JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Frits (Offline)
New to JF

Smile New arrival :-) - 10-03-2008, 03:58 AM

Hi everybody.
My name's Frits and I'm new here as I found out about this forum 2 or 3 days ago. Oddly enough this was at almost the same time I decided to pick up a little knowledge of the Japanese language as I'm getting rather interested in it. And I blame One Piece for it I started watching it about a week (I'm at Season 2 now, episode 64)

Anyway, a little about myself: I'm a 28 year old Dutch guy with long hair. I would like to have been able to say that I live near the top of a giant mountain, but since Holland is as flat as a slice of cheese, that would be lying
I finished highschool 9 years ago and since that time I've been living on my own. In the beginning I used to live in real crapholes, but fortunately I managed to upgrade to a lesser craphole a while back
When it comes to music, I used to be a metal fan. Nowadays I still really like it, but I now appreciate a wider variety of music.... It really depends on the mood I'm in. My favourite artists/groups include: Rage against the Machine, Pantera, Clawfinger, Rammstein, Die Toten Hosen, Metallica, Biohazard.
I'm fluent in Dutch and English. I can read and understand German perfectly, but I'm not sure if I've mastered the speaking and writing just as well (I'm suspecting I'm making lots of grammatical errors there) I can speak, write and read French quite good too, but the understanding is a bit more difficult. As to Japanese; just started and so far I've learned of the 3 scripts the Japanese use and the way to pronounce the vowels... I've been singing along the closing song from One Piece season 2 "Run! Run! Run!" for pratice. And since I'm doing this really spastic dance with it, alternating with air-guitaring in between, the neighbours feel I should see a priest for an excorsism.... or failing that, just get some Ritalin

In any case, I've read a few posts on this forum before signing up and it seems to be a nice community and I look forward to reading, learning and posting.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
reihiino (Offline)
The North Remembers

10-03-2008, 04:02 AM

Yea One Piece (<3's Tony Tony Chopper! Yea 28 years old (me too )! Yea PANTERA (R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell)!!!

welcome to JF!

s the 10th doctor
s Verbal & Taku
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Tain (Offline)
JF Regular

10-03-2008, 04:21 AM

hi! there's also some dutch topic somewhere, come say hi ^^
(#4 (permalink))
Old
cocoblack (Offline)
New to JF

Hi Frits - 10-05-2008, 11:10 PM

Hi Frits. It was interesting to read what you wrote.
Am 27years old japanese woman. Am living in Australia at the moment.Hoping to go back to Japan to spend sometime with family next year.havn't seen them for few years now.Well, anyway feel free to write to me if you are interested to have little chat with me.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Marek (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Marek
10-06-2008, 07:16 AM

(so other people now, this reply is in dutch )

Hallo frits,
er zijn best wat NLers hier op JF, we hebben zelfs een thread, ik zal ff de link zoeken.
HIER: all dutch here.. we can also help you learning dutch XD.

ik hoop dat je geniet van het forum... ik heb ook nog maar 20 posts ofzo, en ben hier ook pas een weekje

houdoe

ps ja ik ben een brabander

Panchu Kuma will kick your ass