JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Member Art & Creativity (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/)
-   -   What is the Suzuki Method? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/17790-what-suzuki-method.html)

Vivaldi0304 07-31-2008 06:43 PM

What is the Suzuki Method?

Can anyone here explain to me what is the Suzuki method? Because I've heard of it, but never really understood it. I mean, its a method of teaching music to children around the age of 4 or so. But I've read comments on YouTube and some compared the performances following this method as 'robotic.'

Deutschland 07-31-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivaldi0304 (Post 552225)
Can anyone here explain to me what is the Suzuki method? Because I've heard of it, but never really understood it. I mean, its a method of teaching music to children around the age of 4 or so. But I've read comments on YouTube and some compared the performances following this method as 'robotic.'

Yup wikipedia knows it all! ^^ Suzuki-Methode – Wikipedia

jml5083 08-06-2008 06:26 PM

Very interesting. And here I thought it was just a catchy song by the Gorillaz >.>

Tsuzuki 08-08-2008 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deutschland (Post 552256)

ouch <<; nice methode x) all for learning xD they have to much time xD

emiluvsjmusic 08-08-2008 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deutschland (Post 552256)

Um.. since that page is in german... ^_^;
I think the suzuki method is a way of learning/playing music without the music in front of you.
Instead you listen to the music beforehand and play it by ear.
I'm not sure if its just for 4 year olds though

rina26 08-08-2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emiluvsjmusic (Post 557615)
Um.. since that page is in german... ^_^;
I think the suzuki method is a way of learning/playing music without the music in front of you.
Instead you listen to the music beforehand and play it by ear.
I'm not sure if its just for 4 year olds though

Just because the page is in German doesn't mean you have to guess. Just search "Suzuki Method" in english.

emiluvsjmusic 08-08-2008 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rina26 (Post 557625)
Just because the page is in German doesn't mean you have to guess. Just search "Suzuki Method" in english.

I didn't guess. thats what I actually think

rina26 08-08-2008 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emiluvsjmusic (Post 557627)
I didn't guess. thats what I actually think

You made it seem like you were guessing by starting your sentence off with "since that page is in german..." Like because it's in german I will never know what it means so I shall have to put a guess in instead of looking it up in english.

emiluvsjmusic 08-08-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rina26 (Post 557628)
You made it seem like you were guessing by starting your sentence off with "since that page is in german..." Like because it's in german I will never know what it means so I shall have to put a guess in instead of looking it up in english.

ok well now you know I didnt guess :)