JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

My Manga: Red Oni - 08-15-2008, 08:10 AM

I started to draw my manga red oni and decided to post a couple of pages here before i upload them with my manga later. As you can tell they arent finished yet. theres still more i want to do to them so they come out with a certain feel im looking for. ill upload some pages from my new chapter of LMBWY later and a story i am writing called Shinigami Zero
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RedOni 1.jpg (143.4 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg RedOni 2.jpg (27.7 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg RedOni 3.jpg (119.2 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg RedOni 4.jpg (88.0 KB, 67 views)

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#2 (permalink))
Old
ThuMpeR (Offline)
T'aa hwo' aji t'eego :D

Send a message via MSN to ThuMpeR
08-15-2008, 08:31 AM

It looks great. I really admire the work that you went through on the wings. I'm not sure about the style of the sound fx though. Maybe if you used a different boom instead of the graffiti one, it might look alright. Anyway, you did a terrific job. Keep up the good work. May I ask what it's about?

(#3 (permalink))
Old
strawberryshinya (Offline)
The Boy Wonder :)

Smile 08-15-2008, 11:32 AM

cool u put alot of detail! its awesome!!
yeah tell us what its about XD
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

08-15-2008, 06:20 PM

The Story is about the Dragon King of the East (Seiryuu) and the Tiger god who are bitter enemies. when the Tiger god hears that the dragon king has had a son he becomes jealous. because the tiger god is bound by the laws of gods, he cannot kill an earth bound child without proper reasons to. so he finds a women to give birth to his child, a noble women to the north in hopes that his child will kill the child of his enemy.

decades pass and both sons have become bitter enemies. the first son Yoshimitsu, a half breed god. born from Seiryuu the dragon king of the east and The Great Angel Verdandy. the second child born from the Tiger god of the land and a noble women of the north, who calls himself Red Oni

both men fall in love with the same women and at some point begin fighting over her. in this fight one of them accidentally kills her. both men go after each other and eventually kill each other. Yoshimitsu is struck through the neck so that he cannot speak to his love in the afterlife, Oni is struck through the heart so as to feel the pain that yoshimitsu had felt when his love was killed. in the place that they died a mysterious wall was created. on this wall a prophecy was placed showing a human like person grasping onto two orbs. even the gods dont know who created it.

2000 years past to the present day and a man carrying the Book of the Dead from Egypt, Ressurects Oni back to life in order to use him to conquer the world and kill his enemies. but Oni Kills the man and runs off. with the man dead and the portal left open and no one to close it and anything is free to enter from it. the portal does not just open to Hell, but to the entire Multiverse itself bringing forth monsters and even deadly beasts. when the gods hear of this they send down one of their own to search for the reincarnation of Yoshimitsu and release his power to protect the people and destroy Oni again.

if it sounds confusing on some parts sorry. i wrote the story perfectly last night and was about to post it but it was deleted, so it sounds different from how i was gonna post it.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
sakari09 (Offline)
the Ice queen...

Send a message via Yahoo to sakari09
08-15-2008, 06:33 PM

I understood it alright. I like the storyline. I think you're doing a great job. Keep up the good work. I wish I had the time to make a full manga...*sigh*...so I just settled on writing the story instead. It's on the forum. Love's Pretender if you ever wanna read it.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
chaogai (Offline)
New to JF

08-15-2008, 06:37 PM

lol.......
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Shiningmonkey (Offline)
Inventor of the s'moredog

08-18-2008, 11:24 PM

Wow those are great! Do you use a specific program for the pages or anything?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Bureda (Offline)
Banned

08-18-2008, 11:28 PM

Keep up the good work!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

08-19-2008, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiningmonkey View Post
Wow those are great! Do you use a specific program for the pages or anything?
no its hand drawn and inked. im going to be buying a sketch tablet later so it can be done better

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Wednesday (Offline)
JF Regular

08-19-2008, 07:03 AM

I like it!

"Freaks rule!" (._.)v