JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
secuono (Offline)
New to JF

Cool Searching for a Japanese Friend, also help us out when we visit Japan - 12-18-2015, 03:22 AM

We are hoping to go to Japan in 2016 for two weeks.

I want to make a real Japanese friend, as well as someone who could possibly help us out with translation and getting around.

We are still searching for a new farm, but we will be able to offer room and board for our good friend if they ever decide to visit Virginia in America in the future.

I want to visit Kyoto, Tokyo and a couple other cities if possible. I want to visit a Koi farm, hot springs, major cities, more rural and historical towns, also a fan of some manga, so would like to visit a nice manga/anime shop, ect. I want to take many pictures and really soak up the culture and modern life as well.

I have the Rosetta Stone Japanese system and trying to learn the language, but I find it hard. =( But I'm still working at it! =) I recognize many words, but not enough to really get by on my own and would love to make a real friend who lives in Japan, speaks fluently in Japanese and a little English and could help us out. Would also be nice to make good friends and keep in touch before and after our trip, maybe help them out with English or a place to stay if they are ever in the area. I don't just want a friend for the trip, I would feel like I'd have to have a business/paid relationship for that. I rather make a more genuine friend if possible.

We (husband and I) would prefer to visit during a more temperate climate and minimal tourists.

Let me know if you guys would like more info and pictures about us, our farm and such. Happy to share. =)