JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
HiroKazu (Offline)
JF Regular

Exclamation I need Tips~ How TO Draw - 01-15-2009, 04:12 AM

Hiiiiiiii! Konnichiwa! xD

Well as you can see I need A LOT Of help drawing because All that I know is DRAW Faces LOL! . . . People keep asking me, DUDE why you draw a lot of faces<>? Because I can't draw the body I'm bad at it so, if you have a tip that would help me all are welcome.

Mistakes: Sides of the faces Like Sometimes I can't fix the eye when is looking to the left

1-Sometimes I start with the faces then eyes (better way to me)
2-sometimes I start with the eyes (The worse)
3- Body, I can't draw hands and foot I read a lot of guides but It didn't help
4- Puting color I do not like to put colors I know that I have to learn techniques
5-Im good drawing when I see a picture I draw it cool but drawing from my mind LOL! I need some imagination I know.

Well Really I have to watch some Anime because I have like More than 3 months that I don't watch anime >_> busy HOMEWORKS (I HATE THEM BUT THAT IS THE LIFE)

Here my Noob draw
http://www.japanforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8747&stc=1&d=1231992606

http://www.japanforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8748&stc=1&d=1231992622

http://www.japanforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8749&stc=1&d=1231992626

To draw this I had to see it in google.

http://www.japanforum.com/forum/atta...1&d=1231993004

WTH I wrote a lot so, If you know some tips just come over with them.

Arigato, HiroKazu.

I forgot . . . Have a great day the day that I didn't have Bye LOL!!!!!!!!

Secret Garden

Last edited by HiroKazu : 01-15-2009 at 04:18 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-15-2009, 04:24 AM

Your drawings aren't bad. To make things better, do the skeleton first, the thing where you draw lines and circles first befored adding details. It always work.

Manga Tutorials - How to Draw Anime & Manga Style
Go to that site for lessons on how to draw bodies.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

01-15-2009, 05:58 AM

when you draw the head start with the chin first then work your way up. draw a V shape for the chin , even it out then draw the skull. after that turn the page around and look at it through the light and correct the shape of the head cuz odds are it might be tiltiing,even more so if your Left handed like me, also dont make the lines too dark cuz your going to erase them later. draw a cross on the head to measure where your going to put the eyes and mouth, but use a ruler because its much more accurate. for eyes, the eyes i draw , i draw with my own style, but i shape them a little like real eyes, that being oval instead of round or square. just play around with it.

for side views draw what i can only explain as Dummy shaped head . idk if you seen crash dummies but their head shape is like the first picture i put up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DRAWING LESSON 1.jpg (8.0 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg DRAWING LESSON 2.jpg (34.5 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg DRAWING LESSON 3.jpg (27.9 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg DRAWING LESSON 5.jpg (43.1 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg DRAWING LESSON 6.jpg (62.3 KB, 61 views)

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#4 (permalink))
Old
HiroKazu (Offline)
JF Regular

01-15-2009, 09:08 PM

^_^ Thanks

Secret Garden
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

01-15-2009, 09:16 PM

This is a very comprehensive guide on drawing the human body; it's helped me alot, as have alot of her other tutorials (take a look at the gallery)

if you're on DA be sure to fave her stuff

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Kandierain15 (Offline)
Mizu No Megami♥

01-18-2009, 07:12 AM

on hands, do not ever look to your own hand as an example. Look at different mangas for reference.

8/21/09
(#7 (permalink))
Old
JesseYuki (Offline)
New to JF

01-18-2009, 10:09 AM

Seriously, there is only one way to learn and that's practice.
And don't stop working on an image until you think it's perfect, a lot of people give up thinking 'that'll do', keep going! This took me about 16 hours to SKETCH - not even to ink and colour! Pulse cover by ~Jesse-Yuki on deviantART Lol! Now I can do something similar in maybe 5 hours. Practice! ^_^

But for technical drawing, I only have one tip and it's the only one you need IMO. When you're trying to draw something, look at it! Trying to draw a face? Look at a real (or photograph of a) face. Shoes? Look at shoes. etc. etc. Doing this will help you no end and it will sharpen your observational skills by drawing what is actually there and not what you *think* *should* be there.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
ccppfan (Offline)
JF Regular

01-20-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseYuki View Post
Seriously, there is only one way to learn and that's practice.
And don't stop working on an image until you think it's perfect, a lot of people give up thinking 'that'll do', keep going! This took me about 16 hours to SKETCH - not even to ink and colour! Pulse cover by ~Jesse-Yuki on deviantART Lol! Now I can do something similar in maybe 5 hours. Practice! ^_^

But for technical drawing, I only have one tip and it's the only one you need IMO. When you're trying to draw something, look at it! Trying to draw a face? Look at a real (or photograph of a) face. Shoes? Look at shoes. etc. etc. Doing this will help you no end and it will sharpen your observational skills by drawing what is actually there and not what you *think* *should* be there.
Ummm... one peice of advice -- don't call her Yuri. EVER. Yuri is the main character in Tales of Vesperia... and people will talk about it for WEEKS (months maybe). AT LEAST.

Maybe Kayla?

OMG, is that Conan with a Pikachu on the street?!?!?! *rushes to see*

Oops.

It's a boy with glasses with his pet hamster.

~Member of the Anime Romance Clan~
*~Leader of the Falconess Clan~*
(#9 (permalink))
Old
sakari09 (Offline)
the Ice queen...

Send a message via Yahoo to sakari09
01-20-2009, 06:50 PM

I always start with the face/head of a character, but like any "How to Draw Manga" books, I draw it out as a stick figure if I don't know exactly how I want the chari placed on the page. I do agree that those books can be a little confusing and may not help very much. I say that the best practice is through looking at real things (as others have said already) and go from there. I do use my own hands occasionally, but it's not something that I rely on. Just work on using the things around you. That's my advice. ^,^ Good luck! If you wanna look at some of my work, check out my DA page here

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Kojiro (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Kojiro
01-20-2009, 07:29 PM

Just draw a lot.... you will get better in time and don't be afraid to draw things that you find hard to make for it's the only way to get better at drawing it.

I got's stuffs toos if ya wanna look

Kojiro-Highwind on deviantART

and my commission account Pensuke-kun on deviantART