JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Looking for Friends Ads (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/looking-friends-ads/)
-   -   how to speak English?seriously,,, (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/looking-friends-ads/27550-how-speak-english-seriously.html)

siocaramel 09-04-2009 06:27 PM

how to speak English?seriously,,,

Hi im in Australia studying English and going Uni. but my English has not improved much. i'm seriously struggling with how to speak,how to express myself in English. im basically quiet, not talktive like tipical japanese famale,i would rather like to listen to others.One day i realised that other people from different countries were really talktive, why you have so many topics?!:eek: Im wondering,wanna ask anybody:confused: anyway i really really wanna understand what native speakers say.so im looking for kind of my teacher helping me a bit. Of co----urse, i will help you if you want.:vsign: thanks!

Yuusuke 09-04-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siocaramel (Post 768308)
Hi im in Australia studying English and going Uni. but my English has not improved much. i'm seriously struggling with how to speak,how to express myself in English. im basically quiet, not talktive like tipical japanese famale,i would rather like to listen to others.One day i realised that other people from different countries were really talktive, why you have so many topics?!:eek: Im wondering,wanna ask anybody:confused: anyway i really really wanna understand what native speakers say.so im looking for kind of my teacher helping me a bit. Of co----urse, i will help you if you want.:vsign: thanks!

This english seems fine to me....

Stadam 09-04-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Hi im in Australia studying English and going Uni. but my English has not improved much. i'm seriously struggling with how to speak,how to express myself in English. im basically quiet, not talktive like tipical japanese famale,i would rather like to listen to others.One day i realised that other people from different countries were really talktive, why you have so many topics?! Im wondering,wanna ask anybody anyway i really really wanna understand what native speakers say.so im looking for kind of my teacher helping me a bit. Of co----urse, i will help you if you want. thanks!
One way, perhaps the best, would be to ask them to explain or slow down when there is something you don't understand. It's never easy in the beginning, as long as you come off as really wanting to improve, a lot of people are probably willing to help.

However, if you want to be able to keep up and understand the natives you need experience in having conversations with people who speaks english fluently. I'd suggest having video conversations (or at least over mic instead of text) to get used to the speed and "style" theyre using. I would help you if it weren't for the fact that im swedish(I bet I even made several mistakes in just this text), so it's probably better to find someone from USA/GBR. I bet there's someone on this forum who'd help you, especially if you are offering to teach them japanese! Good luck!:)

SceptileMaster 09-06-2009 08:26 PM

I am from the UK and will talk to you over MSN/Windows Live if you wish. I do not have Skype. Add me if you wish to talk and I will answer any of your English questions. My address is:

e_sceptile_master@btinternet.com

siocaramel 09-06-2009 11:15 PM

thanks so much

Let me say , thanks so much for advising me. i really appreciate it! im gonna try harder:) but i know that mastering English is not easy at all. im challenging huge wall, learning other languages is soo tough work,,,(-_-;)

Oni 09-07-2009 12:59 AM

I'm in the US and will help you. I'm quiet much like yourself so I know how you feel. If you would like help just PM me :)

siocaramel 09-09-2009 09:04 AM

thanks Oni san
i really appreciate you.:)

redline 09-15-2009 06:33 AM

Your English seems spot on to me. But, if you should need any help just let me know and ill try to set up someway to keep in contact.:)

shibani 09-20-2009 05:46 PM

I'm going to study japanese at the university starting tomorrow and I could use a friend to help me improve. I speak english fluently as my second language and I am willing to help you, although your english seems fine to me.:vsign:

pm me if ur interested

Oppie 09-20-2009 11:37 PM

Hi, I'm also new to this forum!! :D I speak pretty fluent english, so if you need help with anything feel free to email me or contact me on my msn. Icyichigo@yahoo.com this is also my msn ;P see you real soon