JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Chococat (Offline)
New to JF

Location: I'm from New York City, and you're not. Well, unless you are.
Send a message via AIM to Chococat Send a message via MSN to Chococat
I'd love some new friends, but... - 06-22-2009, 12:54 AM

I don't know... it seems like people on these boards only respond to girls and Japanese people. I would love to meet new people who could become friends, but it's like, people only talk to those they can get something from, and I hate that.

About me:

I live in NYC, so if you're from there, and you want to talk to an interesting guy, send me a message.
I've studied Japanese for the past 2 and a half years, but because I don't have any Japanese friends, I can't practice speaking it... I can only study with my textbooks... and anime. :(

But other than anime, I write and draw manga, I play basketball, I work out, and I'm trying to learn to play guitar, but that might be too much. Japanese is already kicking my ass. lol.

Favorite anime: Chrome Shelled Regios, Gundam 00, Haruhi, Neon Genesis Evangelion (I'm downloading, er, "purchasing" it right now.), Chobits (I love Chii...), and like, everything else.

Music: I love Electronica, Prog rock (Tool), Hip-Hop, R&B... lots of stuff.

I don't know... I'm not gonna put my whole life story in here (though I seems like I already have). But if you're looking for a real friend, and not somebody who just wants something from you, hit me up. I'm on AOL/AIM at "thechocokat". or, you can e-mail me at kuroi_tenchi@hotmail.com .

Hope to hear from you guys soon. Later.

言葉にだまられません。 本当の友達だけあなたのため にこうむります。
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Kawatta (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kawatta Send a message via MSN to Kawatta Send a message via Skype™ to Kawatta
06-22-2009, 03:29 PM

Mate! we need to link up, im in the same boat as you, from NYC (Li) learning Japanese and nooo one to speak it with,

So maybe well work on it together along with any other friends we make on here or anywhere else

Pm me whenever
(#3 (permalink))
Old
mizuki9san (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to mizuki9san Send a message via Yahoo to mizuki9san Send a message via Skype™ to mizuki9san
06-22-2009, 03:52 PM

XD...we can speak together..XDD

私はみずきです
XD
(#4 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
06-22-2009, 04:34 PM

gundam 00 is awesome. i am a big fan of the gundam series and i love gunpla. building and collecting the gundam kits is a hobby of mine
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

06-22-2009, 09:51 PM

nani ka atta!

I know what you mean and I speak japanese/Korean/Navajo but not many people around here speak it just a few asians here too eh.
I also play guitar, drums and I like working out (mostly jogging and Karate/Tae Kwon do/ Aikido/Jiujitsu).
Pm me if you want.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

Smile 06-22-2009, 09:56 PM

Hey there!
You play b-ball?Thats good ^^ I play it sometimes at school but I keep jamming my finger ^^"""" and thats not good. Im trying to get into classes thatyll teach me Japanese so I have to wait on that for a bit. YOu like Chobits ^^ !! I love that anime XD Chii is awesome. But so is sumomo !
Anyways pm me k
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Chococat (Offline)
New to JF

Location: I'm from New York City, and you're not. Well, unless you are.
Send a message via AIM to Chococat Send a message via MSN to Chococat
arigatou... :D - 06-23-2009, 01:08 AM

Hey, thanks for replying, everybody. Somebody even IMed me. I <3 Japan Forum.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
mythix (Offline)
v o i d

06-23-2009, 03:14 AM

Dude, I know exactly what you mean, I thought the same thing as I was glancing through most of the ads, I was stunned for a second, lol xD

That's 'mmazing that you've been studying that long, I'm jealous - I have been trying to find classes or studying resources where I'm from, and there is basically nothing, which is a drag. Me and a few of my friends are planning on going to Japan in a few years, and we have been wanting to get some of the language down for, well, obvious reasons. Have you ever been to Japan?

Kudos on creating manga, that's great - what kinds of manga do you generally like to write/draw? Ooh, you gotta love guitar - well, on your plate, it might be a bit much, but once you learn, it's 'mmazing! I am still learning, but I can play a few songs and do my chords quite well, and I am completely in love with it!

Feel free to hit me up here anytime, or through AIM or something - I'll add you, fersure! You seem like a cool kid, and an original one at that :]
(#9 (permalink))
Old
skitty (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to skitty
06-26-2009, 03:03 PM

WHOA DUDE CAN I BE YOU'RE FRIEND ,if you want more info just ask.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
ecwsickboy (Offline)
JF Regular

06-26-2009, 05:12 PM

whats up bro, i'm from NYC originally, but i live in SF now, what part of NYC are you living in? I grew up in the Redhook section of Brooklyn. How do you like it there?

Life of distructive taste
I Choose
to walk amongst the waste
it was your heart...
lost in the dark
call off the chase...