Whyyyy!!! it BURNNSSSS!!!! 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
LaVon (Offline)
New to JF

chapter one - 08-11-2008, 08:43 PM

Poor brittany looked so confused "I-I I don't know...it was as if I was being pulled away.." She looked up at Alexs face. "by something invisible ...because when I looked back there was nothing but thin air..". As Alex helped her friend up she was thinking if it was safe to go further,because they fasinated her ...about the cat and her friend and the shuffling footsteps facinated her.Then all of a sudden she could feel big hands on her shoulder pull her down. She looked over and noticed brittany fall with her,both landing with a thud.All alex could smell was garlic breath from the creature that pulled her down,it was all around her.Coughing Alex managed to help herself and brittany up. "we need to run." alex whispered.So they ran against the wind, it felt like little daggers nipping at her skin the wind was so fierce. She looked in the distance to try to find refuge and glimpsed a little house with a light on and there on the front lawn watching them was none other than the cat.This house was way off down the raod, it felt like she was getting closer but her eyes told her that they had a long way to go. Alex could tell brittany was getting tired from the way she was gasping for air. "just alittle way to go." Alex said to her encouragingly.As she ran Alex could feel a big hand grab her from nowhere causing her to trip.She looked up and saw a blurry face but she knew who he was it kept getting darker until she could see no more, it was all back as if surrounded in a pool of black liquid...you think that fall was nothing but it was because she had hit her head hard...her consious lingered back and forth between reality and dream land but a slight drip in her dark pool kept her focus.

Her eyes opened slowly trying to not to cause herslf confusion.The first thing that came to sight was a boy leaning over her,his eyes were worried.She sat up abruptly knocking him over in her hurry. "its you!" she exclaimed.He looked at her longer as if she was a virus. And with that he vanished right in front of her.Alex was paralized with the emptiness she felt..wheres brittany?she must have never notice me fall.. "fifer!" Alex stood up steadily yet fast.It had to be Brittany, it was Brittany because she was the only one who called her fifer.......

It started when they were in 3rd grade in miss jones class. There were three alexes one of them was her. She remembered that first day of that class because it was the day she made a friend for life.Miss jones took roll from her role book that was pink and covered in little scribbles. it was pretty..."alex fifer?" she snapped up every one was laughing at her.this was a new school and it was going to be hard to live this up "here!" the teacher looked sternly at her "finally. i called your name about four times.dont let it happen again." she turned around toward the chalk board. "now class," she wrote her name on the board "this is a warning and dont any of you get the wrong idea." miss jones then walked to her desk and sat down. "now you have five minutes till recces so talk lightly and get to know one another." she then started to read. Alex stood up and looked for someone to talk to, it was as if everyone had their own groups already. the cute boys who like to show off were in one, the girls who thought they were all that, and then there was a mixture of boys and girls who looked like they loved to have fun. she walked up to that group there was about eight kids there they all turned and looked at her. as if they had talked badly about her. It was awkward to just stand there staring at them and it be returned " So what do you want?" a girl in pigtales walked in front of the group. her name was Alexa not alex but alexa. "can I hang with you guys?" alex asked feeling her cheeks turn red.

Alexa turned to her friends and talked with them. They were all nodding their heads but when she turned around all alex could see was mockery. "no" and alexa then pushed alex to the floor causing every one to stare. It was as if everyone was against her, tears filled her eyes and her lip started to quiver. But she never cried " hey alex!" alexa chimed " are you going to cry?"
"Hey!" everyone turned their attention to a girl with porslin blonde hair and an angel face "why dont you leave her alone?!" she walked up to alexa and stepped hard on her toe "your just some loser trying to look cool!" The girl reached her hand toward alex for her to grab and pulled her up on her feat.
Alexa was glaring at alexe's savior. Alex didnt know what just happened but she knew it was good. The two girls walked to the other side of the room when alex noticed she was still holding the girls hand and blushed. "oh thanks for your help..." the girl looked at her curiously "um..I'm alex" the girl looked as if she was thinking hard on what to do next and then as if she came to a conclusion she smiled.
"and im brittany! lets be best friends forever and, can i call you fifer?"

