JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Member Art & Creativity (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/)
-   -   I hope this is allowed (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/14746-i-hope-allowed.html)

kcyk8703 04-19-2008 04:56 AM

I hope this is allowed

This was the final project for my web design class. Building an online portfolio and buying a hosting service plan. I feel the only way to get my moneys worth is to spread the word since i had to pay for real domain and storage.

If this is frowned upon (advertising) then I wont mind removing this. Click on the link below, have a look around, tell me what you think. It's all I could get done on the alotted time so in a couple of months there will be a huge overhaul to improve all aspects.
(pay attention to the note at the bottom of the website.)

Click Me

kcyk8703 04-20-2008 08:26 AM

no comments?

Alastor 04-20-2008 08:34 AM

I think it looks great. You might want to try smoothing out the flash animations, including slowing them down just minutely. ;)

The main layout with the black & white drawings is beautiful and very fitting - the background image in Contacts is particularly beautiful. I would love having that as my desktop.

Your gallery of sketches is pretty neatly done, I love the design of it, it's a nice twist to normal gallery viewing. And your sketches are really good, too, I mean they're really... I don't know. But they're really good.

You impressed me!!

kcyk8703 04-21-2008 07:21 AM

Thanks alastor. Yea i noticed the animations would only look right on the higher end machines i use which i find odd since the complexity of motion is minimal. Your compliments are appreciated.

I guess im mainly lookin for improvement notes but any comment is good.
Other than that, if thers nothing new, ill just let this thread flow its way to old news.

Josichan86 04-21-2008 11:58 AM

It really looks great!!! The blossoms effect, the sketch-gallery :eek:
Perhaps the sketches-page is a bit crowded.

But it didnt work on the normal internet explorer, but in Firefox everything was fine I think.
Arent there some provider that offer a free webspace? I have uploaded my final project for free. :)

Shiningmonkey 04-21-2008 10:00 PM

I love the layout of your site and your drawings are great.

MissMisa 04-21-2008 10:07 PM

I think it's great, nice layout and everything.

The only thing I would say is, cut the music. It normally annoys people, like if your already listening to music, and it gets mashed up, or if it suddenly blasts out like wtf, if you get me. Make it optional so if you want it on you press play.

kcyk8703 04-22-2008 02:47 AM

Totally understandable about the music Misa, my only rebuttle to that is having optional music makes it redundent to have it in the first place. However yes, it is annoying to have two sounds overlap one another.

Ill throw a sound warning on within the week when I have a little more free time. Maybe control the volume it plays at as well.

Thanks to everyone leaving comments, notes are being taken (where applicable). They will be considered and implemented in the next major update.

MeIsKevin 01-28-2010 01:42 PM

The site looks really good, and I personally don't mind the backround music, I think that it's making the whole site more interesting.

Good luck with it! ^.^