JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
hellin (Offline)
New to JF

hello from greece - 05-05-2011, 12:37 PM

Hello. I'm a Greek teacher of languages and classical music composer. I'd like to communicate with other people to offer my help as well as to practice on the languages I'm interested in.My interests are music (classical-ethno), history,philosophy,literature,arts etc.
I'm very interested in East Asian cultures, and I'd like to learn more on Japanese culture and language.
I'd like also to help people understand better Greek culture!

Thank you

PS: My condolences to all for the tragic events that took place in Japan recently!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-05-2011, 06:07 PM

Cool. I don't think we've got a Greek person here. I might be wrong.

What I don't understand is are Greek people mostly white or mostly tanned/brownish?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
05-05-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokusatsufan View Post
What I don't understand is are Greek people mostly white or mostly tanned/brownish?
They're average Caucasian.

I went to Greece last summer. It blew my mind. Loved everything about it, especially the fact that at restaurants they bring you watermelon for free after your meal. The heat though, is a bit too much. And that's coming from someone who LOVES being in the sun 24/7, but in Greece it just burns your breains out, seriosuly, I was dizzy all the time from the heat.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#4 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-05-2011, 11:14 PM

OK I'll be honest. I had to go to Corfu because of my dad,who my mother is planning to divorce so I didn't really enjoy it. But I'm sure if I had gone to Athens I'd have liked it. My sister seemed to have a good time when she went.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
05-06-2011, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokusatsufan View Post
OK I'll be honest. I had to go to Corfu because of my dad,who my mother is planning to divorce so I didn't really enjoy it. But I'm sure if I had gone to Athens I'd have liked it. My sister seemed to have a good time when she went.
Actually Athens was the city I liked the least from all the ones I went to. Other than the Acropolis which of course is just breathtaking and the amazing museums, there's really nothing special about it. I mean, it's an ok city, but if you take out all the ancient Greek runes there really isn't much left to say for it.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#6 (permalink))
Old
hellin (Offline)
New to JF

hello from athens - 05-07-2011, 02:29 PM

Hello.
Greeks are Caucasians indeed, and we look like Spanish and Italians, the typical south Mideterranean style.
About Athens, since I am Athenian, I'll say that it is a very beautiful city with its bad areas as well. The point is to know where to go , because it is not like most of the european cities, where the centre is nice and the suburbs not so.
In Athens the southern suburbs are very nice next to the sea with a lot of palm trees and nice beach.
The north on the contrary , are on the mountains , with a lot of green and colder climate.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-07-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Actually Athens was the city I liked the least from all the ones I went to. Other than the Acropolis which of course is just breathtaking and the amazing museums, there's really nothing special about it. I mean, it's an ok city, but if you take out all the ancient Greek runes there really isn't much left to say for it.
But then a lot of these places in Europe seem to merge into each other anyway. Spain,of course our brothers in Iceland,France,Germany,Italy,Greece I can tell,the rest...not so much.

My parents went to Portugal and didn't think much of it but of course if there was a Portuguese person here I'd be saying it was great so I can't really say much!

Last edited by tokusatsufan : 05-07-2011 at 04:36 PM.