JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#661 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
Swiftant: Shinkirou's Nightmare - 03-25-2012, 03:48 PM

EDIT: Ok guys, before you read on, check out pages 62 and 63 for my descriptions on the 3 big powered dragons. They should help y'all make things more epic.
@Becki I'll write more about Kamikaze's side when I get the time, sorry! >.< But I assure you I have started a couple of paragraphs or so. =)

Zanden sprawls out on the ground, drenched and still, as life evaporates from him unsparingly, disregarding his former glory. Tatsu leaps seven feet high upon the dragon's head, charging the last of his might into Sora. It doesn't come across as surprising that he wants to mercifully end Zanden's pain now. How foolish, Tatsu, my disappointment in your beliefs is as high as my pride in your skills.

As Tatsu readies to proclaim his final victory, Zanden speaks: "The Dragon Elites are nothing, now." Tatsu stops his sword swinging down midair and we exchange incredulous looks. "We will all die, anyway," Zanden continues stoically. "Whether it's by you or the Dragon Nobles, we won't live. As a reward for giving me such a good fight before my death, I am compelled to repay the favor."

"If a half-dead dragon can turn the Dragon Forces around for us, by all means," I say, hinting to Tatsu to finish him off already.

"Aisha, the aristocratic bureaucracy, the Governor, the dragons and the commoners... They're all insects... entangled in a web spun by this city's nightmare," the dragon breathes the words out coarsely. I am bewildered but Tatsu lowers his eyes sadly.

"I shall start with us... The dragons, want two things: Runestalz, the most valued material in this world and the total annihilation of your group. We plan to kill Aisha if we think she serves no more purpose after giving away your location."

"What?!" Tatsu and I exclaim together.

"Did you know about this?" I question Tatsu.

"Not that much!" He replies. How could we have been so stupid?

"She said she was an outcast of the dragons and worked with the human leaders!" I protest.

"The reason Aisha lied to you was because she didn't want anyone to deduce her motivation for turning on you," Zanden explains. "Once your presence in this sector was confirmed, Aisha surreptitiously pounced on the opportunity to summon Shakura's army of dragons."

"But why would she? Does she hate us? What about Suzette? Doesn't Aisha care at all?" Tatsu voices the queries he had been holding back, probably since he came to know about Aisha's treachery.

"I'm uncertain what humans have done to Aisha, nor do I care. My concern lies only with Dragonkind, but I can tell you this - Aisha hates the inhabitants here. However, Shakura has forbidden any dragon to touch the humans, due to the runestalz negotiation, or until Aisha can investigate the secrets of the mining. So, Aisha then acted as a medium between us and the officials and, by Shakura's orders, announced your felonies against the dragons. In return, Aisha wants to prove the Dragon's authority to silence their blind discrimination against her. Shakura also promised her that Suzette will be exempted from her wrath."

I cannot muster the words to express the conflict of emotions I feel. I know Aisha has been wronged greatly by the villagers but to escalate to this..? What have we been doing all this time?

"Still, as shocking as this is, I understand that the villagers assaulted Aisha under a completely different intent. The illogical issue at hand is the officials, despite knowing the situation, didn't dispel the assaults, and there's the governor himself to consider."

"Well, I should be able to answer that, glad you called me up," an unfamiliar voice croak.

"Governor!- I mean, Yuu!" Tatsu cries out. I grab his hand to steady him, he is still having a hard time locating his centre of gravity.

"And who might you be, young man?" He inquires.

"Friend of Tatsu's" I murmur; I never was good with meeting new people.

"I see... Well, like Zanden-san here said, the officials harbour a vengeful discrimination against Aisha and Dragonkind. Therefore they wanted use the common people as scapegoats if anything happened. Aisha, under Shakura-sama's restrictions, was savaged and brutalized in all manner of atrocities. Raped by the men and stoned by the women, all of whom think she is a demon witch. She was already being judged for her looks and boycotted, living deep into the woods. Then with Miss Suzette's escapade into the outside world from Aegis, our divine shield, Aisha was further shunned and abuse on her has become ordained as a religious ritual."

Zanden has stopped breathing, but to me, it was just another pawn dead in this senseless farce.

