people are posting for friends and stuff. I would like to communicate with people interested in telling me their story. Yeah, because I think everybody has a story to tell. Here's mine. If you don't want to read it you can just jump to my description.

I'm 17 years old, and will turn 18 in august. I'm born in Nicaragua. You might have never heard of this little country located under Honduras in Central America. So my mothertongue was Spanish. My familly moved to Canada, (Montreal), when I was still little and I learned French as fast as hell. So fast that my Spanish is now kinda poor. Yes, for those who don't know, they speak French in Montreal XD. I studied music at elementary school and played violin for 7 years. Then at highschool I changed and started playing Euphonium (its like a little Tuba). At the begining, I could even make a sound with that instrument since I was more used to intruments with strings... but within a month I could play as well as all the other students. Then at the fourth year of my highschool i decided to stop music because it demanded a lot of efforts and I was in a special program which required more work. But I didn't entirely stop music, I bought a guitar and started learning it by myself.
I discovered that I was good at learning things XD.

One day, my friend gave me an anime to watch, it was "NHK ni youkoso". That was the first time I heard Japanese, no kidding. First of all, I found Japanese to be a very beautiful language, simple (for pronounciation) but effective. And I also loved "NHK ni youkoso", to be honest it made me cry.

So thats how I started learning Japanese. I bought a book and 1 weeks later I could read Katana and Hiragana. In 2 weeks I was better at Japanese than my friend who took classes during 1 or 2 years. But thats because I worked alot. Everyday, I would study 4 to 5 hours, sometimes even more. I was still a
newbie tho... My vocabulary wasn't very rich and I couldn't make complete sentences easily.

In Quebec, highschool is 5 years and then you start something they call "CEGEP" which is like college. Now I'm at my second year of college and I study Computer Science. I always wanted to be a programmor and create games. I find japanese video games very original and somewhat special.

Now I am here. As many of you I want to live in Japan. Sometimes I asked myself "Why? Why do I want to go to Japan and live there?". I found that living in Japan as no reason for me. Its more like that living in Japan IS the reason. For that, it doesn't need to be justified because its my project as a human being.

-- Description

If I had to describe myself, I would say that I'm tan, skinny, I have short brown hair and brown eyes. I have ten fingers which are very useful. I'm kinda in the average for the height. I have big eyes and I wear glasses.

I like video games but I'm not like some freaks XD. I play them with an artist eye and heart. My music style is Deathmetal but not Metallica and Iron Maiden. I'm more Dark Tranquility, The Crown and Quo Vadis for those who know. This is what I prefer but really I can listen to everything as long as its not repetitive or too simple. In fact I like all songs that can give me emotions.

I like helping people, teaching things, learning things and thinking.

Thats my story. What is yours? I'm sure it's very interesting and I think its a good way to introduce yourself.

日本人には、すみません。日本語はすこしできますから 、日本語でこのはなしを
書くことができません。

phew that was kinda long... sorry for people who found it boring :S

Here is my e-mail address: gab_lumbi17@hotmail.com if you don't want to post you life on a forum XD. It works as a MSN address.

(forgot to mention it... im male <_<)
(#2 (permalink))
Old
PsaikoKyo (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via ICQ to PsaikoKyo Send a message via MSN to PsaikoKyo
07-11-2008, 06:17 PM

Wow, I'm really impressed about your story and how fast you learnt music instruments and languages.

I don't have a story to tell, maybe some parts which changed my life a bit.
I'm 16 now, going to be 17 in November, live in Germany.
Since I was 6 I draw, cause my big sister was very good at it and I want to become so good, too.
I saw Sailor Moon and started drawing in the Japanese style. But I really suck ^-^''
But I kept on practising, trying to be good at drawing in the manga style but other stuff as well.
Today one of my works which I made in school is shown in an art gallery in Berlin, the capital of Germany and one of my manga images was published in one of the biggest magazines for japanese stuff here.
So I decided to study art or design later, but I don't wanna design things, that others tell me to.
That's the greatest problem. Maybe I can do my own stuff in Japan. That's the reason why I wanna go there and if I'm not allowed to do my own stuff, I'll go also there to find some inspiration.

Give Rise to Suicide
Give Rise to Art
Give Rise to Dead
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JF Regular

07-11-2008, 06:27 PM

!! Very impressive too XD. Thanks very much PsaikoKyo! Keep up the good work
and draw everyday! I have a friend that's in Art and Design too but he's lazy XD so I push him to draw. Don't worry if you don't like being given orders haha. You know, even if it's someone else that tells you what to do, you can still find a place in your work to imprint your mark! Thank you very much!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Kayami92 (Offline)
75% Sugar, 25% Music

08-09-2008, 04:57 AM

Haha, I'm surprised I found this. But before I tell my story I have something to say:

You are INSPIRING. I've never heard nor met someone who learned so fast! And your love of music is beautiful. Man, I wish I could meet you in person. I feel almost obligated to write another story becuase of you!

I'm 15, turning 16 in September. I was born in Puerto rico, so my native language is spanish too (although, a more slang-ish type). When I was 4 we moved to Florida and when I entered Pre-K, I started learning english. I also started speaking, but I stuttered a lot (I still do, but not as bad as then). My spanish isn't fluent, but I can understand it perfectly.I taught myself to read. My first chapter book was a Little Princess. And from reading, I learned to write. Now I write all sorts of stories.

As all children I watched T.V. Mostly Cartoon Network. Which is where i discovered Sailor moon (high five PsaikoKyo!) I didn't know it was anime, but I loved it. When it was cancelled I forgot about it. Until a Japanese teacher came to our school when I was 7. She taught us the basics of Japanese and the culture. That's how I started loving Japan.

