JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Who wants to work with me on a music project? - 04-09-2008, 09:22 PM

Crazy idea: After just installing a fairly good, free program that allows you to easily record music, and by the looks of it, make a lot of changes including added effects and removing unwanted noise. Since I don't have my keyboard or new guitar yet, I can't really start my own solo project, but then I got this idea:

Why not work with someone else? Like, someone who has something I don't? And make music together! I think it's a wonderful idea that shouldn't be too hard.

So to give a little info about who I am in terms of music, and what I'm looking for, I made this thread. Here goes.

I play an electric guitar. I'm not a very good chord player (not including power chords). I am fairly proficient in playing melodies and stuff like that. So what I'm looking for is someone with another instrument. Something like a keyboard or piano is preferred, but a different string instrument or wind instrument works fine too (such as flute or ocarina). You also need something to record with. I use my webcam to do it and it works. Not the very best results, but it does the job. You'd most likely also have to download this program (I'll give you more details once shown interest). But, I'm willing to be in charge of the mixing/editing, leaving you with as little technical work as possible.

We can do both original music and also covers (I was thinking about making video game music covers, such as games from Final Fantasy, Zelda, etc.)

If you're interested and are able to participate, contact me through PM, e-mail or post here. I'm only looking for one other person, but you can find someone else to work with here, as well.

You know you want to! "The feeling of music makes life worth living!"
(#2 (permalink))
Old
BakaCrisis (Offline)
(。・_・。)σ

Send a message via AIM to BakaCrisis Send a message via MSN to BakaCrisis Send a message via Skype™ to BakaCrisis
04-09-2008, 09:29 PM

hey man contact me on aim. I have a lot of music programs and sounds you might be interested in. I also photoshop

Teach me Japanese (Skype: davidh053090 )
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-10-2008, 08:26 PM

I don't have AIM. What programs do you use? What instrument do you play? What kind of music are you interested in? How do you feel about video game music covers?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
BakaCrisis (Offline)
(。・_・。)σ

Send a message via AIM to BakaCrisis Send a message via MSN to BakaCrisis Send a message via Skype™ to BakaCrisis
04-10-2008, 08:29 PM

Programs That I use:
CakeWalk Sonar 7 Producer
Adobe Audition
Fruity Loops Studio Producer Edition
Protools M-Powered
Sony SOund Forge
Sony Vegas

I don't play any instruments, But a little piano here and there

The music I am interested is any. I have well over 80GB of music. Or about 60,000 Songs.

Video Game covers would be awesome to create!

Teach me Japanese (Skype: davidh053090 )