JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Member Art & Creativity (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/)
-   -   3D modeling (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/25694-3d-modeling.html)

RKitagawa 06-10-2009 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegna (Post 732481)
i haven't modeling in a few years not, lots interest along the away but this was one of my first modeling with max and i was really proud at the time.

Nice man, you should get back into modeling, you're good at it.

vegna 06-12-2009 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKitagawa (Post 732502)
Nice man, you should get back into modeling, you're good at it.

I tried but i lost interest, i used to do models in my free time for lots of mods and games. Right now i am really into drawing, and i am making a storyboard (nemu) for a manga that i am starting.

packetpirate 06-12-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegna (Post 732481)
i haven't modeling in a few years not, lots interest along the away but this was one of my first modeling with max and i was really proud at the time.

Lizer zero from zoids, that was my 3rd or 2nd try, the first one wasn't that great, i did it in 05.

Did you box model that?

RKitagawa 06-12-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packetpirate (Post 733214)
Did you box model that?

box modeling is when you make a single object starting with a cube.
This looks like a ton of different boxes put together... not exactly box modeling, but similar.

Quote:

I tried but i lost interest, i used to do models in my free time for lots of mods and games. Right now i am really into drawing, and i am making a storyboard (nemu) for a manga that i am starting.
it's good that you havn't given up on art. good luck with your manga!

packetpirate 06-12-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKitagawa (Post 733289)
box modeling is when you make a single object starting with a cube.
This looks like a ton of different boxes put together... not exactly box modeling, but similar.

it's good that you havn't given up on art. good luck with your manga!

I know that... and it's possible to create what he did by box modeling. It would be hard, but possible.

RKitagawa 06-12-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packetpirate (Post 733334)
I know that... and it's possible to create what he did by box modeling. It would be hard, but possible.

yeah you're right, but judging from the picture i can almost guarantee you that it's just a bunch of different objects grouped together.

vegna 06-12-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packetpirate (Post 733214)
Did you box model that?

I think i Boolean them together, i can't remember much, like i said i did it in 05. If i were to do it again, i'll would probably box model. Robots are mostly box shaped objects, it's not as hard a modeling a person.

Kimitarusan 06-16-2009 05:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well... i was bored. so i did another quick pictur thing
Attachment 10094