"I... personally desired to protect Shinkirou with my ideals and your friends by threatening Shakura-sama with the mining of Runestalz. It worked for a while but my subjects, the bureaucracy under my rule, has instigated mutiny on their own conceited terms. For, if they overthrow me, oppress the commoners further, and force them to labor for more runestalz, the industrial district of Shinkirou can still be possibly kept running, even if Shakura-sama siphons off most of our wealth. To let Her Graciousness Shakura-sama continue her routine, unsuspectingly, and to gain her trust, my officials agreed to Aisha's conditions and called for your capture."

I slump down on my knees. What have I done? Killing those soldiers, blood on my hands, the grimace on my face, am I never to be unhanded from this erroneous fate of fighting the used? I clutch my face in my palms, frightful of myself. What have I been fighting for?

"This conspiracy has turned out bigger than I thought, but," I glare at Tatsu. He has changed even more, since I lost sight of him. A crimson red mantle drapes lightly around Tatsu's silhouette. His hair, I swear, had been a little short of his shoulder. But the most conspicuous change is the color of his eyes. They exhale a bright yellow. Almost like... No it can't be... His blue pupils are strangely uncanny as well; he feels... transcended. His eyes burn back into my own superimposed scarlet ones, with anticipation. "We have bigger things to worry about," he continues.

"Swift, where are the commander and the rest of the town's residents?" Tatsu asks.

"I left them somewhere safe. They're tending to the wounds I gave them, they won't be able to move. Aisha should have foreseen this, so I assume she's well, too."

"Okay, they'd better be far away because I feel a big one coming!"

Thrandos, the Golden General, and his hundred-strong legion eclipse the sun. Three humans stand upright with their arms crossed, on his head. They are too high up to make out in detail. Who were they? Thrandos never permits any human to even touch him, let alone trample on his obnoxious dragon brain. I've fought Thrandos and his army before, but this atmosphere is too heavy, way... too heavy, as if the floor is sucking us in. It is taking more than I expected for me to maintain my stance. I stand up, with extravagant effort, nonetheless. Tatsu has his eyes closed now, focusing on regenerating his strength.

"Hmmm, Aegis is gone, that was rather easy - just swarming in here," a chilly female voice rings through the air, so unnaturally loud that I thought I heard it inside of my head. A white winter hail accompanies her voice, impairing visibility.

Thrandos flaps his large aureate wings and, with an impact that explodes in a radius of which Tatsu and I are ejected out, lands on the body of his late comrade, Zanden.

"NOW, WHAT DID I TELL YOU, THRANDOS?" bawls another powerful sound that shakes the landscape. "YOU NEED TO BE RUTHLESS!! A DEAD ALLY WHO GETS IN YOUR WAY IS AN ENEMY! LIKE THE HUMANS! ONE MORE TIME, CRUSH HIS SKULL!!!"

Thrandos's claws tread tentatively on it and his eyes screw up in powerless frustration. Low, mournful growls elude his control. I realize his disposition for Zanden seem more protective than disdainful, that is why he pushed Tatsu and me away from it.

"Yuu you have been of great assistance to us, but I don't think I can help you now. Please, run as fast as you can and we'll stall them."

"M-my apologies, T-Tats-su-san!" Yuu stammers and starts to limp off as fast as his walking stick will allow. He loses his balance and falls. Yuu wearily attempts to get back on his feet.

Then, as soon as it appears, it ends. Yuu drops dead, apparently struck by lightning.

"Swift?! Wh-"

"No, Tatsu, that wasn't me!" I shout, before Tatsu misunderstands. My eyes, accustomed to regular bolts of lightning usage has identified the source of the needless, sadistic murder - someone - one of them, on Thrandos's head.

"HAHAHAAAaa...!!!" A maniacal laughter of yet, a third abnormal entity, ends in a wheezing rasp. "SORRYYY, but... no one... LIVES ALIIIVE!!

"Kamikaze, connect me with Suzette, now," I send a telepathic message to my counterpart. "Suz..."

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 03-27-2012 at 08:30 AM.
(#662 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

Kami for Kamikaze - 03-27-2012, 02:49 PM

Suzette has passed out from pain. I'm ashamed I couldn't do a thing to alleviate it... The horizon suddenly becomes dimmed and the darkness punctures the sky. Dragons are closing in on us. I need to do all I can to protect Suzette. My love... I can't do a thing for you in real life. Maybe if you died, then I won't have to bear that guilt anymore... NO! I can't let her die. I lay suzette onto Flearin's argent back and secure her with his long mane, and plead him to make a bee line for the largest acacia tree I see, hurdling and barrelling across rocks and lakes and swamps. The dragons are catching up but still not near enough, I can be a decoy and parry the horde; They won't notice her. Protect her, protect her, protect her, protect her; my heart, my lungs, my feet, my arms! Protect her!! I can risk everything! I scoot a distance of five kilometres in five minutes, breaking a thin coat of sweat, not from the run but by the pressure being unable to protect Suzette. My legs work themselves toward the dragons.

