JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
StangGuy (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-06-2009, 07:15 AM

I haven't done anything with blender in years, version 2.25 or so but the interface looks about the same as I remember. If she got the model complete, she wouldn't have had to play with any of the render settings as they can be built into the model. There are complete sets from South Park that have everything ready to make your own 3D version that I have seen and it is possible this model is similar. If it is set up it is as simple as selecting the ouput format and pushing the render button. However, the fact that she posed the model which isn't an easy task indicates she has some basic skills in the program.

Also, the rendering settings like in any program are difficult. However, there is a very large user base that has done a large number of types of models. You can easily get render settings if you find the right tutorial. There is also a scripting provision for inputting scripts and plugins that could simplify rendering setttings if someone has allready written them. However,the hardest thing to do in blender is create shapes and get them how you want. It's geometry creation interface is just plain difficult to use.

I will try to dig up some of my stuff and post it.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Gerlandox (Offline)
Chaotic Energy

Send a message via MSN to Gerlandox
06-06-2009, 09:01 AM

hhehe they are some 3d pros after all here
Hey like the toon shader very well
Say mate did you model it by yourself?
good work i like that

I AM NOT WHAT YOU THINK I AM, I AM NOT WHAT I THINK I AM, I AM WHAT I THINK YOU THINK I AM...
(#13 (permalink))
Old
everybest (Offline)
JF Regular

06-06-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangGuy View Post
I haven't done anything with blender in years, version 2.25 or so but the interface looks about the same as I remember. If she got the model complete, she wouldn't have had to play with any of the render settings as they can be built into the model. There are complete sets from South Park that have everything ready to make your own 3D version that I have seen and it is possible this model is similar. If it is set up it is as simple as selecting the ouput format and pushing the render button. However, the fact that she posed the model which isn't an easy task indicates she has some basic skills in the program.

Also, the rendering settings like in any program are difficult. However, there is a very large user base that has done a large number of types of models. You can easily get render settings if you find the right tutorial. There is also a scripting provision for inputting scripts and plugins that could simplify rendering setttings if someone has allready written them. However,the hardest thing to do in blender is create shapes and get them how you want. It's geometry creation interface is just plain difficult to use.

I will try to dig up some of my stuff and post it.
So, if I'm mostly interested in the cartoon shaders, I can model in my program of choice, output as obj or stl or something similar and import that into blender to render?
(#14 (permalink))
Old
RKitagawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to RKitagawa
06-06-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everybest View Post
So, if I'm mostly interested in the cartoon shaders, I can model in my program of choice, output as obj or stl or something similar and import that into blender to render?
what program do you use? most programs have ways to make a toon shader. I'd be surprised if yours doesn't.
I think it would be unnecessary to get blender for the sole purpose of toon shading your models. But, you are right, it would work that way if you did.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
packetpirate (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to packetpirate Send a message via MSN to packetpirate Send a message via Skype™ to packetpirate
06-06-2009, 08:29 PM

If anyone wants to see the other weapons I did, they're all on my deviantFart.

ytangon on deviantART

俺はサゲだ!
これが読みません。
(#16 (permalink))
Old
StangGuy (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-06-2009, 08:47 PM

Here is an animation I did 8 years ago in Blender. It took a while to get the IC curves correct when I did it. Car Animation I can't seem to get the video to embed.

Last edited by StangGuy : 06-06-2009 at 08:55 PM.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Kimitarusan (Offline)
JF Regular

06-06-2009, 08:55 PM

ok... you see, this is actually a model i downloaded, (i just posed it) and i made one new pic with it, the best so far:
zomgmiku5(forum).JPG
but heres a very heavily modified version ofthat model (and this one is not in blender, this one is in Carrara 7):
cuthair.jpg
(and a new, NEW haircut)
hairfinal1.jpg
ps. packetpirate, this is just for you ^^
i really want to make her play guitar. would that not be awsome? i can do it in Carrara easy. but all i want is for you (mr. pirate) is to convert this model:
(... well its not gonna let me post a link. is there a diffrent way i can get it to you?) from .max to:
.obj
.iwo , or
.3ds

Kawaii Askii Kittii strikes again!
/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ..

Last edited by Kimitarusan : 06-06-2009 at 09:14 PM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
packetpirate (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to packetpirate Send a message via MSN to packetpirate Send a message via Skype™ to packetpirate
06-06-2009, 10:09 PM

I guess I could.

俺はサゲだ!
これが読みません。
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Kimitarusan (Offline)
JF Regular

06-06-2009, 10:13 PM

thx yu so much ^^ =3 ^^ =D :-D =D :-D =D
i figure if u give me your email or something i can send it too you that way =P unless you have a better idea =3
ps. your swords look really nice, it would be fun to try to do some sword staces with miku =P

Kawaii Askii Kittii strikes again!
/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ..

Last edited by Kimitarusan : 06-06-2009 at 10:15 PM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
everybest (Offline)
JF Regular

06-07-2009, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKitagawa View Post
what program do you use? most programs have ways to make a toon shader. I'd be surprised if yours doesn't.
I think it would be unnecessary to get blender for the sole purpose of toon shading your models. But, you are right, it would work that way if you did.
AliasStudio. I'm sure it's possible, but if its pretty easy to do in blender, that would save me a lot of time just to mess around.