JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Looking for Friends Ads (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/looking-friends-ads/)
-   -   Japanese research (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/looking-friends-ads/35085-japanese-research.html)

dogsbody70 12-05-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by File0 (Post 840631)
I don't want to be rude but that's not entirely true...unfortunately...
For example north Italian people love to eat rare sing-birds, almost extincted them in their homeland so they come/go to other counties to hunt (every year they hunt hundreds of these little things down just in my country- illegally of course)... no comment...
And don't forget that hunting for fur or other selfish reasons still count - like your national sport: hunting (endangered) red-foxes...

I have heard about this killing of song birds. no doubt all countries treat many creatures badly until they become extinct.

We have deliberate culls of deer to keep the population down or they would over run the land and there not be enough food for them.

I see that Japan wishes to have other whaling countries to join with them.

Not good news for whales.

MMM 12-05-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofreita (Post 840627)
actually yes, but we don´t say that we hunt animal for science research. And it´s also by IWC prohibited. They can be hunted only for science researches...

Is this supposed to be unbiased research? It sounds like you have already come to your conclusions.

File0 12-05-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogsbody70 (Post 840632)
actually we are not allowed to hunt foxes any more, and they weren't hunted for their pelt-- they can be a real nuisance to farm stock among other things-- just rip the heads from chickens and kill lambs.

Now foxes are becoming too numerous in urban areas. If there were cases of rabies-- foxes would quickly spread the disease.

Sorry I did not know that...

I see, from 2004...

And the second statement seems to be pretty convenient, I think Japanese has their reasons too.

Really, I don't mean to be rude nor to defend whale-hunting but don't you think you're a bit one-sided?

fanofreita 12-05-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 840634)
Is this supposed to be unbiased research? It sounds like you have already come to your conclusions.

of course it´s unbiased...
It´s only enviromental theme... Last year I wrote about oil disaster...
I only want to add here a few responses on this theme on 2 or 4 questions..

dogsbody70 12-05-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by File0 (Post 840637)
Sorry I did not know that...

I see, from 2004...

And the second statement seems to be pretty convenient, I think Japanese has their reasons too.

Really, I don't mean to be rude nor to defend whale-hunting but don't you think you're a bit one-sided?

excuse me in what way?

siokan 12-05-2010 11:02 PM

I think that the Japanese who participates in this topic is few.
(My English is unskilled though I want to give in response to a question.)

MuRaSaKiiNkI 12-05-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siokan (Post 840686)
I think that the Japanese who participates in this topic is few.
(My English is unskilled though I want to give in response to a question.)

I totally agree, the questions are for Japanese citizens, even though I have a few things to say about whaling, I think we should respect the thread poster and let her ask her questions. Whether or not she's being biased is what her professor/teacher will grade on.

Columbine 12-06-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by File0 (Post 840631)
And don't forget that hunting for fur or other selfish reasons still count - like your national sport: hunting (endangered) red-foxes...

HAH! Thanks for that. Best laugh I've had all day.

RealJames 12-06-2010 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofreita (Post 840639)
of course it´s unbiased...
It´s only enviromental theme... Last year I wrote about oil disaster...
I only want to add here a few responses on this theme on 2 or 4 questions..

I think MMM was on the money. It really does seem like you have already made up your mind on which stance is best on the matter.

Cultural perspective is something so many people seem to think they are without, somehow.

Edit: I asked the japanese person next to me about this, this is the reply:
"え? doesn't everyone kill whales?"

File0 12-06-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Columbine (Post 840698)
HAH! Thanks for that. Best laugh I've had all day.

How come? What exactly did you find funny? :confused:

btw I answered dogsbody by pm...