I'm starting to learn more Japanese, I know enough to pick it up in some anime.

Like almost everyone here, i too want to go to Japan. My reason is kind of selfish, but I see Japan as my ultimate inspiration. The need to go is very strong, so I'm saving money and I have plans. I go to conventions out of pure fun and I'm even starting a club at my school.

Uh...that's it. I think. PsaikoKyo, I agree with Crownedinterror. Keep drawing. A friend of mine was kinda sucky at drawing. But after practicing for a few years, she's AMAZING! her art is really life like.

...It looks much cooler in my head...

Let's get wrecked on pop tarts and sex and see the Taj Mahal
Let's save birds from Prince William Sound and skateboard through the mall
Let's fight crime with mangoes and limes and join the PGA
Let's win big with every spin but hurry, I can't wait

--
Motion City Soundtrack - It Had To Be You

(#5 (permalink))
Old
neoark400 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to neoark400
08-09-2008, 10:45 AM

Hello, look like more musicals here of course include me^^. I studies piano. Of course I love so much classic music. You learned violin I think you can work at Eminence^^.

Okay, get to the point. First, indrotuce myself first. My name called Edward Lee, called me Edward. 18 years old. I am studies piano at music central for 3 months, because my country most school don't have music class so that I took piano course. I am also have talented to design web.

Okay, you want know more about me you can send message, e-mail or MSN to me. See you later.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
JF Regular

08-09-2008, 02:59 PM

Wow I thought this thread was dead.
My musical skills have greatly decrease tho. I´m good at learning, but for the rest I need effort. Looks like alot of people got interested in Japan by anime.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
neoark400 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to neoark400
08-10-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crownedinterror View Post
Wow I thought this thread was dead.
My musical skills have greatly decrease tho. I´m good at learning, but for the rest I need effort. Looks like alot of people got interested in Japan by anime.
Me too, I most like Japanese anime such as Full Metal Alchemist, Trinity Blood and etc.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMlady (Offline)
New to JF

08-13-2008, 04:57 PM

HI!
I'm a 15 year old girl. I live in a very small village in Germany, but go to school in Holland. (I'm dutch) When I was like 8 or something my parents decided to move to Spain. I lived tehre for 6-7 years, but had to leave because we couldn't afford to live there. I was pissed. I finally found such good and true friends, and now, I had to leave them all. To say goodbye to them was the hardest thing I ever did in my life. I never felt so bad...
NOw, a year later I still cry sometimes, because I really hate it here and I want to return to Spain so badly... Because I still feel so bad about it, I can't even afford it to chat with my Spanish friends, it makes me cry all the time and I never can hold it any longer that 10 minutes...
So... Now I live in germany, where teh houses are cheaper that in Holland. But it sucks. I find my self with no friends in the village, mostly because tehre are only grandpa's living here n.n and because I hate the lengauge, the people and everything that has to do with germany...
I shouldn't hate it so much, but I really can't help it.

Many people say that they began to have interest in japan through manga.
That's not my way of getting to know Japan.
It's all thanks to my brother that I am now here on this forum.
I was just browsing through the history of my computer, when I saw the word hentai. I thought: what the heck is that? So I clicked on it. I saw that it was just a peverted site of my brother, but this one was with drawings, not real people. I already knew the existence of manga, but never really looked at it. Now I did. (I know disgusting for a girl of my age, was then 12 years or something) I didn't find teh drawings exciting or anything, but I found myself searching for manga on google. Then I saw the drawings that a normal girl would see, and I liked it.
Years passed by and finnally the day arrived that I would get fast Internet (before was 64 kb/sec). I started to browse youtube and remembered manga.
Anime was what came out: Cardcaptor Sakura. It was too childish for me, but it was my first experience with the japanese language, and I loved it! n.n
Then I started searching for more anime and I eventually bought my first manga in the American Book Shop Fruits Basket.
Well, that's my story about how I got into Japan.. n.n

-------- F A C T S
I love to write poems; in dutch, english and spanish.. LOVE IT
I even got published in England with a poem n.n
I always buy a new Tamagotchi on every vacation I go... (weird hea?)
I cannot live without chewing gum (but only the one from LIDL)
I love chinese food (sorry, not japanese...)
and it's the only thing I wanna eat in a restaurant.

Sorry for the long, long, long shit I talk about.. n.n
You can complain or communicate (more) with me whenever you like, I ALWAYS ANSWER!

Come, come see me @ DeviantArt
----- You are only falling so you can get up again -----
(#9 (permalink))
Old
crazyviking (Offline)
Traveller

08-14-2008, 05:34 AM

hi
my name is kris 22.
im from canada too of the west side.
i farm on the great praries. i use to take care of animals but not any more.
i grow fruit trees native to west canada called "saskatoons" to me they are much nicer than blue berry.
i still try to play sports foot ball and soccer.
i like hiking and taking pictures of land scapes on my hikes.
winter is my favorite season with lots of snow and i find there is more to do for fun around that time too. who is a ski fan!
i like techno.
i did learn music but i was like a bull in a glass shop, in couple months i quit.
i like martial arts im learning a chinese form.
my favorite show would be mm Bleach.

in few days i be going to northeren Norway for the winter and im learn the language. its my first time learning a language.

be a youth worker with people in a group called YWAM. (youth with a mission) its great organization to meet people. i like meeting people and working with them..
hope get little free time and go to main land Europe.

one day i will get to Japan. it is on my very long list of countries that i want to go to.

enjoy your wonderful day.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
JF Regular

08-18-2008, 04:12 PM

Awesome story MMLady same for crazyviking. The part with hentai stuff was funny XD/ So sad that you can't live in Spain.

"saskatoons"? I didn't even know it existed as a fruit XD only knew the city.