JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ice4985 (Offline)
New to JF

Arrow I wanna learn Japanese =) - 12-30-2011, 01:26 AM

My name is Kevin im 26 from the U.S. and I've loved to listen to people talking back and forth in Japanese for the last 5 or 6 years. It is incredible!!! I know a little, but i'm nowhere near the level I want to be at. I will do my best to teach you English. I really want to make some Japanese friends too

Facebook: knunnelley
Twitter:MrKevinSama
(#2 (permalink))
Old
XxLucaxX (Offline)
New to JF

01-13-2012, 03:47 AM

Hello!
What have you tried for learning Japanese? I am also an American and a total beginner with Japanese too!

Have you looked into Rosetta Stone? Have you looked up colleges near you that give foreign language classes? I just thought I would ask Because I too want to learn but I want to know the best way to go about it Because I would like to teach English in Japan one day. So I think it would be smart to learn Japanese first!

Though I have to admit I love listening to it as well! I've watched several Taiwanese movies and Chinese movies and one Korean drama...I always return to Japanese. It sounds SOOOO much...better, more comfortable. I don't know if that's because I have heard it for so long that I can almost pick out the words (minus the few I know) or what.
I watch dramas often and I listen to Jpop...I don't think Hikaru Utada is in that category but her too.

Luca