JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Vivaldi0304 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to Vivaldi0304
Baroque music ROCKS!!! - 02-29-2008, 09:38 PM

I love Barorque music and anything associated with that period.
Do any of you like baroque classical music?
My favorite composers are: Antonio Vivaldi, Johann Sebastian Bach, Georg Friderich Handel, Georg Philipp Telemann, Allesandro Scarlatti, Domenico Scarlatti, Antonio Caldara, Giuseppe Torelli, Giuseppe Tartini, and Pietro Antonio Locatelli.

Here are some videos from Youtube by Vivaldi, Bach, and Torelli to get things rolling

YouTube - Bajazet:Qual guerriero in campo armato

YouTube - Giuseppe Torelli - "Concerto per il Santissimo Natale"

and

YouTube - Johann Sebastian Bach - Harpsichord Concerto BWV 1063

Enjoy!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
auran (Offline)
< J Rocker :3

Send a message via ICQ to auran Send a message via AIM to auran Send a message via Yahoo to auran Send a message via Skype™ to auran
02-29-2008, 10:11 PM

i like baroque too;i take orchestra

The Otakus Crew!!
Join the Otakus Forum
(#3 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
02-29-2008, 10:21 PM

Have either of you seen the French movie Farinelli about Carlo Broschi?

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#4 (permalink))
Old
auran (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to auran Send a message via AIM to auran Send a message via Yahoo to auran Send a message via Skype™ to auran
02-29-2008, 10:40 PM

im not sure ill ask my mom (we're french) if she's seen it

The Otakus Crew!!
Join the Otakus Forum
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Osamukundesu (Offline)
New to JF

02-29-2008, 10:50 PM

Barorque music is lovely! I'm especially keen on the Goldberg variations (Bach) beautiful stuff! (Nice videos of Gould playing some pieces on youtube... but too many links to mention, and they are all so comfortable to the ear! ^.^)... I'm interested to know what season you like most of Vivaldi's? Winter has been my all time fav as a whole, but the end of summer is also very powerful! ... YouTube - Rostropovich plays the Prelude from Bach's Cello Suite No. 1 (Prelude from Bach's Cello Suite No. 1) this is also quite a moving piece! Although I'm more of a piano person (even though my knowledge of classical music is limited even in that area) I still can't stay away from Bach's violin 'masterworks'... if you can get a hold of 'em I recommend it! The ones I have are the Brandenburg concertos...
(#6 (permalink))
Old
auran (Offline)

02-29-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamukundesu View Post
Barorque music is lovely! I'm especially keen on the Goldberg variations (Bach) beautiful stuff! (Nice videos of Gould playing some pieces on youtube... but too many links to mention, and they are all so comfortable to the ear! ^.^)... I'm interested to know what season you like most of Vivaldi's? Winter has been my all time fav as a whole, but the end of summer is also very powerful! ... YouTube - Rostropovich plays the Prelude from Bach's Cello Suite No. 1 (Prelude from Bach's Cello Suite No. 1) this is also quite a moving piece! Although I'm more of a piano person (even though my knowledge of classical music is limited even in that area) I still can't stay away from Bach's violin 'masterworks'... if you can get a hold of 'em I recommend it! The ones I have are the Brandenburg concertos...
do you play cello, i play violin,cello,bass,flute,drums,viola,and sax.

The Otakus Crew!!
Join the Otakus Forum
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Osamukundesu (Offline)
New to JF

02-29-2008, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auran View Post
do you play cello, i play violin,cello,bass,flute,drums,viola,and sax.
I'm afraid I don't... unfortunately I wasn't brought up to play an instrument when I was younger, my sister was (she was first born... :P)... but I've learned to play piano a bit for just over year and have self taught myself (I only really listen to classical music, and with piano being my fav instrument, Chopin has always been my hero!) but I don't get much time to play anymore, so I just listen to music on the bus and stuffs or play on weekends...

Ohhh... you are very musically gifted me thinks ... and if I may ask what grades are you with the violin and cello? (by the instruments you play you sound like you play both classical and jazz?) I've not taken any grades as I think I will only be able to pass the practicle playing part, whereas the theory I'm not too sure about as I've never had a formal lesson... but I mean I've learned (although not perfect by any standards) Chopin's Nocturne 20, in C-sharp minor... which has to be one of my all time favoured songs, almost brings a tear to my eye every time... and after seeing 'The Pianist'... it only sounded better )... (sorry for slightly deviating from the main topic)
(#8 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
02-29-2008, 11:29 PM

I play everything and anything.
In any style.
But my first love is guitar.
My dad made me practice on various instruments for hours when I was smaller.
Very picky guy.
In my 10th year of highschool my school assigned me an orchestra to teach after school.
Orchestra/drum guitar class.
Sorry for going off topic to >> But I couldn't help myself since it was brought up.

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Osamukundesu (Offline)
New to JF

02-29-2008, 11:40 PM

oh but you can't say all those hours went to waste... I guess having a picky dad can be a good thing! ^.^ hmm you must be really good then at those instruments if you were asked to teach play them! You got any youtube vids of you playing anything? If not... I would recommend it! and.. *cough* to be on topic, possibly some Baroque music... ^.^
(#10 (permalink))
Old
auran (Offline)

02-29-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamukundesu View Post
I'm afraid I don't... unfortunately I wasn't brought up to play an instrument when I was younger, my sister was (she was first born... :P)... but I've learned to play piano a bit for just over year and have self taught myself (I only really listen to classical music, and with piano being my fav instrument, Chopin has always been my hero!) but I don't get much time to play anymore, so I just listen to music on the bus and stuffs or play on weekends...

Ohhh... you are very musically gifted me thinks ... and if I may ask what grades are you with the violin and cello? (by the instruments you play you sound like you play both classical and jazz?) I've not taken any grades as I think I will only be able to pass the practicle playing part, whereas the theory I'm not too sure about as I've never had a formal lesson... but I mean I've learned (although not perfect by any standards) Chopin's Nocturne 20, in C-sharp minor... which has to be one of my all time favoured songs, almost brings a tear to my eye every time... and after seeing 'The Pianist'... it only sounded better )... (sorry for slightly deviating from the main topic)
umm....my twn sis plays the piano, cello,flute,and viola
im playing in full orchestra i play whatever the conducter wants me to play
my favorite composer is Newbold (i forgot her first name)
my fav celloist is yoyo ma(i really dont know how to spell his name but i met him at an airport in mexico
my favorite peice is beethoven's 5th

The Otakus Crew!!
Join the Otakus Forum