JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-09-2008, 08:42 PM

A poem about how maybe my real emotions only come out on paper. I don't know why...I don't FEEL depressed! I feel happy! but still, I always end up with...well...this.

On the outside, looking in, I smile on those who look down apon me, because they only know me on the ouside as well. They don't know how I think, what I feel, and so they write me off as emotionless, a doll with an ever-fading voice, slowly cascading into the pulls and pushes of the tides of society. I want to cry, but I do not. I want to hate, but somehow I've never learned how, so I simply accept. I want to scream, to yell, to prove that underneath my blank, calculating stare I want nothing more than to be told I am kind. My heart aches for what my head refuses to give; release through words. I am not sad, I am not scarred, so why? why do my words, my writings, always potray a side of me that even I do not know?

(#12 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-12-2008, 04:05 AM

Hmmm...This one won't be much a poem...Think of it as a declaration of my beliefs and opinions on love ^_^

How I love you

Love isn't a walk through the park, a first kiss, a starry sky.
Love is is lying on a baseball field at night, laughing at the dumb questions you ask each other as you slowly slip into a quiet state of mind where those dumb questions circle over and over again.
Love isn't the gleam in her eye, the spark in his smile.
Love is sitting on the edge of a street, throwing rocks at a trashcan, talking about the mysteries of life.
Love isn't the eighty dollar haircut, the thousand dollar suit.
Love is getting drunk together and laughing away your innocence, leaning on each other, just to stop from falling over, sharing in the joined feeling of euphoria and wine and hope.
Love isn't the size of your gift, or the size of his car.
Love is dancing on a public street together, not caring who stares or what will happen.
Love isn't material. Love isn't shallow.
Love is simply what you make of it.

Those really are some of my ideas of romance. I'm not your classic romantic. I'd take a flury of funny insults going back and forth than a walk on the beach any day.