JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-19-2008, 08:53 AM

Why do people post in these threads if they arent even close to what the OP is searching for/not going to help in the slightest? You wouldnt message a lesbian on a dating website if you were a guy looking for guys, would you? Don't answer that..

@Oglethorpe1983 maybe you said something that was offensive? Japanese language+culture has so many intricate little bits to it, its very easy for an outsider to offend someone without even knowing it. Maybe you could write your last letter to her here and see if JF's experts can pick up on anything? Remove all personal details etc first..

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Oglethorpe1983 (Offline)
New to JF

12-19-2008, 06:33 PM

@Shadow...

Thanks for your input.... and I am well aware of the delicases of he Japanese language.... as for my last letter...writing here would serve no purpose... as our arrangement was that she woud write me in Japanese (Romanji) and I would then write her in English (that way we could each help the other).... and I have looked over the last message... there is nothing that is even remotely suspect...even from a non-western eye...

I think she just got tired of writing me.... and never thought it necessary to mention that she wouldnt be responding any more. I even sent her a follow up letter a abot wo weeks ago (which was 3 weeks after no response)...so its been over a month....

Though (Saffron has a point) Id like to make it clear Im not looking just for a language tutor.... Id like to make a friend.... but ideally that friend would be a native speaker....so I can accomplish two things at once....

If anyone is interested in becoming friends.... please respond (and as I said in my second message in this thread) if someone hee knows of someone who might be interested.... please contact them or me... to make arrangements..

Thanks yo all that have replied...