JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Member Art & Creativity (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/)
-   -   3D modeling (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/25694-3d-modeling.html)

Kimitarusan 06-05-2009 09:54 PM

3D modeling

2 Attachment(s)
so... ill cut to the chase, today i got a miku model and blender... and i put them together and got this:
Attachment 10023
Attachment 10022
so... yeah. ill post more once i make them ^^ if you want me to pose her any particular way, feel free to speak up, im always open to ideas ^^

Kyousuke 06-05-2009 09:55 PM

2 things to say

1. holy shit thats awesome

2. what program do you use for it?

nvm. blender. thats really cool

iPhantom 06-05-2009 09:58 PM

You said you got it? So you didn't make it?

darksyndrem 06-05-2009 10:08 PM

Good work! *Hi5*

I used to use Milk Shake (?) to change around weapons in H2 for soft modding....but that is nothing compared to this. This is really good!!!

MissMisa 06-05-2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhantom (Post 730014)
You said you got it? So you didn't make it?

I don't think so, I've seen that model before elsewhere. Her arm is also going through her left pigtail in the render.

iPhantom 06-05-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 730029)
I don't think so, I've seen that model before elsewhere. Her arm is also going through her left pigtail in the render.

lol yea I didn't pay attention to that.

nobora 06-06-2009 12:48 AM

wow !!! thats amazing sorry Im a computer nerd -_-

packetpirate 06-06-2009 01:16 AM

I haven't done any modeling in a long time. I have 3DS Max 9, but don't know where to find any decent tutorials on it. I might as well download an e-book someday, but I have other things I need to focus on that I've been neglecting, such as learning Japanese and several programming languages (IE: C++, PHP).
I've modeled several swords in the past. The only good one I made was this katana...

Kyousuke 06-06-2009 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packetpirate (Post 730139)
I haven't done any modeling in a long time. I have 3DS Max 9, but don't know where to find any decent tutorials on it. I might as well download an e-book someday, but I have other things I need to focus on that I've been neglecting, such as learning Japanese and several programming languages (IE: C++, PHP).
I've modeled several swords in the past. The only good one I made was this katana...

have you tried youtube yet they might have something

everybest 06-06-2009 06:24 AM

I assume blender isn't too difficult to figure out if you just got it today? I'm mostly interested in your render. Was it hard to make it look so flat? I saw other renders in the program and they were more 3d-ish. Was there an option to outline shapes in the render or something?

Here's something I rushed earlier, have to go back and clean it up when i have time.

StangGuy 06-06-2009 07:15 AM

I haven't done anything with blender in years, version 2.25 or so but the interface looks about the same as I remember. If she got the model complete, she wouldn't have had to play with any of the render settings as they can be built into the model. There are complete sets from South Park that have everything ready to make your own 3D version that I have seen and it is possible this model is similar. If it is set up it is as simple as selecting the ouput format and pushing the render button. However, the fact that she posed the model which isn't an easy task indicates she has some basic skills in the program.

Also, the rendering settings like in any program are difficult. However, there is a very large user base that has done a large number of types of models. You can easily get render settings if you find the right tutorial. There is also a scripting provision for inputting scripts and plugins that could simplify rendering setttings if someone has allready written them. However,the hardest thing to do in blender is create shapes and get them how you want. It's geometry creation interface is just plain difficult to use.

I will try to dig up some of my stuff and post it.

Gerlandox 06-06-2009 09:01 AM

hhehe they are some 3d pros after all here
Hey like the toon shader very well
Say mate did you model it by yourself?
good work i like that

everybest 06-06-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StangGuy (Post 730284)
I haven't done anything with blender in years, version 2.25 or so but the interface looks about the same as I remember. If she got the model complete, she wouldn't have had to play with any of the render settings as they can be built into the model. There are complete sets from South Park that have everything ready to make your own 3D version that I have seen and it is possible this model is similar. If it is set up it is as simple as selecting the ouput format and pushing the render button. However, the fact that she posed the model which isn't an easy task indicates she has some basic skills in the program.

Also, the rendering settings like in any program are difficult. However, there is a very large user base that has done a large number of types of models. You can easily get render settings if you find the right tutorial. There is also a scripting provision for inputting scripts and plugins that could simplify rendering setttings if someone has allready written them. However,the hardest thing to do in blender is create shapes and get them how you want. It's geometry creation interface is just plain difficult to use.