The air around her was full of tension as she ran to where she thought Brittany was but it was hard to see for the sky was covered by black clouds that threatened to rain any minute. but every time she turned around she saw the same house they were chasing in the first place. It was always there never leaving her sight. this was the only way to go she thought as she headed toward the house. maybe the invisible things took her hostage or or maybe they took her inspite of knowing of her wealth. Her legs were aching from all the running she had done that very night. But despite her pain she felt as if she could go on further like she was given energy just by following the house.
It felt like she would never stop for it was never getting closer as if it was under a curse that she couldnt escape. her only answer was to go forward. All of a sudden the wind picked upi again but with more force then she expected hitting hard like daggers that withered away as it hit her. Her whole body was in pain and it seemed like it would never end but then as if a miracle it all stopped as she stopped to breathe there in front of her sat the house as if it got bored playing tag and quite.
She fixed her hair to at least look a little decent. this house was a mansion amoung mansions and if she was going to knock on this door she would at least try to look nice. she put her hand up to her mouth and and smelled her breath it was a decent mint smell.with a bit of achlcohol...ew. It was from that little party her and Brittany had went to earlier that night. she wiped her forhead with the back of her hand. she was ready to knock on the door when she reached for the knocker the door suddenly swung open, there a butler stood elegently in his panguin outfit.
" You are?" the butler asked with little inquirey.
His eyes were cold as he looked her up and down she felt smalll under his harsh gaze. " um..." she paused for she was getting quite nervous under his spector " my name is Alex Fifer um is there a phone?" she had no idea why she asked for a phone but it seemed good at the time.
The butlers eyebrow poped up " Alex fifer?"
"...yes?"
He turned around and slowly walked down the long hallway that she could now visibly see. he turned then and motioned for her to follow.feeling her fear rise and slowly turn into anticipation as she shut the big wooden door behind her. the long hall she stepped into was in gothic decor: red and black curtains, fabric, rugs, wall paper and cusions , everything there looked older than her great great great great grandmother that she unfortunitaly never knew. There was little lighting but enough for her to see the butler infront of her. She watched as she passed doors which varied to many... it was a very long hall.
The butler stopped and she accidenlty ran into him "ooph" she mummled. Alex looked up, the butler was standing as still as a stone statue. she peeked over at his face and his face was blank. "we have been expecting you miss fifer." the butler spoke with a quite voice that still echoed in her ears. he turned his head slightly toward hers. Alex jumped back deligently hoping thisi was not one of her twilight zone nightmares again.
" pinch me if this is real!" she yelled, something behinde her pinched her side. she screamed. closing her eyes she turned around and started to swat at whatever had piched her.

"Now is that any way to treat your host?" His voice was smoothe and silky soothing her heart. Alex slowly opened her eyes and at once she reconized him. He was the boy from earlier that she took for a cat he was taller up close. He was wearing an elegant white outfit that made him look evan more royal, Slowly she felt as if she could faint any second, as if to answer her her knees gave out causing her to fall the red floor was rushing fast to her face then her fall was jerked to a halt. He had caught Alex carefully picking her up in his arms she rested her head on his shoulder. He smelled of an earthly mist that made her gently drift off to sleep.

thats the end of chapter one!

Every shooting star eventually finds its wish

Last edited by LaVon : 08-12-2008 at 12:39 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
LaVon (Offline)
New to JF

08-11-2008, 08:49 PM

hey this is one of my stories, so please read and tell if you like it. it is called Gaurdian.

The sky grew dark with anticipation,as the air smacked wildly about Alexes face.Brittany was behinde her by a small distance."Brittany!" Alex called behinde her back. "Wich way should we go?"She heard brittany take a long breath " Well, I think a short cut would do"Alex stopped and looked at her friend."Well yeah I mean if we dont, we'd get our asses chewed off!"

"fine,fine.." Alex watched her porslin doll face think hard with her dirty blonde hair blowing smoothly in the shadwoed wind.Then without hesitation her finger flew up in the direction behinde Alex.She turned her head in that direction hoping it wasnt what she thought it was.And in fact it was."No we cant go through an alley"she told brittany sternly.Brittany just shrugged "its the only short-cut we got if we want to make it back on time.".Alex knew she was right .Brittany was always right.It wasn't that she listened to those comercials that said 'dont go walking in strange places alone'.It was never that .it was a secret fear she had deep in her heart.But knowing britt she would end up doing it anyways.Fighting the bad feeling Alex had in the pit of her stomach,she headed toward the dark alley with a jogg,with brittany close behinde.

The alley was like a never-ending black labrenth,that held a matadour for Hurculese to kill.It also reminded her of those black-holes someone accidently stepped into in that twilight zone show that showed every night on sifi.Alex slowed to a stop as she heard harsh french voices.once again her gut proved her right.She moved her hand up and down in the air hoping brittany would stop."see what you got us into."Alex whisperd angrily to her best friend.brittany looked down at the ground "well I didnt know."Alex kneeled down "whatever." she whispered to herself.Alex tried hard to concentrate on what the voices were saying.Her and brittany took french class back in america,they both understood the language perfectly.so it was easy for her to translate the muffled words the men spoke. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LOST MY MONEY?!!"his cold voice felt alive with murder.Alex knew because it had sent a warning chill down her back.Her attention was turned toward stepping sounds behind her.She turned to see brittany jumping up and down softly agianst the smooth sand stones under-foot,her hair flowing with her body.Alex breathed out a reasuring sigh .

