JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Looking for Friends Ads (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/looking-friends-ads/)
-   -   Just wanted to say... (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/looking-friends-ads/21246-just-wanted-say.html)

Keaton421 12-01-2008 07:25 AM

Just wanted to say...

The standard of "friends" around here is pretty low.

Thanks, Myspace generation! :D

ThirdSight 12-01-2008 05:06 PM

Welcome to the information age buddy.

Hell, the standard of friendship anywhere, forget just online shindigs, is pretty low.

SHAD0W 12-01-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdSight (Post 636603)
Welcome to the information age buddy.

Hell, the standard of friendship anywhere, forget just online shindigs, is pretty low.

What? Have I missed something?

ThirdSight 12-01-2008 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHAD0W (Post 636605)
What? Have I missed something?

You didn't get my email on it?

Hang on, I'll send you a text message through the microscopic cell phone I had implanted in my ass, and then confirm that you got it by sending you a fax through my wristwatch.

Technology: Bringing people closer together by being further apart.

SHAD0W 12-01-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdSight (Post 636607)
You didn't get my email on it?

Hang on, I'll send you a text message through the microscopic cell phone I had implanted in my ass, and then confirm that you got it by sending you a fax through my wristwatch.

Technology: Bringing people closer together by being further apart.

Speak for yourself..

I have friends, a job, a girlfriend, at uni, at college (japanese class) and when i have money we all go out to the local rock/metal bar.

Technology helps us keep in contact but i wouldnt put off seeing my friends in person because i could talk to them online from my bed?

Naoko 12-01-2008 05:36 PM

I think he's just saying that nowadays that is a huge consensus. At the same time...at least in my case...getting out of high school automatically means you're not going to see half of those people on a regular basis anyways. I've moved to a different state and so have those friends, so technology is really all we have at this point. For those I have within a reasonable distance, of course I'm going to go see and hang out with them in person. As for the long distance internet never-met-you-in-real-life thing...can't do it. My boyfriend is right here and we live together. *throws a skittle at him* See?

ThirdSight 12-01-2008 05:42 PM

Yeah, that was just sarcasm Shadow. Next time, I'll take it slow, mkay baby?

Of course you have friends whom you go out with frequently, otherwise you'd have a lot more posts/day here.

SHAD0W 12-01-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdSight (Post 636624)
Yeah, that was just sarcasm Shadow. Next time, I'll take it slow, mkay baby?

Sounds good to me gorgeous ;)

Keaton421 12-01-2008 06:01 PM

Yeah, I'm 21 and I feel like an old man. 3/4 of students at my college have their stupid keyboard phones out the second they get out of class. Maybe I'm not cool enough to be obsessed with "social networking", but where I come from, a friend means something.

ThirdSight 12-01-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keaton421 (Post 636643)
Yeah, I'm 21 and I feel like an old man. 3/4 of students at my college have their stupid keyboard phones out the second they get out of class. Maybe I'm not cool enough to be obsessed with "social networking", but where I come from, a friend means something.

I hear that. Nowadays, you're only really a friend to someone if you make their Top 8.

Of course, friendship can be big or small, shallow or deep, but true friendship lasts one hell of a long time. And as far as I know, I only have 1 of those.