I will try to dig up some of my stuff and post it.

So, if I'm mostly interested in the cartoon shaders, I can model in my program of choice, output as obj or stl or something similar and import that into blender to render?

RKitagawa 06-06-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by everybest (Post 730352)
So, if I'm mostly interested in the cartoon shaders, I can model in my program of choice, output as obj or stl or something similar and import that into blender to render?

what program do you use? most programs have ways to make a toon shader. I'd be surprised if yours doesn't.
I think it would be unnecessary to get blender for the sole purpose of toon shading your models. But, you are right, it would work that way if you did.

packetpirate 06-06-2009 08:29 PM

If anyone wants to see the other weapons I did, they're all on my deviantFart.

ytangon on deviantART

StangGuy 06-06-2009 08:47 PM

Here is an animation I did 8 years ago in Blender. It took a while to get the IC curves correct when I did it. Car Animation I can't seem to get the video to embed.

Kimitarusan 06-06-2009 08:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
ok... you see, this is actually a model i downloaded, (i just posed it) and i made one new pic with it, the best so far:
Attachment 10030
but heres a very heavily modified version ofthat model (and this one is not in blender, this one is in Carrara 7):
Attachment 10032
(and a new, NEW haircut)
Attachment 10031
ps. packetpirate, this is just for you ^^
i really want to make her play guitar. would that not be awsome? i can do it in Carrara easy. but all i want is for you (mr. pirate) is to convert this model:
(... well its not gonna let me post a link. is there a diffrent way i can get it to you?) from .max to:
.obj
.iwo , or
.3ds

packetpirate 06-06-2009 10:09 PM

I guess I could.

Kimitarusan 06-06-2009 10:13 PM

thx yu so much ^^ =3 ^^ =D :-D =D :-D =D
i figure if u give me your email or something i can send it too you that way =P unless you have a better idea =3
ps. your swords look really nice, it would be fun to try to do some sword staces with miku =P

everybest 06-07-2009 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKitagawa (Post 730378)
what program do you use? most programs have ways to make a toon shader. I'd be surprised if yours doesn't.
I think it would be unnecessary to get blender for the sole purpose of toon shading your models. But, you are right, it would work that way if you did.

AliasStudio. I'm sure it's possible, but if its pretty easy to do in blender, that would save me a lot of time just to mess around.

Kimitarusan 06-07-2009 02:55 AM

i dont use blender purely for the toon shader, i use blender because its SUCH an awsome program with an absolutely BEAUTIFUL renderer. and its free.

Kimitarusan 06-07-2009 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
heres a really quickie quickie, i could probably do better, but i just didnt have the time, ill redo it when i get a chance:
Attachment 10033

RKitagawa 06-07-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by everybest (Post 730579)
AliasStudio. I'm sure it's possible, but if its pretty easy to do in blender, that would save me a lot of time just to mess around.

hmm, if it was maya i'd be able to help you out, but i've never even heard of alias studio before.
you should search for some toon shader tutorials for blender and alias studio. then see which one looks better for you.
well, good luck! :)

Gerlandox 06-07-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKitagawa (Post 730720)
hmm, if it was maya i'd be able to help you out, but i've never even heard of alias studio before.
you should search for some toon shader tutorials for blender and alias studio. then see which one looks better for you.
well, good luck! :)

Alias studio is kind of mayas father. Not really used in 3d anim, a very strong tool for hard-surface modeling. I wonder anyway??? People use it still?
I have not heard from it in a while. I dont even know if they are any new releases of that soft. If so i wona look in too it immediately .

And hey the toon shader is awesome,if you made it with 3rd category software even more awesome

Kimitarusan 06-08-2009 12:44 PM

New Art

2 Attachment(s)
ok... miku miku dance ftw:

Attachment 10038
Attachment 10039

everybest 06-08-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerlandox (Post 730807)
Alias studio is kind of mayas father. Not really used in 3d anim, a very strong tool for hard-surface modeling. I wonder anyway??? People use it still?
I have not heard from it in a while. I dont even know if they are any new releases of that soft. If so i wona look in too it immediately .

And hey the toon shader is awesome,if you made it with 3rd category software even more awesome

Yeah, it's mostly for surface modeling and not for animation. People still use it, there are new releases every year. A license is like, $20,000 but you can download a student copy for free (or torrent).

