JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Member Art & Creativity (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/)
-   -   3D modeling (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/25694-3d-modeling.html)

Kimitarusan 06-07-2009 02:55 AM

i dont use blender purely for the toon shader, i use blender because its SUCH an awsome program with an absolutely BEAUTIFUL renderer. and its free.

Kimitarusan 06-07-2009 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
heres a really quickie quickie, i could probably do better, but i just didnt have the time, ill redo it when i get a chance:
Attachment 10033

RKitagawa 06-07-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by everybest (Post 730579)
AliasStudio. I'm sure it's possible, but if its pretty easy to do in blender, that would save me a lot of time just to mess around.

hmm, if it was maya i'd be able to help you out, but i've never even heard of alias studio before.
you should search for some toon shader tutorials for blender and alias studio. then see which one looks better for you.
well, good luck! :)

Gerlandox 06-07-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKitagawa (Post 730720)
hmm, if it was maya i'd be able to help you out, but i've never even heard of alias studio before.
you should search for some toon shader tutorials for blender and alias studio. then see which one looks better for you.
well, good luck! :)

Alias studio is kind of mayas father. Not really used in 3d anim, a very strong tool for hard-surface modeling. I wonder anyway??? People use it still?
I have not heard from it in a while. I dont even know if they are any new releases of that soft. If so i wona look in too it immediately .

And hey the toon shader is awesome,if you made it with 3rd category software even more awesome

Kimitarusan 06-08-2009 12:44 PM

New Art

2 Attachment(s)
ok... miku miku dance ftw:

Attachment 10038
Attachment 10039

everybest 06-08-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerlandox (Post 730807)
Alias studio is kind of mayas father. Not really used in 3d anim, a very strong tool for hard-surface modeling. I wonder anyway??? People use it still?
I have not heard from it in a while. I dont even know if they are any new releases of that soft. If so i wona look in too it immediately .

And hey the toon shader is awesome,if you made it with 3rd category software even more awesome

Yeah, it's mostly for surface modeling and not for animation. People still use it, there are new releases every year. A license is like, $20,000 but you can download a student copy for free (or torrent).

ARoomwithaMOOSE 06-08-2009 02:44 PM

Is there anyone who knows how to get Blender make a 3D model that you then can print off and turn into a a really awesome 3D paper model?

I've read that you can, but I can't get Blender to import a jpg image let alone make a 3D replica. So if anyone knows how to do this your help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

RKitagawa 06-08-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARoomwithaMOOSE (Post 731103)
Is there anyone who knows how to get Blender make a 3D model that you then can print off and turn into a a really awesome 3D paper model?

I've read that you can, but I can't get Blender to import a jpg image let alone make a 3D replica. So if anyone knows how to do this your help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

it's a pretty complicated process...
it's not as simple as telling the program to make a paper model.

Heres a tutorial for ya: Creating paper models - Blender Artists Forums

Good luck man, you should post it up if you get it done, i'd love to see it.

RKitagawa 06-08-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimitarusan (Post 731066)
ok... miku miku dance ftw:

where do you find these models Kimitarusan? they're very nice.
I've always been interested in seeing how people model anime characters, since i tend to do more realistic stuff.

Kimitarusan 06-08-2009 08:26 PM

Weeeeeeeeeee

ok i feel totally smashed.
oh wait... nvrmnd thats jsut my hand in the car door.
anyways:

the models are a mixture of random models found a google and ones i modeled or edited to match my own needs. the guitars are all other peoples, there to difficult for me. this model (haku yowane) is a basic model taht comes with mikumikudance, the guitar is a mikumikudance accesory i DLed