JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Falconhood (Offline)
JF Regular

Falconhood's Art - 08-17-2008, 10:20 AM

I drew this section in High School...2 decades ago.

I was a fresh new Christian starting 10grade, so the imagery of the book of the Revelation was begging to get some storylines.

I had this super hero universe, that, instead of dealing with a Crisis on Infinite Earths, they were dealing with the End of Days.

But my art isn't always so serious, here is a comic that includes my Grandpa and his dog. I stayed at their beach house during the summers:
This was also done in High School, since he left earth in 1989.

And then of COURSE we had to draw REAL things (not things in our imaginations) for art class in High School:

I was so excited to learn a foreign language, that i used words from French in my character names. Notice CrossBeau, she is pretty, but a CrossBow is a weapon too.
Also, CENTURIONS the cartoon was so cool at this time, i just HAD to have one of those ARM cannons for my character based on ME: Falconhood. This was probably 10th grade, since i started French this grade, and was using technology based super-powers, instead of genical or etc. Magic was reserved for the bad-guys. They also used bionics...but fused them with their "Magiks"

And here is my attempted at a Gestault of bird robots:

This maybe 9th grade. In 9th grade, my universe was all about Avian League, based on my friends in my art class. We all had super-hero alliaces. I moved to a new school for grades 10-12, so the super-hero base changed drastically. 9th grade's team included: Falconhood (Me), Lady Osprey(Karen), StarKnight(Sean), Calibre Chat(Carol), and Kensui Peacock(Jenny).

I have MANY more pix to share. But i just thought i'd start with the first 5 from the folder in my My Space. Positive feedback is welcome. Constructive critisism is pointless, since this was 20 years ago (ca 1984-1988).

i'm looking for friends who speak Japanese. I am learning Japanese on my own, using books and Pimsleur's Speak and Learn Japanese. But i am only on lesson12, so i'm not very good. I just learned how to ask about time. There are NO Japanese speakers in my area, but a Japanese shop 40 miles south in Cary. If you know of any Japanese events in Raleigh, especially NORTH Raleigh, NC, PLEASE lmk! TIA!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
CarleyGee (Offline)
staring at awkward legs

Send a message via AIM to CarleyGee Send a message via MSN to CarleyGee
08-17-2008, 10:22 AM

Ha I love the comic with the fleas! : D
Your drawings is very good! Do you still draw?

Help my Cause for homeless teens!
http://www.socialvibe.com/CarleyGee

R.I.P Johnny
3-31-09

http://www.formspring.me/CarleyRenee17
Ask me any question
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Falconhood (Offline)
JF Regular

08-17-2008, 10:32 AM

Thank-you! I don't draw AS MUCH. I get so busy with so many other things. I'll eventually get to modern drawings, which are mostly not on my My Space, but are on my Photobucket.
skot424/other and art - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There is not much there, and no explanations or commentary. I've always loved to explain my art, like i did with writing all that stuff. That pink and blue ink above was done on the inside of a spiral bound notebook that was used in class...i doodled all the time. I bet my teachers thought i was taking notes like a mad-man!!haha.
Here is the newest art drawn and scanned:

I think i was inspired, because OUT OF THE BLUE i got an email from Karen(Lady Osprey)...i haven't heard from her since High school!
I wish i wrote dates on stuff as a kid. i guess i never thought it would become important to me, of that it would survive 25 years later.

i'm looking for friends who speak Japanese. I am learning Japanese on my own, using books and Pimsleur's Speak and Learn Japanese. But i am only on lesson12, so i'm not very good. I just learned how to ask about time. There are NO Japanese speakers in my area, but a Japanese shop 40 miles south in Cary. If you know of any Japanese events in Raleigh, especially NORTH Raleigh, NC, PLEASE lmk! TIA!

Last edited by Falconhood : 08-17-2008 at 10:36 AM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
CarleyGee (Offline)
staring at awkward legs

Send a message via AIM to CarleyGee Send a message via MSN to CarleyGee
08-17-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
That pink and blue ink above was done on the inside of a spiral bound notebook that was used in class...i doodled all the time. I bet my teachers thought i was taking notes like a mad-man!!haha.
HAHA. I've done that before, but once they were saying "See how Carley is taking notes while the rest of you are goofing off?" At like 200 mph I started writing down as much I could think of of notes. : D They love to make us share what we have write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
Thank-you! I don't draw AS MUCH. I get so busy with so many other things. I'll eventually get to modern drawings, which are mostly not on my My Space, but are on my Photobucket.
skot424/other and art - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Your drawings have so much detail!
Maybe once I get a scanner I will upload the geisha I drew in Art class last year.
I love her kimono. : D

Help my Cause for homeless teens!
http://www.socialvibe.com/CarleyGee

R.I.P Johnny
3-31-09

http://www.formspring.me/CarleyRenee17
Ask me any question
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-17-2008, 11:04 AM