"T-the DragonSin?!" A roar of astonishment greets my ears. "Of all the places to meet an ex-DragonGeneral!" The dragon-clad sky shadows my identity. Let them think I'm Swiftant, they have no right to live now. I stop dead in my tracks and do a brief head count: Twenty... Thirty-six dragons - about my capacity. Given my congenital ability, I can win.

"Imbecile! The DragonSin is just now one measly human!" Another of the detestable reptiles chides. Even if he had fought on equal footing with the Elites and Golden General, they had him all but outnumbered! We merely didn't expect to find him here. We, the Bounty Brigade must have been graced with Her Gloriousness Queen Shakura! This is a fortuitous opening with which we must eradicate him!" He sneers in my direction, but I am not there to begin with.

"Lightfoot." My daggerboot has pierced the Bounty dragon's hide. "Outnumbered? I wonder..." I sneer back, my eyes meeting his.

"You..! You're not Swiftant!" His face is engraved with abrupt shock, as are his comrades'. Indeed, my the color of my visual organs have given way to the dull, downcast, suffocating grayness of storm clouds. My whole being vibrates in happy agony, as I taste the blood from his wound. I bury my foothold deeper into his stomach and prance up to his chest on the other leg, slicing the dragon clean open. His innards dangle out from his front, raining blood over the accursed land.

"GET HIM!!!" And the thirty-five dragons charge at me.

I dive into the dead dragon and immerse myself into his tissues. The body is falling really fast: The ground below clenches its particles to shatter my bones, while the dragons above me breathe fire and roast their one of their own, in an attempt to kill me. I instinctively coil my entire body into an acute kink, wringing out my spleen, kidneys, lungs and every other body part in the process. I can feel my fluids flowing out of my pores. Like a blanket, I pull the dragon's insides along and cocoon myself in it. Within seconds, every vein is taut and overinflated by choked cells.

"AaaaaaAAAARRRGHHHHH!!!" I wail, in excruciating pain, every syllable louder than the last. I release the stored tension. The tightened dragon's body ruptures and lashes out: Every chunk of dragon meat, mangled beyond recognition, stretches like elastic bands and rips like paper; veins spurting their hideous contents, leaving no spot unfurnished. The other dragons are knocked back into overhanging cliffs and trees. Most of whom have splinters of bones etched into their eye sockets, blinding them. The pieces of flesh and hide on the ground have created small fissures and craters, and such was my power. Admist chaotic abyss, I am the epicentre.

"Zap Execution." The sky divides itself. My proximity is engulfed by a skyscraping white pillar, bridging the heavens and earth. Its width is its radiation, disintegrating any nearby organisms unfortunate enough to be loitering in its territory.

It's black... I can't move... "Kiminari... Edge." I am not dying... My heart needs to move! Su... Suz! The pain is too much to bear and I cannot respire. Diagnosing my own condition, only my muscles have regenerated, though they're still mush. All of my skin has melted off of me, leaving the sensitive underside to toil prematurely. My heart starts to pulsate, pumping blood into areas not even complete, flattering the ground with the liquid. My organs are now that of a newborn's, it'll take some time for me to recover it seems.Another visit to the devil - all in a day's work.

"Grrrr..." My eyes flip open. There are still dragons alive?

Seven of them, I smell the air. Two in my blind spot, two in front of me, three making a getaway on their claws. None of them are flying. "Urgh..." I grunt, trying to roll over onto my stomach. Each movement punishes my muscles constantly, I feel like I'm encased in a coffin of blades. "I don't care if I'm paralyzed or not, I'm not stopping for a break if you guys aren't dead. My pain means your pain, too, it's quite a good feeling."

"M-m-monster!" One of the dragons howl.

"But my girlfriend calls me Kami (Abbreviation for Kamikaze but also Japanese for God). Am I a monster now?" I tilt myself on my feet.

"No, you're not! Please, forgive me!"

"Sure. I will, but see, the problem is I want to experience more pain."

"W-what are you talking about?" He gasps fearfully and slides backward, but the dragon has already dislocated his bones in the fight and crashes back onto the floor.

