Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
06-14-2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuruko View Post
EveV, again thank you. <3

I guess it should be okay to post my deviantart. It is just shavera.deviantart.com

I am too much of a hermit to be popular! XD

I'm actually an anthropology major, and my field of study is the Geisha culture of Japan, actually. ^^ I do really enjoy art, but it's so very personal for me, I don't think I have the patience to do art as a career, and I'm so selfish about my art, that it just wouldn't be a good idea, methinks.

I am planning to write a book on Geisha after I go to Japan next year to study in Kyoto. ^^

Oh wow everything blends so perfectly in all your art.
My favorite was " With Eyes of Fire"
I don't have an deviant but my boyfriend does.
Tyrien on deviantART
It's mostly photography.
But he has a few drawings there, though he's not near as professional as you.

What an interesting major. It sounds fun.
I'll be looking forward to that book. ^^

xD I just keep chatting up a storm with you all over this forum.

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruko (Offline)
JF Regular

06-14-2008, 12:48 AM

Ookini! EveV

I'm not at all professional, there's so much more for me to learn, but I really do appreciate your words, they're inspiring to me! I'm always happy that people think I am a decent artist, as I try very hard to make good art!

I would say that it will probably be at least three years before I can put out my book, I will be a year before I can leave, and a year of study in Japan. It may just be a photo book, or it may be a novel or a reference piece, it depends how rooted I can get into the Geisha culture.

The Geiko-san, Komomo, just published her book, it's very good, but not much reading material, mainly photos, but none the less, it's a beautiful book. : ) You can probably find it at Barnes and Nobles, it's called, "My Life as A Kyoto Apprentice."
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MusicLuver (Offline)
Bittersweet.

06-14-2008, 02:12 AM

wow, your drawings are amazing.
You are very talented

Suspended clear in the sky are the words that we sing in our dreams

(#14 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-14-2008, 07:54 AM

Your deviantart is amazing Tsuruko!

May I ask which program do you use? I usually use Photoshop but they like they have been done on something like Painter. I'm trying to get the hang of painter myself!
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruko (Offline)
JF Regular

06-15-2008, 12:17 AM

MusicLuver, Ookini! ( thank you )

MissMisa
, thank you, too! I do use painter over photoshop. But generally, I do employ the use of both of Adobe and Painter, they both have their perks. Which version of painter are you using, I might be of a bit of help, at least I hope. I only use two 'paint' tools in Painter, that's really all what you'll need. I find the simplest of methods are the best. I use "Air Brush - Fine Detail Air." It has no gradient and goes on smooth. The other brush is use is "Blenders - Just Use Water." I do all textures by hand, no reliance on any other brushes. ^^

Photoshop I use for fine highlighting and darkening. Adobe's dodge and burn are far better then painters, but painter's blending engine is a thousand time better then Adobe's.

I drew a little oekaki yesterday! I used to do oekaki a lot, but these days, I might do one once a year. . .