JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MaymeRachael (Offline)
War Sucks, Let's Party!

Send a message via Yahoo to MaymeRachael
03-25-2008, 11:52 PM

I was interested in it, but now I'm interested in writing the scripts for the games! ^_~

Muffin Club Founder & President l Miyavi Stalking Society l Jello Club
Matoi from Phantasmagoria l Sharing Satoshi from Girugamesh w/Miyavifan
MEMBER OF THE FINAL FANTASY CLAN CODENAME:AERIS
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

03-30-2008, 09:23 AM

Yay someone with my interest!

The job I'm going for is somewhere in Game Design. At the moment I'm studying to get into university, and there I will do Computer Game Design.

I've wanted to go into this area of work since I was very young, and alot of people do at that age, however later they grow out of the idea and lose that ambition.

Not me though, I'm still going for it 100%! I have a booklet which game with a magazine called ' Get into Games ' and it tells you the qualifications you nees and the different type of game related jobs there are.

Where I live [Yorkshire] is supposedly the best area in the UK for game design. I know that Team 17 [the creators of Worms] live around here.

I'm more of a concept artist than a programmer, I've never had the time nor the opportunity to learn programming. However I am making myself familiar with 3D programs at the moment ^-^
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Gaberdeen (Offline)
僕の名前わGaryです

03-30-2008, 09:27 AM

When I as 8 or 9 I had dreams and aspirations of working for Sega or Nintendo

I love videogames but if I'm honest - it wouldn't pay enough to make it worthwhile - especially with the cost of re-training and language etc....

悲しいね 

(#14 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

03-30-2008, 10:37 AM

Mine was Sega and Nintendo also, I grew up on Sonic and Zelda and Mario ^-^

The pay doesn't matter too much to me, as long as I have enough to get by I know I'll be satisfied and happy in my job ^-^
(#15 (permalink))
Old
deadthinker (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-31-2008, 11:44 AM

i studied game design in college for a while it was fuuuuuuuun ^^
but i think i like testing out the games my friends make more haha
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Shinji (Offline)
無限はないか。

Send a message via MSN to Shinji
03-31-2008, 12:04 PM

i'm a programmer... i study "Computer Science" at the University of Udine (Italy)...
(#17 (permalink))
Old
m0onKniGht (Offline)
High Fryer!

Send a message via MSN to m0onKniGht
04-01-2008, 10:03 PM

Well theres certainly more ppl interested in games here than i thought :P personally im going for the 3d model design side, im gonna start a graphic design course in september and after that hopefully move on to university . I never considered making games when i was young really XD just playing them so i didnt have any dreams about working for nintendo :P but when i did start thinking about it the one company ive always had a soft spot for is Lionhead, i think Peter Molyneux is a genious and now that i live in the uk my dream is just that little bit closer hehe . Anyone else familiar with any of their games? (fable, black & white, the movies etc)
(#18 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

04-01-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0onKniGht View Post
Well theres certainly more ppl interested in games here than i thought :P personally im going for the 3d model design side, im gonna start a graphic design course in september and after that hopefully move on to university . I never considered making games when i was young really XD just playing them so i didnt have any dreams about working for nintendo :P but when i did start thinking about it the one company ive always had a soft spot for is Lionhead, i think Peter Molyneux is a genious and now that i live in the uk my dream is just that little bit closer hehe . Anyone else familiar with any of their games? (fable, black & white, the movies etc)
Yep, played Fable and Black and White, both very good games. I'm from the UK also, looks like we'll both be going down the same path!
(#19 (permalink))
Old
m0onKniGht (Offline)
High Fryer!

Send a message via MSN to m0onKniGht
04-01-2008, 10:08 PM

Fingers crossed! hehe
(#20 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

04-01-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0onKniGht View Post
Fingers crossed! hehe
Indeed, I heard it's a difficult industry to get into. Luckily my Dad knows some people who are in Game Design, and stuff like graphics, so I have had a couple of graphic design opportunites, I went to work at the BBC for a day and that was cool.

I'm in 6th form at the the moment, and after that I'm doing Game Design at Uni.