"If you're not going to hurt me, I'm coming."

"Please, don't, I beg you!"

"Oh, stop clamoring, my ears are hurting, you know?" I hobble feverishly toward the cringing dragon, still in uncaring ignorance of my pain. On contact with his head, I turn myself around and commit seppuku with Zeus and Raijin; my katars, through my disembowelment, dislodges the dragon from his life. And like that I put an end to the other three disabled dragons as well.

"And just where do you think you're going?" I shout at the next three dragons in line - the ones fleeing... in Suzette's direction.

Using an upright dead dragon as a stepping stone, I ascend its carcass by digging my daggerboot into it, on each step. My legs, by this time, have almost healed fully, as opposed to my torso and upper limbs. I do the first thing that comes to mind. I jump off of the thirty-feet dragon, shooting myself into the fire breath of the desperate live dragons.

"Thanks for the fire arrows!" I have my ammunition loaded and they have all been gratefully ablazed now. "Lightfoot." I reappear in the heart of the furnace.

"Hah! You're ours now!" The dragons are determined to keep me at bay and maintain their fire blasts revolving me. Great, now you've trapped me. But that did not deter me from lifting up my arms and aiming my now full-bodied-firey arrows to the sky. I have no intention of having leftover ammunition.

"Sayorana." I whisper, in respect of their persistence. A new rain, a rain of fire, embraces all beneath it, in its melancholic cascade, imploring the cries to drown in it. Fireworks, aren't they beautiful?

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 03-27-2012 at 03:46 PM.
(#663 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

Final Elapse - 03-27-2012, 02:49 PM

My body is burnt black with third degree burns. "... Flearin..." I groan. The bright, dazzling stallion comes darting from between the severed tree stumps. Its eyes are nonchalant and its gait unhesitating. Tatsu, Tamer of Legendary Pets. I will call him that if I see him again, myself. The mane on Flearin shimmers white in the glow of the advancing flames. But, I notice, the flames steer clear of it. "How's... Su...?"

It neighs and licks my hand gently, although I feel nothing. "I see, she's okay..." I cannot even fathom still having lips, but I want to smile in relief. "Take me... To her."

Flearin draws several paces back and suddenly charges toward me, not holding back on speed. A wild wind starts to stir around me. Flearin, a spirit horse that gallops up to two-hundred miles per hour, does not take its eyes off me; I'm its target.

"H-hey...?" My body is out of commission, I really am unable to move now. My fingers grip hard on my weapons. I close my eyes, concentrating on survival. If Flearin hits me at that rate, I'm not going to get away with just burns.

Nothing happens. I hear trodding sounds on my other side. My eyelids pop open, as Flearin strides impatiently around me. The fire has been put out, by the pure wind of its speed. But I did not feel any gust of wind at all, just a small rushing breeze. I did not even account that Flearin could remove the arrows in my body in the same instant. What an amazing horse.

Seconds later, I am already beside Suzette. She has not regained consciousness. Mingled emotions flood my heart when I stroke her hair and her head. I kiss her, knowing I may never get another chance like this again. Only watching and desiring from within Swiftant's subconscious. I want to take her away, get to know her more, love her, have kids... Be the man Swiftant can't be. "I can give you so much more, Suzette..., the only thing I don't want to give is you up." I adore her face, chest, stomach, and legs. Should I, before I lose the chance...

"Kamikaze, connect me with Suzette, now," comes the all-too-familiar voice.

"You wish."

"Suz was in danger, that's only reason I unleashed your will."

"She's in danger now, of loving you."

"We're all in danger of dying, if you don't shut up."

"Why should I believe you? At such a timely moment?"

"Because, one, I can kill you even if it means killing myself. Two, if you love her, you'll do as I say."

"..."

"Connect me with Suz and you'll also listen in."

I reluctantly place my forehead on Suzette's and imagine Swiftant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Refer to Becki's post~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why did you appear as Guntros?" I demand.

"Don't know."

"Why does Suzette need to kill her birth mother? Her only kin?"

"This is something I don't want anyone else knowing about. That's why I'm only conveying this message to you, one of my inner dimensions."

I pause to let his conviction sink in. Depending on circumstances, I may just let Suzette in on it, after all.

"I fought Shinkirou's top commander after you left with her," Swiftant begins. "Then Zanden, a Dragon Elite arrived."

"Bet you had fun."

"I used Lightfoot to take those who'd survived my judgment to a safe place, in the first half of Tatsu's battle with Zanden. Although... I couldn't save the governor."

