LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-06-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by File0 View Post
How come? What exactly did you find funny?

btw I answered dogsbody by pm...
I appreciate someone's set you straight already, I just found it hilarious as I LIVE within the jurisdiction of one of the oldest and largest hunt-groups in the UK and you were so, SO misinformed about hunting it just made me laugh.

The idea of anyone wearing fox fur is totally ridiculous. Even if fur WAS acceptable around here (and it is certainly not, you'd get abuse if you turned up in fur around here), you'd get laughed out of town for wearing vermin.

As for endangered, they're not even remotely threatened. Again, I've lived in an area where they are openly culled for over 15 years. Even when hunting was allowed (and i have to add, the majority of fox deaths are due to traffic accidents, not the hunt) we still had them regularly mating noisily on my lawn, eating my neighbour's rabbits and knocking the bins over. Still do, in fact.

And I'm pretty sure if you asked people what the 'National Sport' is, you'd hear 'rugby', 'football' or 'cricket' several hundred times before you heard 'hunting'.