JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Member Art & Creativity (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/)
-   -   Samurai's artwork (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/10309-samurais-artwork.html)

samurai007 12-06-2007 07:53 AM

Samurai's artwork

I drew quite a bit while I was in Japan... some in a manga style, some in other styles. Here is some of my work:

Ranma was the 1st manga I read, and is still a favorite of mine:

I went with a group of Japanese artists (about 15 of us in all) to a place in the mountains about an hour from my home called Yadorii. It was a bridge across a mountain stream leading to a temple in a nice forested setting. Each of the artists went their own way in the area and spent the day drawing, painting, using whatever medium they liked, and at the end of the day, we had our own little private art show as we looked at what everyone had done. It's one of my fondest memories of Japan, and it was a real honor to be invited to join them that day...

samurai007 12-06-2007 08:02 AM

Here are some other manga-style pieces I did... Naga the Serpent from Slayers:

Magic Knight Rayearth:

and this is from a little-known 1-shot book by Atsuji Yamamoto:

noodle 12-06-2007 10:00 PM

I love the bridge one... Kinda makes me wanna go visit that place. lol

Kanji_The_Wanderer 12-09-2007 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenchu (Post 319000)
I hate the style with all my heart, but the pictures are pretty well drawn, however, I think you need a lota practice before you can make money...

Ignore him Samurai007, he likes to be difficult... -_-

I think they are amazing! You are great at color, and really get to the "depth" of an illustration....

I have to agree with Noodle, the Yadorii bridge one is the best, the detail is really defined.
If you ever went to a convention you would definitely get a lot of money for doing all that fanart, since fanart is what sells the most there.
:vsign:

samurai007 12-09-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer (Post 321957)

I think they are amazing! You are great at color, and really get to the "depth" of an illustration....

I have to agree with Noodle, the Yadorii bridge one is the best, the detail is really defined.
If you ever went to a convention you would definitely get a lot of money for doing all that fanart, since fanart is what sells the most there.
:vsign:

Thanks! I really like the Yadorii picture too... I spent all day on that 1 picture, and it is a fond memory of my time in Japan.

All of those pictures are from 10-12 years ago, here are some of my more recent pictures:

noodle 12-10-2007 07:11 PM

WOW. the more recent ones are great as well.... i love the chinese old man one...

Genkaku 12-10-2007 07:40 PM

Wow i love the Yadorii Bridge! _o_

NickVelvet 12-11-2007 01:28 AM

Definatly some amazing talent. The bridge is amazing. Very detailed.

Orihimegirl123 12-11-2007 01:32 AM

wow these r lik...i am speechless they r that good!!!

NanteNa 12-11-2007 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer (Post 321957)

Oh well. ^^ Now I don't have to comment it.. Thankies~

Anyway; Samu, these drawing rock! *_*
Keep 'em coming. :''3