LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
HellsHeaven (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to HellsHeaven
09-17-2015, 12:32 AM

Hi All,

I am Rash currently living in UK (South Asian). I want to learn Japanese Language and know more about culture. If anyone interested to make friendship and tech me Japanese Language plz message me. I can teach you English, Bengali or Hindi language.

Thanks

Rash

Last edited by HellsHeaven : 10-31-2015 at 01:02 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MioAkiyama (Offline)
New to JF

10-16-2015, 10:05 PM

Hiya, Rash. I am not sure which part of the UK you live in, I simply thought that you might be interested in the following:

Bunkasai Club – Every Wednesday ( Japanese and English language cultural and Charity Club ) link below

The London Japanese and English friendship club (London, England) - Meetup

It's full of kind and wonderful people (most Japanese are) who would love to help, I used to attended to brush up on my Japanese, just by talking to people who understand both Japanese and English has helped me greatly.

I am very grateful to my teacher Akemi Solloway Tanaka for teaching me proper Japanese, she manages the club, she also started the Aid for Japan charity, to help Japanese children who were made orphans after the March 11 Tsunami, such a kind hearted person, very understanding, the first thing she said was;

"You are probably aware that in the Japanese language, you address people differently, based on age or rank, for instance, you would address your employer (boss) using the respectful alternate words. 'She said', don't worry about that as it will come naturally, we would not take offence if you used the wrong wording so focus on learning."

It's located in Piccadilly Circus London, it's on the 5th floor of the waterstone building.

It's not that far from Westminster college or Trafalgar square, I would always walk to the Bunkasai club after college had finished, I would also have my lunch at Trafalgar square. I love Zone1 and London.

I hope I was able to help.

Mio

Last edited by MioAkiyama : 10-16-2015 at 10:24 PM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
AlfredMana (Offline)
New to JF

10-25-2015, 11:56 PM

Hello Mio, just a little curious that I might know you in person.

Are you Mio (Ayame) Akiyama? A beautiful British/Japanese girl?
Do you remember me, a British boy who studied at Westminster college?

We parted ways after graduating from college, my scholarship ended and i returned to Japan.

Please let me know if you're her.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
AlfredMana (Offline)
New to JF

10-30-2015, 08:03 AM

Mio, I am still waiting for your reply

You're probably busy helping prepare for Halloween weekend, its rather very British.

I've waited two and a half years, I don't mind waiting a few more dayts/weeks.

Take care.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
HellsHeaven (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to HellsHeaven
10-31-2015, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MioAkiyama View Post
It's not that far from Westminster college or Trafalgar square, I would always walk to the Bunkasai club after college had finished, I would also have my lunch at Trafalgar square. I love Zone1 and London.

I hope I was able to help.

Mio
Hi Mio,

Unfortunately I do not live in London right now, Currently I am living in Edinburgh, but I know the place you have mentioned because I used to live in London for my study for almost over 4 years. But nice to here that people are doing something to help who needs most.

I saw in meetup there are many groups such as Japanese, Koreans but almost all are based in London.

Thanks for your reply. I am sure people who lives in London will get this helpful

Rash..