Old
ThuMpeR (Offline)
T'aa hwo' aji t'eego :D

Send a message via MSN to ThuMpeR
03-25-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
Very nice Thumper! Very nice indeed.

I never thought of this idea before, and me being an artist myself, it's a bit surprising.

You are the first to start an Art Tutorial on this site. So in making one, let me congratulate you.

You basic art skills is very refined. You can make a sketch look magnificent. This definitely takes a lot of practice to just make your sketches look well put together.

You have a knack for anatomy, and your explanations are very clear and simple.

Very well done! I am looking forward to seeing what other tutorials you put up here.

(One of the best threads to come about in awhile) ^_^
thanks so much!

It was something that I've wanted to do for awhile now. There are some great people on JF with high potential to succeed far and beyond. I felt like contributing something to the community, to maybe help or just to inspire. Like I've always said, all that is needed is time and dedication to improve on one's craft, whether that may be drawing, writing, graphic design, etc..., you shouldn't give up on your passion.

(#12 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

Talking 03-26-2008, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThuMpeR View Post
thanks so much!

It was something that I've wanted to do for awhile now. There are some great people on JF with high potential to succeed far and beyond. I felt like contributing something to the community, to maybe help or just to inspire. Like I've always said, all that is needed is time and dedication to improve on one's craft, whether that may be drawing, writing, graphic design, etc..., you shouldn't give up on your passion.

You don't have to tell me twice! ^_^ I would never give up on my Artistic desires!

I've been drawing for about 15 years now, and over the last 4 I have decided to try and get more professional. If I was told I wasn't able to draw it would be like telling a plumber he couldn't fix a drain, or tell a Mathematician he couldn't teach Algebra. lol Like you said, it doesn't matter the trade, as long the fire is there, you will excel.

If you ever need anything help at all, either with your tutorial ideas, or anything on JF, be sure to contact me. (Though I doubt you'll need anything)

I'll be waiting for updates.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
ThuMpeR (Offline)

03-26-2008, 06:19 AM

I made a post earlier about this. Here is a quick example on how I come up with my general folds and creases. I figured that a dress would make a good example, simple and easy.

The model is standing still, so there shouldn't really be any folds in the fabric, but since the model is a female, I add some lines between her breast to show that... she has breast lol. I also add more lines underneath her chest area, around the stomach area, since she has a obi-like belt there.

The right one shows her in motion, maybe dancing or running. The fabric are gently blown back, showing motion, not like she's standing behind a jetliner.

I do the sketches first, to see if the lines are good, and if more is needed or if some folds don't look right.

I'll probably post some more examples, with different styles next time.

Good luck with your art, people. Thanks for checking out the tutorial.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg foldsandcreases01.jpg (57.5 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by ThuMpeR : 03-26-2008 at 09:28 PM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
SweetEdward (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to SweetEdward Send a message via MSN to SweetEdward Send a message via Yahoo to SweetEdward
06-06-2008, 02:28 AM

amazing :]
(#15 (permalink))
Old
TheUnknown (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-06-2008, 02:33 AM

well done on making such a nice little project! I know it's going to be rather time-consuming getting everything sorted and post it here so a pad on the back :P looking forward in seeing Anime Art Tutorial #2

人生自古誰無死,留取丹心照汗青。-- None since the advent of time have escaped death, may my loyalty forever illuminate the annals of history.

(#16 (permalink))
Old
ThuMpeR (Offline)

07-21-2008, 06:05 PM

Sorry for the late reply, Unknown lol, but thanks .

I know that I haven't contribute any new material in a while, so if anyone has any great tips to show others, then help yourself. Post them. Any pics will be helpful as well. I'll try to hurry on the next one ^-^

(#17 (permalink))
Old
iEpidemic (Offline)
New to JF

09-17-2008, 03:13 AM

that is awesome mad skills u got :O im really horrible at it n i just started drawing becuase i never try drawing becuase i know i suck T__T but if u know how to draw a gothic lolita do u mind showing me
(#18 (permalink))
Old
emmygirl121 (Offline)
Don't waste those words

Send a message via AIM to emmygirl121
09-17-2008, 10:03 PM

thats amazing! this is really helpful! thank you
(#19 (permalink))
Old
ThuMpeR (Offline)

09-17-2008, 10:05 PM

JoshAussie: Thank you. I'm glad that more people are taking notice of my tutorial. It's cool that it is motivating and helpful at the same time.

iEpidemic: Thanks. I'll try to do something gothic lolita style. Right now, I'm drawing up two mangas: one is my Saku manga, and the other is something for the kodansha Manga Contest. I'm not sure if I'm even going to make the deadline, which is 13 days away. I just remembered the contest about 2 days ago. So far, I have 6 pages penciled, out of 25 or 35 pages planned. Even if I miss the date, I'll try to hold onto it till next year or submit it to Tokyopop. Either way, it'll be a great addition to my portfolio.

(#20 (permalink))
Old
iEpidemic (Offline)
New to JF

09-19-2008, 02:34 AM

okay (: ur so awesomee cuase like im like straight up dead like if u seen me draw its stick figures but u serious got some mad skills ;] *runs in circles and dances around* HI-FIVE

Let The Wind Flow Through your hair

Be Happy That you have a long life to live now

Full Fill your need and live your dreams from within (:

Love Everything that you have now and let your talents and skills be free and Think Creative think outside the box :] <33333