JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Cayla (Offline)
JF Old Timer

hi,do you want to live in Japan too? - 01-09-2011, 04:51 PM

Hi,I am Cayla! Does anyone dream of going to Japan?I do!I am from america. When i turn 18, i am packing my dollfie collection and moving to Japan! But, the thing is i do not know how to speak Japanese yet, and i'm a bit scared of going there alone but i guess i will have to go alone.

Last edited by Cayla : 06-14-2011 at 06:27 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-09-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayla View Post
hi,I am Cayla! Does anyone dream of going to Japan?I do!I am from america,and
i am 10 years old. When i turn 18 i am packing my dollfie collection and moving to Japan! But, the thing is i do not know how to speak Japanese yet, and i'm a bit scared of going there alone but i guess i will have to go alone. Although
one of my Asian friends said she would go with me because she wants to go
see Japan too.
Hi Cayla, and welcome to the forum

I'm sure that you'll make a lot of friends here, and hopefully they will be able to teach you a lot about Japan and its culture, and if you want to learn Japanese then this forum is a great place to start. Many people here speak Japanese fluently and will be able to offer you tips and advice if/when you need it.

I would say though that ten-years-old is very young to decide what you want to do in life, and where you want to live. Try not to limit yourself to one course of action, it's far too soon to decide such things! Also you might find it difficult to go to Japan to live at eighteen, because to move to Japan you need a visa, and to get a working visa you generally need a four-year degree at a university, and so it is likely that you will be at least twenty-one/twenty-two, because that is when you'll have finished your degree.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Cayla (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-09-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
Hi Cayla, and welcome to the forum

I'm sure that you'll make a lot of friends here, and hopefully they will be able to teach you a lot about Japan and its culture, and if you want to learn Japanese then this forum is a great place to start. Many people here speak Japanese fluently and will be able to offer you tips and advice if/when you need it.

I would say though that ten-years-old is very young to decide what you want to do in life, and where you want to live. Try not to limit yourself to one course of action, it's far too soon to decide such things! Also you might find it difficult to go to Japan to live at eighteen, because to move to Japan you need a visa, and to get a working visa you generally need a four-year degree at a university, and so it is likely that you will be at least twenty-one/twenty-two, because that is when you'll have finished your degree.
thanks for the advice!!!Robin Mask
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Rinai (Offline)
JF Regular

01-10-2011, 11:00 PM

Hm. To be honest, the thing you *should* do is graduate and go to college to learn as much Japanese as you can by taking classes. Most colleges have study abroad programs where you can live over at that country for an amount of time to mainly study the language and way of life. {As far as the colleges around me you live there with other students from the college from 1-2 years if not then just your semester there. And really your only homework is to be out and about for a number of hours and you've filled your quota for that day.} After that, if you really love it then you should do what you can to make plans to move over there. Reading around, there are a few people who've moved over there. Maybe if you talk to them, you'll understand better in the process in moving to Japan and how to go about living there. Best of luck.

*plooka plooka*

Rin no talk. 私の一番な色は何ですか。「Day--」 黒沼爽子と翔太くん。いつでも/もじもじ-- 30
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Sanchii (Offline)
New to JF

01-11-2011, 12:58 AM

yes! i want to live there too!!!!! i wish they would let me live there, if i liked it there. tokyo looks so cool! but so does the country. but best advice is to finish high school with good grades. it's important to have that if you want to stay there. or if you want to go to college there. if you go by yourself it's okay. just learn to protect yourself. you will be fine.^_^ a lot of people go places alone. as long as you are okay with yourself. or who knows, you might meet someone along the way. also work hard!!! you can get a job at 16 and save some of your check.little by little that adds up.....so you can go to japan.

What's a signature?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

01-11-2011, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayla View Post
hi,I am Cayla! Does anyone dream of going to Japan?I do!I am from america,and
i am 10 years old. When i turn 18 i am packing my dollfie collection and moving to Japan! But, the thing is i do not know how to speak Japanese yet, and i'm a bit scared of going there alone but i guess i will have to go alone. Although
one of my Asian friends said she would go with me because she wants to go
see Japan too.
A few other people said it already. But it's a good idea to get a degree before you go.
OR
Study Japanese before you're 18, and then try to go to a University in Japan.
OR
If you're lucky you can do a student exchange in junior high or high school.

You might miss your family a lot, you seem to have a very caring dad.
My parents didn't really care what I did on the internet when I was young ><

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-11-2011, 06:27 AM

I have been living in Japan for more than three years now, and I still haven't grown tired of it. I sometimes get homesick for good pizza or being being able to drive more than 55 mph, but I have been doing well in Japan, and I feel lucky to be here.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
My0japan0Way (Offline)
New to JF

Mee Toooo - 01-18-2011, 12:31 PM

I want to go to Japan, also I'm 15 and I want to go to Japan next year
But my friends tell me I'm crazy
But I do not care
If anyone knows about Compound Saaudi in Osaka or anything I can I live in Japan without my family and I am 16
Please help me
(#9 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
01-18-2011, 01:30 PM

Simple answer - Yes
Complicated answer - Hai

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)

Last edited by JamboP26 : 01-18-2011 at 03:41 PM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
My0japan0Way (Offline)
New to JF

Red face 01-18-2011, 02:21 PM

thanks
Can you give me information about the Compound