JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Exceed Designs - 04-22-2008, 05:50 PM

Exceed Designs is a small independant team with the purpose of creating innovative, fun and challenging computer games. The idea is to give each team member the opportunity to work within the field of game development in a team.

My name is Ameer Gattami, eighteen years old and currently doing independant studies. I'm working towards creative Game Design. Currently, I'm part of the QA-team at Massive Entertainment, a highly repectable Swedish game company.

I started Exceed Designs on the 18th of April 2008. At this time, I'm working with Game Maker 7 PRO, using GML to create games, but will later also work with the WarCraft III World Editor and UnrealEd. Depending on the project, I'll work with different aspects of the game, but generally, I'll work with:
  • Directing
  • Game Design
  • Level Design
  • Scripting
  • Programming

This thread is intended to let people who are interested in Exceed Designs post here. I'm not looking for any team members at this time, but I will announce positions whenever the need arises.

Last edited by Alastor : 04-28-2008 at 12:05 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

04-22-2008, 06:05 PM

This looks very interesting! I'd love to see samples of anything you produce and the like, and wish you well with your project.

If you every need anyone for amateur character design, or graphics or something, then I'd be willing to help if the position ever arises.

How long do you intend to spend making the project? Are you going to make something like a playable demo?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-22-2008, 06:33 PM

Right now, I'm trying to get a good grasp of GML (the programming language used in Game Maker). I'm also trying to start the design of a game that can be developed using the current technology I have, and the programming skills I possess. Therefore, I feel it would be pointless to take in someone in the team. I have plenty of other game ideas, but they're a bit above my abilities at the moment. I'm also trying to have a game which I feel most people would be interested in developing.

As for your use of the word 'amateur', everything Exceed Designs will be doing is more or less amateur.

Once I've begun with the game, I'll start writing a game design document and make a demo to demonstrate the game concept. It'l be around that time I'll start recruiting.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

04-22-2008, 06:39 PM

That sounds like a really great idea! I'll be waiting to see what you come up with then
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-24-2008, 09:03 PM

NOTE (to the interested): I will edit this post once I have an update, so make sure to keep an eye out for this thread.

The idea has been conceived, and basic programming has begun. So far, we have a basic outline for a story, and gameplay mechanics is currently being worked on. The game will be an Action Strategy game. Think of it as a real-time RPG with strategic elements. The setting is largely a fantasy setting. We will have an update in May - most likely, recruitment will start by then, as well.

This is all for now; keep yourself updated by subscribing to this thread!

- EXD
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

04-24-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
NOTE (to the interested): I will edit this post once I have an update, so make sure to keep an eye out for this thread.

The idea has been conceived, and basic programming has begun. So far, we have a basic outline for a story, and gameplay mechanics is currently being worked on. The game will be an Action Strategy game. Think of it as a real-time RPG with strategic elements. The setting is largely a fantasy setting. We will have an update in May - most likely, recruitment will start by then, as well.

This is all for now; keep yourself updated by subscribing to this thread!

- EXD
Hey ^_^ That sounds like a really good idea, those kind of games are my favourite, especially with the fantasy element.

I subscribed to your thread as you suggested to I'll be looking forward to any updates about the game ^___^