JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Helsing (Offline)
New to JF

Smile Moving to Yokohama July 2011. Please read! <3 - 08-28-2010, 11:08 PM

Hi, I'm Alexander Helsing 20 years old from Sweden. Also new I'm to this forum.. Going to leave my home country next year 2011 July to study in Japan/Yokohama at AILC (Asia International Language Center). It's my first time going to there and planing to stay for 2-3 years. Maybe longer I don't know, I'll take year by year.

Got to say that I'm really nervous as days are just passing by. I'm trying to think/imagine how it's going to be to live there and study. Afraid that I'm goint to be lonely... or something else. So I'm trying to find friends who I can start talk to online. Would be nice too if you live in Yokohama but please feel free to talk to me if you live in Japan. MSN or Skype maybe some other chat programs, any suggestions?

Talk to me please! I can't describe myself because I can't say for sure what other people thinks of me. Maybe I'm shy or something.. I know that I space out a lot, thinking about something else. That happends to me sometimes.

I'm very very nervous, please talk to me!!! Write on this thread too if you feel like it. Would be nice if someone who have done the same thing I'm going to do wants to share your experience with study and live in Japan.

please please don't leave me alone

My Msn is SoulEATER@live.se and my skype name is ahelsing1
and so I have attached two pictures of me on this thread.

(#2 (permalink))
Old
mako (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to mako
08-30-2010, 01:50 AM

Hi I'm Mako. Man, Yokohama is my hometown!! We should go hangout.

Maybe I can help you, show you around, introduce my friends if you want.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
LizzieRobinson (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to LizzieRobinson
08-30-2010, 08:25 AM

!! Dont be scared !

Japan is so friendly

Im going there in 6 months so we could meet up maybe !
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Helsing (Offline)
New to JF

08-30-2010, 09:07 AM

Hello Mako,

Yokohama seems to be best for me I think, I'm still discussing it with some people who have studied/lived in Japan before. I don't know about Tokyo, it's some things I like to see there but I don't want to live in there because it may be to much for me..

It would be very nice of you if can do what you said. I'd like to talk to you Online first. Please add my msn or skype!

Hi Lizzie,

It's my first time moving from home too... and I still don't know how to do things when you live alone.

I've heard many different things about Japan and I'm getting confused about it.

Where to in Japan are you going and what are you going to do?

Please add me on msn or skype too, if you want.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
mako (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to mako
08-30-2010, 12:43 PM

I spent my life alomost 20 years in Yokohama (3 in the United States), my conclusion is Tokyo , no doubt, is the best place to hang out in Japan, but Yokohama is better place to live. Places like Shibuya or Shinjuku where most people from all over the world wanna go are just like 30 minutes away from Yokohama station. I guess that's not so bad.

For sure i'll add you later. But don't forget, my speaking sucks haha.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Helsing (Offline)
New to JF

08-30-2010, 02:12 PM

Well, AILC is very close to that train station. Like less then 10 minutes walk and I thought about that Yokohama is a better place to live. But what if I get a job in Tokyo, it might be hard to get there or something. I don't know

I understand what you say here so wouldn't be a problem. I'm not so very good at English either, I can speak well and make people understand.