At that exact moment a fluffy cat crashed out of the trash cans that had him hidden.Alex stopped breathing and brittany stopped jumping,the cats pelt gave off a silver glow that seemed to light up the alley as his balck paws padded the smooth stone quickly as if he was late for a very important date.She now heard a man speak louder and closer."what was that?" their footsteps coming closer and closer.Alex quickly jumped up."Run." with that they sprinted off into the dark alley to find the safty of the moon.coming out of the alley was quicker then coming in.The swift and sharp turns were shorter then expected but there they were finally running under the moon.The street was silent with only a leaf stirring, and shouts coming from the alley coming closer .

The men were right behind them now,Alex looked behind her and counted the men.thirteen in all.man are we in for it.she thought worridly.Alex knew what they had to do.they were almost out of breath and they probably wouldnt make evan another mile."brittany!" she whispered loud enough for her friend to hear.brittany mouthed the word "what?"Alex motioned for her to go in one of these dark houses.The street was father away from their hotel and still getting farther.She looked behind her and noticed that they were not being pursued anymore,and this street was unfumiliar to her.It was too empty,the place gave her the felling of lonliness.

As they slowed down to a speed walk, Alex noticed Brittany's hand was reached out toward her.she grabbed it and thanked her good friend silently.All the houses lights were off,so they could not knock on any of their doors.She made sure that they walked down the middle of the road,to be on the safe side.she looked up and saw that the sky was clear."beautiful"alex said.All the stars filled the sky like when girls had spilled all their glitter on the floor,and they put a light apon it and oh how it would shine...She looked over at brittany,brittany looked over at her .they walked for a while just looking at each other,both showed fear in their eyes.

The moon was big and bright lighting everything a light hazel blue.Alex was stunned at the beauty that the moon gave them.Triing to keep her eyes forward was very hard for her when all she wanted to do was look up.It was a peacfull silence that made it aukward for her to breath,but holding her friends hand gave her the feeling she was not alone.Then like a warning she heard shuffling feet pound heavy against the bpebbled street.Her and Brittany looked over thier shoulder,nothing was there but leaves blowing gracefully along a twineded path.But the noice of shuffling feet kept coming closer but still they saw nothing.the two girls started to walk faster.

Alex kept triing to look forward but the noitce was too distracting,then there was a glimmer that caught her eye.She looked over and saw the fluffy white cat that got them caught in the first place.She tuuged brittany and they both looked at the cat.he was walking as if he never evan noticed that they were there.So they decided to follow the menacing cat.he stopped and looked over at them,for a minute they just stood their.Alex looked over at the beautiful cat also.Something was nagging at the back of her mind...and then she saw it.Instead of the cat that stood infront of her she saw a handsom boy.he had silverish white fluffly hair that blew softly across his striking face. One of his eyes were a piercing silver and the other was a lightning blue and alex also noticed that he was tall.she stood there paralized by his beauty.He stood with grace,like he was of nobility.his skin was pale that glowed softly in the moonlight.she looked at the corner of his lips wich soon curved into a enchanting mocking smile."do you see that britt?"she whispered gently"did you see that dreamy boy?" Brittany looked at her as if she belonged in the nut house."What?...All I see is a cat staring at us."

Then as if struck by reality it was the cat she saw in the boys standing spot."nothing, it must have been my imagination." what was that ...it was as if that cats a ....human?.As the cat finished looking over them he looked behinde Alex and then he nodded gently .And she remembered that the shuffeling stopped.She looked over her shoulder too...nothing.She looked back at the cat,he was gone.Alex let go of her friends hand and walked to the spot where he had stood.She also knelt down and felt the pebbles.They were smooth and cool,but somthing was there.Like a heat that would never die.her thoughts were cut off by her friends touch to the shoulder,then she saw something.like a glimps of the future,brittany was covered in blood that shimmered in the moon light."Alex"brittany said."we need to find a way out of here."Alex looked at her friends face,and back down at the ground."Thats strange."She stood up.brittany right behind her."what was stange ?"she asked.Alex placed her hands infront of her face to examine them."I saw our future...it was scary i saw you and you were..."alex shook her head in denial " nuthing." TO answere alexes worryies she heard brittany shriek.Alex turned her head towards the noise and there was brittany on the ground.Alex rushed over to her fallen friend."what happened?"

Every shooting star eventually finds its wish

Last edited by LaVon : 08-12-2008 at 12:41 AM.