ARoomwithaMOOSE 06-08-2009 02:44 PM

Is there anyone who knows how to get Blender make a 3D model that you then can print off and turn into a a really awesome 3D paper model?

I've read that you can, but I can't get Blender to import a jpg image let alone make a 3D replica. So if anyone knows how to do this your help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

RKitagawa 06-08-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARoomwithaMOOSE (Post 731103)
Is there anyone who knows how to get Blender make a 3D model that you then can print off and turn into a a really awesome 3D paper model?

I've read that you can, but I can't get Blender to import a jpg image let alone make a 3D replica. So if anyone knows how to do this your help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

it's a pretty complicated process...
it's not as simple as telling the program to make a paper model.

Heres a tutorial for ya: Creating paper models - Blender Artists Forums

Good luck man, you should post it up if you get it done, i'd love to see it.

RKitagawa 06-08-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimitarusan (Post 731066)
ok... miku miku dance ftw:

where do you find these models Kimitarusan? they're very nice.
I've always been interested in seeing how people model anime characters, since i tend to do more realistic stuff.

Kimitarusan 06-08-2009 08:26 PM

Weeeeeeeeeee

ok i feel totally smashed.
oh wait... nvrmnd thats jsut my hand in the car door.
anyways:

the models are a mixture of random models found a google and ones i modeled or edited to match my own needs. the guitars are all other peoples, there to difficult for me. this model (haku yowane) is a basic model taht comes with mikumikudance, the guitar is a mikumikudance accesory i DLed

Kimitarusan 06-08-2009 09:43 PM

'nother quickie
messed up on the face tho

RKitagawa 06-08-2009 09:46 PM

i'm not quite sure how blender works, but you should see if you can turn up the antialiasing on ur render settings. so that you dont have those jagged outlines.

everybest 06-09-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARoomwithaMOOSE (Post 731103)

After you model, you can export your file and import it into Pepakura to create the paper image.

Pepakura Designer

ARoomwithaMOOSE 06-09-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKitagawa (Post 731179)
it's a pretty complicated process...
it's not as simple as telling the program to make a paper model.

Heres a tutorial for ya: Creating paper models - Blender Artists Forums

Good luck man, you should post it up if you get it done, i'd love to see it.

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!
I will look up the tutorial and give it a try:)

When I get it all figured out I will post a picture or two.:vsign:

Nendoroid 06-09-2009 07:57 PM

I haven't neccesarily done any 3D modeling and rendering, however I am editing movies with Vegas and After Effects as a hobby. I'm fairly proficient but I want to know how different it is from Adobe After Effects 3D environment creations and camera angles. Could someone help me with that?

RKitagawa 06-09-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nendoroid (Post 731697)
I haven't neccesarily done any 3D modeling and rendering, however I am editing movies with Vegas and After Effects as a hobby. I'm fairly proficient but I want to know how different it is from Adobe After Effects 3D environment creations and camera angles. Could someone help me with that?

it's completely different. After effects is very limited in it's 3D capabilities compared to true 3D applications. It's still the same basic concept (you have a camera, and objects placed in various locations throughout your scene), but in the end AE can't really have complex 3D objects, mostly just planes and text.

Nendoroid 06-09-2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKitagawa (Post 731743)
it's completely different. After effects is very limited in it's 3D capabilities compared to true 3D applications. It's still the same basic concept (you have a camera, and objects placed in various locations throughout your scene), but in the end AE can't really have complex 3D objects, mostly just planes and text.

Ah I see. If it was anything similar I was hoping to learn the 3D modeling as well. I'll stick to video editing, for now. :ywave:

RKitagawa 06-09-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nendoroid (Post 731829)
Ah I see. If it was anything similar I was hoping to learn the 3D modeling as well. I'll stick to video editing, for now. :ywave:

eh, you shouldn't let the differences stop you. Give 3D modeling a shot if you can. It's fun. especially if you're into media art (which you seem to be).

Nendoroid 06-10-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKitagawa (Post 731881)
eh, you shouldn't let the differences stop you. Give 3D modeling a shot if you can. It's fun. especially if you're into media art (which you seem to be).

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. :vsign:

vegna 06-10-2009 10:35 PM

i haven't modeling in a few years not, lots interest along the away but this was one of my first modeling with max and i was really proud at the time.

Lizer zero from zoids, that was my 3rd or 2nd try, the first one wasn't that great, i did it in 05.