JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Member Art & Creativity (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/)
-   -   Important *need ur help* (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/15251-important-%2Aneed-ur-help%2A.html)

matt19261 05-04-2008 03:37 AM

Important *need ur help*

Meh and my friends are making a manga, but we don't know how we should start it off. Below are the two ways we would like to start it. Pls vote on which one u would be more likely to read:) :rolleyes:

1.A girl searches for her parents while being chased by the king.
Then trains to be a women weapons master, while keeping her friends and her brothers safe

2. Girl searches for the parents that she was separated from 13 yrs. ago. While running from assasins that threaten her life,

deathnotegirl 05-04-2008 03:42 AM

idk they both seem good to me...srry i couldn't help... do both... than see wut one u like best... thats wut i do...

xX2DXx 05-04-2008 04:02 AM

I like the first one better, its different not the same ol same ol ya.

matt19261 05-04-2008 07:46 PM

That's the one we originally started to right but someone else suggested we bring in the other so we decided to vote on it!!! but people aren't voting so......:confused:

Crani 05-04-2008 07:49 PM

Number one is good, but she shouldn't be chased by the King, it should be wired assasins or something like that.

Cyclamen 05-04-2008 08:21 PM

I'm sorry, but both plotlines sound a little "stereotyped" to me.
Try thinking about something more original... poor girl who has to save friends and family/ girl who doesn't know her parents/ evil powers threathing her life... all these points have already been used into thousands of manga, anime, cartoons and novels.

Anyway, good luck with your work!

matt19261 05-04-2008 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclamen (Post 481841)
I'm sorry, but both plotlines sound a little "stereotyped" to me.
Try thinking about something more original... poor girl who has to save friends and family/ girl who doesn't know her parents/ evil powers threathing her life... all these points have already been used into thousands of manga, anime, cartoons and novels.

Anyway, good luck with your work!

Do u have any suggestions???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crani (Post 481825)
Number one is good, but she shouldn't be chased by the King, it should be wired assasins or something like that.

That's what we were kinda thinking! We were gonna have it to where assasins (hired by the king) were gonna chase the girl....or something like that^_^'

kcyk8703 05-04-2008 09:28 PM

Im going to have to agree with Cyclamen.

Further more, if you and your friend are creating the story...
You have to tell the story the way you want it. Not to what the audience votes on.

By initiating the readers to vote on what they would prefer takes a lot away from the element of suprise and makes plot twist predictable. Personally, I would much rather read a story that you want to tell rather than a piece thats been voted on.

matt19261 05-04-2008 09:35 PM

true I nvr looked at it that way!! thnx for the advice