JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
xsakurahanax (Offline)
New to JF

Small Manga project + Art - 08-10-2008, 06:51 AM

Ok, this is not taking ANY idea off MissMisa. XD I have already have an idea for a script and started the first page by myself.

Thing is, I can only draw girls, that's a huge problem for shoujo right? XD So, I was thinking... =_=;; somebody help! T_T I've already got a good idea of what the plot would be like, and sort of figured out the ending. I can scan the first page, but not now, computer so slow.

Please PM me or post here for more information!
I'm looking for..
-Toner
-Someone who can draw both guys and girls.

Basic rundown of the plot:

A scroll known as the Scroll of Immortality, is hidden deep within the prestigious high school known as Santa Maria in Japan. The legend is that the scroll can grant immortality to those who read it, due to it containing the lost spell, the most powerful spell of all, (i haven't quiet figured out the name for this spell yet). Four girls whom are granted the power of the elements protect this scroll. Everyone in the school expect for them are oblivious to the fact the scroll is hidden within the school. So far, every threat had been eliminated, until they come against an enemy never seen before.

Does it sound ok? I will fix it up, and take suggestions!

On another note, I'll also take art requests. Since I can only draw females for now, you can request anything such as characters and stuff like that. But NO mecha. Ask, and I'll tell you whether I can draw it or not.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
strawberryshinya (Offline)
The Boy Wonder :)

Smile 08-11-2008, 12:19 AM

i dont mind ill help. i know how to draw both.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

08-11-2008, 12:40 AM

I like the premise. As for having difficulty drawing male characters...perhaps just draw female-like characters without curves etc. in the torso region? I admit it's probably amateurish and incorrect advice but it could serve as a starting point.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#4 (permalink))
Old
LaVon (Offline)
New to JF

08-11-2008, 12:57 AM

To draw manga guys or male bishies, is like drawing a girl. except , the female parts. and you make them more tall and langy. faces are harder to do, because if you make a male face too much like a girl, either hes gay, or he just fancies dresses. so what you want to do on eyes is to hold out on doing thim big, make them more slanted and smallish. faces longer. and in most mangas you should notice thicker necks. big hands, and unusually small heads...just kidding about the small head thing!
but yeah, i hope that helps.

Every shooting star eventually finds its wish
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Mika13 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to Mika13
08-11-2008, 01:07 AM

I could help you out here and there. I still have my job, but I could get you a guy or two if you need the help. Just drop me a line if you want.

There comes a time in every anime fangirl's life when you just have to say to yourself...
"I will not lick the computer screen."
(#6 (permalink))
Old
xsakurahanax (Offline)
New to JF

08-13-2008, 07:33 AM

Ohh! <3 All the good ideas!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
tokyo4me (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to tokyo4me
08-13-2008, 08:35 AM

I cant draw, i really wish i could. But the plot sounds really cool! But is it going to be Shoujo? Is there going to be like a love sub-plot? I would really like to see how this turns out!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
xsakurahanax (Offline)
New to JF

08-28-2008, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyo4me View Post
I cant draw, i really wish i could. But the plot sounds really cool! But is it going to be Shoujo? Is there going to be like a love sub-plot? I would really like to see how this turns out!
Ah, yep. :3 Love is a must!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
marisoru (Offline)
New to JF

08-29-2008, 02:15 PM

nise plot, im slaso working on my own mang and is a lot of work if you are doing it on your own

(#10 (permalink))
Old
LLawliet (Offline)
New to JF

08-29-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marisoru View Post
nise plot, im slaso working on my own mang and is a lot of work if you are doing it on your own
I'm working on the writing half of a partnered Manga project. I can't draw very well, but if you need something simple I could help you. I can also do some mild to moderate photo shopping.

To those who Loved this World...and knew friendly Company therin...this Reunion is for You.
-FF 7 Advent Childred Dedication

Answer me, if you can
L

If you cried when L died, paste this in your signature

*~13eyond-13irthday~*
(this is my fav lil thing and I found it on http://www.deviantart.com