"Hmph. If I-"

"You know as well as the rest of us in me, Kamikaze, it wouldn't have changed anything."

"Point is,"
Swiftant carries on. "Shinkirou's commander has revealed to me Aisha's deepest secret... That she stole something of extreme value. She wasn't expelled from the Dragon Empire, she was displaced to Shinkirou, the Vanishing Village. Shakura wanted runestalz but she also didn't want to be caught up in the Final Elapse. Specializing in espionage, Aisha was the perfect candidate.

"I knew something was happening, but this... And what is this Final Elapse?"

"It is a bomb - made from runestalz. In short, it's the deadliest bomb in the world. I'm not sure if Shakura had ordered it to be made when she first claimed Shinkirou or if the humans had had it made themselves before Aisha stole it. No one knows how much damage the bomb is capable of. Probably the whole of Etrirea, probably the planet itself."

"What has that got to do with killing Aisha?! Don't you know Suzette loves her so much? Telling her to kill her mother is telling her to die, Swiftant."

"Don't you get it... That is precisely the reason I want her to do it!!"

"..."

"Listen and think carefully, Kamikaze. Aisha's intentions to use the bomb as insurance against Shakura might have triggered the Final Elapse, which resulted in a biological integration with Aisha's soul. I don't know how, it must be organic on some level. Aisha has been, all this time, curbing the bomb. The Final Elapse's not an explosive, it's not a time bomb, it's not a missile; it's a will. I think that Aisha is suppressing it with her dragon powers, because of Suz. I thought it was weird at first, that she doesn't use it at all, even in her private convenience."

"Then let us kill Aisha ourselves and let Suzette hate us for it. That's the least you could do as her lover."

"She will be on guard, especially since she's betrayed us already, unless it's against Suz. I can't risk Aisha losing control. I don't want to tell Suz about the Final Elapse because she'd rather kill herself than kill her mother when they still love each other. If, however, we provide Suz with an intense motivation, like complete betrayal, maybe the pain can be alleviated. I've never killed a loved one before, but I think this is best..."

I am still ruminating on Swiftant's words, when Suzette opens her eyes. "We have to get going. There's no time to explain but my mother is a traitor." She jumps up and shoulders me in the chest, knocking me off balance. She has incredible potential, those dragons didn't see me coming, but I couldn't dodge that properly, even though I'm almost recovered. "This is war now," Suzette announces valiantly, determinedly posing a brave front. War, indeed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Swiftant:
I grit my teeth and feel my pocket. The red button, capped with a metal lid with an elven insignia, tumbles around. Kazuhide... "Tatsu, have you ever heard of an elven user named Kazuhide?"

Last edited by CoolNard : 03-27-2012 at 03:55 PM.
(#664 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

Tatsu: A Rock and a Hard place - 03-27-2012, 10:43 PM

The sun was blotted out by the incoming dragon forces. There were many, and their numbers cast a shadow down on the grove. The golden dragon positioned in the center I had never seen before. Just how many did the damned dragons have in the higher-ups?! The expression on Swift’s face illustrated that he had some sort of relation with this one, though he kept silent. The three humans that stood with the utmost confidence on the golden dragon’s head all had a similar aura. It felt to be on a wavelength of the dragon elites, but somewhat more than that. Whatever it was, I could feel vast energies exuding off of their being, even though they kept still.

Yuu was dead, looking to the left I saw his fragile form, lifeless on the ground. Smoke rose from his body, the lightning strike dropped him in an instant.

“Tatsu…” Swiftant spoke hardly louder than a whisper. “One of them, on his head…used the lightning without even changing stance.” Swift rustles with his hand in his pocket as if he is looking for something.

Now’s not the time to be distracted, Swift. I think to myself unless you have a dragon-smashing hammer crammed in that pocket.

“Tatsu.” Swift continues; “Have you heard of an Elven-user named Kazuhide?”

What’s this all of a sudden? “No.” I speak up. “I don’t believe I do.”

The golden dragon looks over at us; his gaze rises from his dead kin. He hisses, “Are the two of you exchanging wills?” The foot-dragons in the air give a hearty laugh.
“You do know that you are completely surrounded, and this is the end of the line for you? I can’t imagine that you’d be trying to contrive some exit for yourselves? Let it be known that I am Thrandos! Gold General of the entire Dragon army, my will is rivaled only by her most super Silverness Shakura!”
The three on Thrandos’ head let out a chuckle.
“DON”T FORGEETT ABOUT USSSS.” The human standing on the right side of Thrandos’ decorative headgear, his lips curl inward to a manical smile, his long stringy hair half covering his eyes dangles into his mouth. He has a fitted orange vest around his torso, laden with buckles and straps, the sleeves hang low, completely concealing his hands.

