LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
VisualKei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to VisualKei Send a message via Yahoo to VisualKei
Eyeliner [a story by visualkei] - 12-17-2007, 08:13 PM

Jaimie has the prettiest eyes.

This was what I was thinking as I stared into the deep blue-gray pools of light that were Jaimie Allex's eyes. They were rather large and wide, but delicately shaped and slightly slanted. Most noticeably, they were lined with layer upon layer of eyeliner. And I don't usually go for guys like that, but I have to say, I really did think that he looked good.

“Hey, Shuji, are you going to draw or stare at me like I've just grown another head?” Jaimie asked sweetly, and I blushed as I looked back down at my sketchbook. I began to make the first lines, glancing back up at Jaimie's eyes again. Our assignment was to draw the eye of the partner our art teacher assigned.

Lucky me. I got Jaimie.

The drawing wasn't hard once I got the outline in place. I then went to the pupil and iris and began to add the proper shading and highlights. He had the lightest blue eyes I had ever seen, framed by that severe black hair that hung in his face.

I began to draw his long black eyelashes, then, curling up first out of the top and then the bottom. Once I was satisfied with that, as an afterthought, I began to sketch in the heavy eyeliner that surrounded his eyes.

Jaimie glanced at the paper, his eyes widening. “Jeez. I don't wear that much make-up, do I?”

I smiled sheepishly. “Well, you do wear a lot.”

Jaimie shrugged. I swooned.

Once it was done, I handed it to him. “Here you go!” I said cheerfully. “Does it look okay?”

“Good enough,” Jaimie said, shrugging again. “Now I have to draw yours.”

He began to draw, and I took the opportunity to stare at him a little more.

He was thin, that was the first thing that I noticed, besides his amazing eyes, of course. He looked a lot younger than he was, as well. But the make-up helped, I think. Lots of people didn't like him because he was a goth, but I thought that it made him even cuter.

“You're looking at me like you want me. What's up?”

I shook my head. “No. It's not that. I mean... nothing. Never mind. Ignore me.”

He raised an eyebrow. “Okay then.” You could tell that he was creeped out, but he didn't say anything else. He bent his head and began to draw again. He didn't notice that I was swooning over him this time. Or if he did, he didn't tell me off or cuss at me or anything.

When he looked up again, he had a small smile on his pale lips. “Well, it's done. But it doesn't look good.” He handed me a picture of an almond-shaped eye that was shaded to look very dark. I couldn't help but laugh. It looked lovestruck.

“It's very good,” I reassured him.

Jaimie shook his head slowly. “No. Something's missing.”

He examined my face for a few long moments, and then he smiled even wider. “One second.”

He unzipped his backpack, took out his pencil box, and took out an eyeliner stick.

“Jaimie? What are you going to do with that?”

“Hold still, Shuji.”

He leaned forward and began to apply the make-up to my left eye in heavy, even strokes.

“What are you doing?” I asked, trying not to move so that I didn't mess him up.

“I told you, something's missing,” Jaimie said, looking mildly amused. “Besides, you made my eye look like a raccoons, so it's only fair that I get an excuse to do the same to you.”

I pouted. “Jaimie! That's mean!” I whined. He finished, and I raised my hand as if to wipe it off, but he grabbed my wrist, stopping me.

“No. You look good with it on,” Jaimie said with a small smile. “And I'm not just saying that, either.”

I didn't reply. I was too shocked.

Jaimie took my silence as an opportunity to draw the eyeliner into the sketch. “There,” He declared after he finished. “That's much better.”

He handed me the sketch. He was right, it didn't look bad. It looked strange to see that eye that was distinctively mine outlined so heavily, but overall, I really liked it.

Jaimie snickered.

“What is it?” I demanded as I looked up at him.

“I only put eyeliner on the eye I was drawing,” Jaimie explained. “You're asymmetrical.”

“Oh,” I couldn't help but giggle, myself. “I guess I should go wash it off.” I said as I stood up out of my chair.

“Hold on.”

Jaimie's soft command stopped me in my tracks. I sat down again, and he leaned forward, armed once again with the eyeliner, this time headed for my other eye.

“There. All done.” He said at last. He opened his pencil box again, this time pulling out a powder compact. He opened it and handed it to me so that I could look in the mirror.

I looked good, I had to admit, and I wasn't at all the type of person to compliment myself. In fact, it was the first time in a long time that I liked the way my eyes looked. Because of my Japanese heritage, I had spent much of my childhood being teased for my eyes. Kids would pull back the corners of their own eyes in mockery of my race, along with lots of cruel jokes.

I smiled at Jaimie. “Thanks.” I murmured, blushing. “But, Jaimie... what are you doing, carrying around all this make-up with you?”

Jaimie chuckled. “I have a little sister, Cora, two years younger than us. I grabbed her backpack by mistake this morning.”

“You're not telling the truth, are you?” I asked, noticing the smirk on his face.

“No. I just like it, I guess,” Jaimie shrugged.

I had never seen anyone admit that with such ease.

Without hesitating, I hugged him. He tensed.

“Shuji, get off of me.”

That's when I realized that the eyes of the entire class were on us. Everyone laughed, and I pulled away quickly, turning crimson. Jaimie and I sat in silence until the teacher resumed the lesson.

After class, Jaimie slipped me a note before he hurried out the door to his next class.

Shuji, meet me back here by the art room today after school. We can resume the hug where we left off. Oh, and don't wash off the eyeliner. It makes you look cute.

OFFICIAL OWNER OF HIZAKI AND JASMINE YOU

Last edited by VisualKei : 12-17-2007 at 08:15 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
DivineBled (Offline)
Bloody St Elegance

Send a message via Yahoo to DivineBled
12-17-2007, 08:21 PM

the story is really beautiful.

To listen to D'Narco Revolution:

http://www.myspace.com/dnarcorevolution

To join D'Narco Revolution's fan-club:

http://www.myspace.com/heavenlyhellrenegade

Countdown until D'Narco Revolution 2CD Release:2 months

Countdown to tour: 5 months starting in NY.

Currently: Hanging out with the guys. Working on 2 Additional CD's and 4 Pv's. Packing for Tokyo, leaving for Tokyo Nov. 11,2008
(#3 (permalink))
Old
VisualKei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-17-2007, 08:24 PM

Awww. Thanks! I wrote a few more chapters, but I think it's really best as a standalone.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
DivineBled (Offline)
Bloody St Elegance

Send a message via Yahoo to DivineBled
12-17-2007, 08:42 PM

hmm i guess, I write stories as well. But I have posted them elsewhere

To listen to D'Narco Revolution:

http://www.myspace.com/dnarcorevolution

To join D'Narco Revolution's fan-club:

http://www.myspace.com/heavenlyhellrenegade

Countdown until D'Narco Revolution 2CD Release:2 months

Countdown to tour: 5 months starting in NY.

Currently: Hanging out with the guys. Working on 2 Additional CD's and 4 Pv's. Packing for Tokyo, leaving for Tokyo Nov. 11,2008
(#5 (permalink))
Old
VisualKei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-18-2007, 12:41 AM

I'd love to read them

(#6 (permalink))
Old
ZVION86 (Offline)
New to JF