JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Member Art & Creativity (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/)
-   -   Please help me! (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/10330-please-help-me.html)

NatsuNatsu 12-06-2007 08:43 PM

Please help me!

Okay, I'm entering in a contest for Shojo Beat...Draw your fav Shojo Beat manga character in their wintery "duds"....

Well, I made this pic...but should I use it?! Would you please give me some ideas, too? I'd really appreciate it ><

I REALLY need you guys help ><

I'm entering a contest in Shojo Beat....So, should I enter it with this piece or maybe another? I was thinking maybe I should just color Haha-chan...to make it seem like she's the thing that lights up a winter day...Or not XD Please tell me your thoughts...I need help!

Also, here is another one I am working on for another Shojo Beat Contest...This one involves me in the clothes I wish I could wear all the time. This is a WIP...The upper body...Please tell me if I need to add any features, etc...And yup...that's me XD

Picture2Perfect 12-06-2007 10:48 PM

They are AWESOME :D:D
You can draw good.

Kudos!!
Hope you win

Will.

NatsuNatsu 12-06-2007 10:50 PM

lol Thank you!

I need some crits...got any?

madilscoops 12-06-2007 11:02 PM

omg i love both of them ^_^
but my favorite is the bottom one :P

NatsuNatsu 12-06-2007 11:04 PM

I was actually gonna submit the bottom one to the fav chara in winter duds...but I thought it looked more fashiony >< It was supposed to be Nobara...But I think she kinda looks like me XD

Okies....Do you think the 1st one would make it?

MarkDuff 12-06-2007 11:21 PM

that is damn good I think you win... :D:D:D:D:D

Oni 12-07-2007 12:07 AM

Thats Good! Its better than what I can draw :p

NickVelvet 12-07-2007 01:43 AM

Both look great. At first I liked the 2nd one best, but the more I looked at the first one the more I began to liked it more.

At first I felt the back ground was a bit buzy, but the key focus in this one is her eyes, they do a great job of bringing you in. The only thing I would have liked to seen is have her maybe a step or two up, You dont want her perfectly centered but just so the upper part isnt too "heavy". Her feet are right at the edge, or that could have just been cut off accidentaly when putting it on here. Id like to see a little bit more definition with the part of her coat laying on the steps. Maybe a little thicker trim around the edges. I think it blends too much with the steps with your shading where it drapes. There a bit too horizontal. Think about something when it drapes down, it isnt always perfect lines.

Youve done a really great job on the shading, not too dark giving it a softer feel which fits perfectly.

The second one is great as well. I like how you have lead in with the hand and your eye follows the image all the way out to the scarf. In doing that you've created some nice positve/negative shapes.

Moodaddy 12-07-2007 04:52 AM

i always love your artwork (fan of your mangas too XD) though im not much of a critic i would like to help if i can so here goes.

pic 1) i pretty much agree with the previous statement. the eyes are the big focus and seem to jump out at you (i saw them before i noticed eveything else) and myabe you should put her a bit off center, it makes the pic stand out a bit more ^^

pic 2) i just don't see anyway to improve it, its just awsome as it is ^^

NatsuNatsu 12-07-2007 05:00 PM

Oh wow...Thank you guys!

the only problem is...I can't move her ;-; Since I drew the bg in with her...I'd have to erase the whole thing ><

BUT! I will most def make her dress droop down more on the steps!

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN! I will be posting more contest art to be crited later Z^^