“OURR POWERSS MORE THAN RIVALLL YOURSSS. HAHA!”

With my thumb and forefinger I massage my temple in annoyance. Man this guy is really off his rocker.

Thrandos grumbles “Just don’t float there! Attack now!” Thrandos spreads his wings skyward, with raised tail he signals for the militia in the sky to rain down on us.

“Now! Swift!” I hunch forward, Swift runs from behind me, jumps up off my shoulders; “Lightfoot” he calls out and thrusts himself into the air, wielding his katars with outstretched arms straight at the first dragon flying at us.

With flexed hands I bring two energies together, green and brown; “Come forth! I call to you; Mithur!”

The fallen branches from around my feet split apart, pulling open the earth. A golem comes out of a glow in the ground. The metal golem, Mithur has given us a moment of her time.

“Mithur, I know how much you hate to be bothered from your sleep, but as you can see we have a dilemma…” I point up into the air at all the dragons. “I need you to take on as many as you can.”

Mithur’s white eyes glow, she nods breaking off of one of the metal protrusions coming from her chin, and turns her attention to the wave of wings and claws.

Swift is jumping from one dragon to another; they are packed so closely together, he is able to land quick, numerous lashes to several opponents.

None of the dragons in the sky possessed any control over a particular element, their talents were largely non-elemental. The natural essence of water and earth in me should be enough to deal with them. I shouldn’t need to resort to any particularly advanced techniques.

I unsheathe Sora and turn to a group making a beeline at me; the ten-strong team wields gigantic halberds, the tips of the blades were curved into a super fine point. Three halberds swing down on me, with a backflip, the first one whizzes by and shatters rock, the second meets Sora, I use the force of the halberd as leverage and push myself off, twirling twice I land near the third, using the brown glow from my hand, I clap the dirt, a rock shaft shoots up from the ground, and crashes into the dragon’s chin, he drops his halberd as he roars out in pain. The halberd, not designed for human use, is larger than myself and mighty heavy, but if I concentrate energy into my left arm I can wield it for a moment. Pushing forward I send the halberd at the 4th dragon, who closed in with gauntlets encased in silver, the projectile pierces his belly and finds a warm place, howling out the dragon gushes blood. The 5th and 6th try and flank me, joined by the first two, clasping my hands together a torrent of waves washes up, and blows one away, using this surprise, I climb one of the dragons and bury Sora in his neck, through a crunch and a snap, the dragon keels over, most definitely dead, another yells out for his comrade, but Sora intervenes and finds pleasure in quieting them down. Fifteen so far, lay still, surrounded in a sea of blood.

Mithur had smashed several, I turned my attention over to a group near Thrandos, gazing over, I could see that Thrandos’ complete attention was on Swift who was still airborne. I could see Thrandos was amassing something, and then in a burst, a golden breath of fire spat forth from Thrandos’ throat, heading for Swift, Swift was completely surrounded and his attention was not on Thrandos, the golden stream covered yards in the second it was unleashed; I close my eyes, utilizing sensory-teleportation I am standing on one of the dragons several meters behind Swift. Now I was in the direct path of Thrandos’ attack, pressing my palms together, my hands are enveloped in a deep blue hue; “Spiraling Watersphere!” When I yell out, Swift spins about when he realizes how I suddenly I got close to him.

The watersphere spins about, multiplying, but Thrandos laughs when he sees my attack headed for his, just before out attacks are about to collide, the golden flame, turns into a solid sickle of gold, the water is pushed out of the way, with haste I turn to move Swift out of the way, but he is by my side, I use sensory-teleportation on us both, and bring us to Mithur’s side.

The golden sickle hurdled at where we were just a moment ago, and pierces through three dragons.

Confused, Thrandos scans the field to find us off to the side. “Hmm..Seems we have an illusionist in our midst… Did you see that Swiftant? A new technique that I have been working on, it is still a work in progress, but it sufficient enough at it’s current state. I can turn my breath into a solid piece of gold…” Thrandos beams with satisfaction.

“We were both taken by surprise, we move as one now.” I glance up at Swift from my crouched position.